Why isn't There a Feeder Yet for Samerai Daken?

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    6 LTs are significant. You take that and multiply them by the number of 5* and it's 100 LTs or more. It's enough for you to cover 1/3 of pulls needed. 

The dev gave milestone shards and the last time I calculated, they gave a minimum of 13 covers equivalent worth of 5* shards.

I would say, forget about restrospective feeders. It's history and it's as good as dead. You've a better chance of migrating to Mars than the dev giving retrospective feeders in the future. At best, you can wait for the game to shut down and you'll be able to play with all the 5*.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2022
    @jsmjsmjsm00 were you around when shartgate happened? Are you aware of the furore surrounding it? Did you see what Demiurge_Justin posted on Discord? Read what @BriMan2222 wrote. Go and do your homework before passing your judgement on what I said.

An example: When sharts were introduced, along with retro feeders, my 4* Cyclops was over lv320. I rightly expected to get 3 Cable covers, which would have completed him (he was 4/3/3 at the time). Instead, I got around 600 or 700 sharts for Cable. It was only after the players spoke out that I got the full 3 covers (his Blue cover at lv 280, plus the 500 sharts at lv300 and lv320).

To reiterate: the devs low-blowed the players, and never apologised for it. They only fixed their mess after the playerbase took a very huge action. I remember one of the devs posting on Discord to "cool it with the review-bombing", and that they would get around to giving out all retrospective rewards. They were more concerned about having a low rating on the app store, than about us players being lowballed. If the devs had apologised for it, taken ownership of this huge blunder, then that would have gone some way to restoring goodwill. But nope. No apology, no explanation. And once again: the devs fully deserve every bit of criticism they received for shartgate.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I don't remember any new addition to the game which hasn't been received with negative criticism by a significant group of players, and I have good memory. 
    All that review bombing only harms the players who want to collaborate with their feedbacks in order to get a better game, receiving zero communication on exchange, thanks to those entitled vets' actions, but luckily they don't have any power anymore to harm the popularity of this game. 
    From a logical point of view, if I was a dev in any way I would release retroactive feeders again.
    Right now feeders are released unannounced and it's only needed a tiny relationship like to just having fought between them (kitty 4* and gertrude).
    I think it's hard to criticize devs' generosity when there are so many important gifts, such as special months offering a lot of shards, special contests, forum contest, shards on pandemic times, recently gargantos covers on boss events, 250 shards possibles on kamala contest, etc....
    Of course they historically mess up things, but eventually they fix it on goodwill.
    It can't be said the same for some players collective. 
  • Bad
    . At best, you can wait for the game to shut down and you'll be able to play with all the 5*.
    Do you see any type of fun on that idea? Because I don't see any and I think it's not gonna happen when Marvel's shows and movies are the best warranty to make money at present time, sorry if that leaves you down. 
    But you can repeat it another 200 times, and perhaps your mantra will receive godly powers and it will come true.
  • HoundofShadow
    Don't get me wrong. I love MPQ a lot. If anything, some of the nicks I earned over the years in this forum were anti-players, pro-dev or MPQ dev. I love all character releases equally, but I love some abilities type even more (like trap based on board manipulation-based abilities). You can see it in many of the characters' threads where I was thinking of ways to maximise their potential, instead of delegating them to trash status and then ignoring them. You don't see me trashing the dev, calling them incompetent or greedy (in a serious manner).

Also equally important, I don't predict MPQ to shutdown every year or every six months since I joined this forum. As a matter of fact, in the earlier years, I strongly disagree with the doomsayers.

We've already reached the endgame in MPQ: SCL 10 and 5* characters. It's a fact. I don't think the dev has updated milestones and the last updated milestones that they have will take me 2-3 years to complete. 

As far as feeders is concerned, there are only two logical ways all 5* gets feeders: either something major happens in the game, like a new 6* release or they found a new way to make money (via Supports, probably) or the game shuts down. It's a logical decision. Do not fantasise about waking up to MPQ with tons of 5* covers appearing. It happened before but it didn't ended well. 
  • Bad

We've already reached the endgame in MPQ: SCL 10 and 5* characters. It's a fact. I don't think the dev has updated milestones and the last updated milestones that they have will take me 2-3 years to complete. 

As far as feeders is concerned, there are only two logical ways all 5* gets feeders: either something major happens in the game, like a new 6* release or they found a new way to make money (via Supports, probably) or the game shuts down. It's a logical decision. Do not fantasise about waking up to MPQ with tons of 5* covers appearing. It happened before but it didn't ended well. 
    Sorry, but the game will end for you. For you and for the players in the same situation like you, wanting something new and trascending. But it won't end for the millions players who, actively or casually, are playing the game and are supporting it.
    Ideally devs should address the vets and advanced players who are playing on the top (I'm half a vet already myself), and give them something greater to chew it out for some years more.
    But the thing it's that they perfectly could continue as they are doing, as players owning advanced leveled meta characters don't represent much of the whole % playing the game, and much less the % of the revenue.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    You probably misunderstood what I wrote. Let's start again.

Context:
    Players want

1) all (non-Latest) 5* to have feeders, which means there will be retrospective feeding, and/or

2) all new 4* releases must feed 5.

My opinion
    It'll never happen unless either one of two events happens:

1) something major happens in MPQ, like a new 6*, or a new way to make money (via Support).
    2) The game shuts down. If that happens, it doesn't make sense to update feeders anyway because everyone will have all champed characters to play with.

So, my main point is retrospective feeders are dead. Also, expecting:

1) all new 4* feeders to feed 5* will not happen.
    2) all 5* who just left LT to have feeders almost immediately will not happen.

Continuing to expect the above to happen will only make your MPQ experience less pleasant.

And I don't expect new things for the game. As a matter of fact, I'm very happy with MPQ because the reason why I'm still playing MPQ is because I love to find synergies. New events are not my cup of tea. The last interesting PvE was the original Fight for Wakanda and it got nerfed hard after getting booted out of the game for years.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    There is another way to catch up: interrupt the release schedule to add extra 4* releases that feed the 5* characters that are missing a feeder. Once that’s done return to the normal schedule with every new 4* being a feeder.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    In the past, the release schedule were 4/4/5/4/4/5. When Prof X was introduced in Sep 2019 or when shards were introduced, it became the 4/5/4/5 that we have today. I remember top players came to the forum and demanded answers from the dev about the change.

Anyway, the dev's stance about feeders has been very clear cut. They won't do what you suggested.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    I don't get the stinginess.  A little generosity to the long-timers makes them more likely to stick around and keep spending.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get the stinginess.  A little generosity to the long-timers makes them more likely to stick around and keep spending.
    We just got a boss event (a trivially easy one at that) that gave out 2 5* covers. Apparently another one is coming soon for Kamala that appears it will also award 2 more 5* covers.

That doesn't seem stingy to me and could in fact represent that all boss events going forward will give 5* covers (fingers crossed). There's also been free login gifts of 5* (Rescue during the Pandemic), lots of vaults with 5* shards and so on. It's never been easier to acquire 5* covers.

But always the discussion returns to retro feeders. I really don't think the game should go that path again because of all the hard feelings it caused (anger for those who didn't get all the rewards and then anger from the double dipping on rewards). It's best to just keep doing what they are doing which is making new 4* into feeders even if it means some 5* wait a year or two before they are fed.

KGB
  • Bad

2) The game shuts down. If that happens, it doesn't make sense to update feeders anyway because everyone will have all champed characters to play with.

From what I can see, you are only considering the happy option where after the shut down everybody will have all the characters for them to play and champ and there will be modes available, etc... and the only difference would be not releasing characters anymore. 
    Well, fyi I came from a game which shut down and the only thing you got when trying to start the app is a message saying "sorry there is no service available anymore ".
    And for me and other people who enjoyed that game the only thing left for us was watching videos of the game in YouTube. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited June 2022
    I have played many mobile F2P games and a few had shut down, and one of them being Marvel Battle Lines.

What I gathered is that the dev will start to become really nice unexpectedly and starts fulfilling more requests that have been backlogged, and also there will be more sales. Then, they will drop a bombshell that they will be stopping the service. They will refund all spending 2-3 months before the announcement and they will unlock the full game experience for players to enjoy until the game gets taken offline.

If I didn't remember wrongly, Sonic match-3 also had similar events happening.

I think the game you played must have a terrible dev team that just shuts the game down without notice.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    When this does shut down it is unlikely they will continue an offline version for people to continue to play.
    When Marvel heroes shut down that was it. Everybody was hanging out on the rainbow bridge and then everyone died. The same happened with the first Star Wars MMO and the Matrix Online.
    The only online game I can think of off the top of my head that allowed players to continue after shut down is The Simpsons Tapped Out for the Chinese market… but they still had servers
    I’m all likeliness when this goes down there won’t be anything left. Pretty much what games as a service are
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    KGB said:
    We just got a boss event (a trivially easy one at that) that gave out 2 5* covers. Apparently another one is coming soon for Kamala that appears it will also award 2 more 5* covers.

That doesn't seem stingy to me and could in fact represent that all boss events going forward will give 5* covers (fingers crossed). There's also been free login gifts of 5* (Rescue during the Pandemic), lots of vaults with 5* shards and so on. It's never been easier to acquire 5* covers.

But always the discussion returns to retro feeders. I really don't think the game should go that path again because of all the hard feelings it caused (anger for those who didn't get all the rewards and then anger from the double dipping on rewards). It's best to just keep doing what they are doing which is making new 4* into feeders even if it means some 5* wait a year or two before they are fed.

KGB
    I agree regarding the new boss event.  Definitely not stingy.  It just seems weird 5's that old haven't gotten a feeder yet.  

Personally, it seems to me the game is about to go through another major transition.  Perhaps that is why things have been off a bit lately.  If 5's are being handed out through boss events, perhaps 4's are going to be deemphasized soon.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2022
    KGB said:

KGB

That's because the easiest solution to the stupid feeder problem is to just DO IT and get it over with. If feeders are a major part of the game flow there's no reason that Havok or Onslaught shouldn't have one yet. Feed old characters, let some of them get an extra cover or two, move the **** on properly (no more non-feeding 4s!) and this STOPS BECOMING AN ISSUE.

• HoundofShadow
    The "feeder issue" exists because completionists make it a big deal. I've over 30 5* champed and I don't have any issue with not champing the other 20or 30 5*. Past data shows that majority of players are only interested in leveling certain targeted 5*, even when other characters "need" more covers.

My alt account has 12 5* not rostered and 3 of them don't have a feeder. And I play competitively in pves. I  don't see a big problem with all Classics not having feeders. 

The reason MPQ is still around for 8 years is not because they did exactly what you told them to do, but because they did a pretty good job balancing business goals  and players' goals.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    I don't care if they don't do retroactive feeders, I just want every new 4 to be a feeder. I really don't care if they make sense or not. Puck seems pretty useless (to me) but he feeds Colossus so I will chase his covers. Black Knight feeds no one so I won't do anything extra for him. Melinda May does not feed anyone either though she is a lot more useful.