Ideas I have rolling in my head

2»

Comments

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to be able to search my roster by affiliation. Not a big thing, but it would be nice to be able to filter to all the mutants or what have you.

Also yes 100 times yes to the shard bank idea. I'd love to be able to transfer shards from a character to a bank and spend them on whoever I want. Obviously you couldn't spend 4* shards on 5*s or anything, but when I go over the needed number of shards for a character I'd love to be able to transfer the excess to the next character I'm working on. I don't need 1400 shards on my fully  covered  4* Elektra, I'm not champing her any time soon, I've got better places to spend my iso right now. If I could put them towards a character I actually want to champ it'd be pretty cool.

I'd even appreciate a fix to just the favoriting system, where I so often go over the amount I needed because the reward totals on the tokens make it near impossible to hit a target number on the nose. It's not much but those 5 shards on my now fully covered Magik aren't doing any good just sitting there, and all that adds up. Maybe reward shards from events could be unique character specific shards that are non-transferable, but for those we get from opening cover packs or completing quests they go into * level shard banks and can be spent on any character in the bank's level. I wouldn't even mind trading the rare bonus shards for the greater control and elimination of wasted shards if that would be an acceptable compromise. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing I think that is really missing is a training dummy. Just a simple dps dummy to test out your single turn dps or multi turn dps. Some adjustable settings like total health and selectable health refresh for a certain amount of turns.

Make it do like 1 dmg per turn and not make matches so we can test teams before taking them into PvE or PvP.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    dianetics said:
    The thing I think that is really missing is a training dummy. Just a simple dps dummy to test out your single turn dps or multi turn dps. Some adjustable settings like total health and selectable health refresh for a certain amount of turns.

Make it do like 1 dmg per turn and not make matches so we can test teams before taking them into PvE or PvP.
    Maybe it could even be programmed as any team at any level, and play against you - but it  just shows you the damage that would be done rather than actually doing it, so you can see if your team can survive a few turns against a node or enemy team before you face it as well as how capable your set-up is at damaging them? That way you don't just get wiped or spend an exorbitant amount of time slowly cutting them down with an ineffectual team. Though that might kind of defeat the point of the health pack system I suppose.
  • dianetics
    Really I’m just interested in a way to test teams without delving into to health packs or using boosts. Just mess around and find out what works without consequences.

It seems like such a basic feature in games I’m wondering why it hasn’t appeared here after what 8 years?
  • NemoAbernnigan
    dianetics said:
    Really I’m just interested in a way to test teams without delving into to health packs or using boosts. Just mess around and find out what works without consequences.

It seems like such a basic feature in games I’m wondering why it hasn’t appeared here after what 8 years?
    The very reason you want it is why haha. Boosts and healthpacks are part of the economy. The more people need em the more likely they are to buy em. Even if its just a bit of iso on boosts, or a handful of tokens on the spicy vault it all drives towards the likelihood of a actual purchase.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want support shards!!!
  • dianetics
    I was pretty clear. I want the dummy to test teams before taking them into the wild.

You may have an idea for a team, but unless you can actually use it may or may not work. The best bet is using a training dummy like in any mmo, rogue lite, or other gear based game. It is a common feature. 

It would only be used for testing without affecting your progression, and it could be a useful feature.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Yeah, but I'm saying they don't want that feature because they want you to need to use healthpacks and boosts.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    As far as roster search features go, I'd like one that let me search for characters who can create/destroy tiles of certain colors or create/destroy special tiles etc. So many times now in Puzzle Ops, we get those nodes that say 'have X number of Yellow tiles' or 'have X number of protects' or 'X number of fortified' and so on and so forth. I know some of the meta characters who can do such things but there are countless others I forget about.

So I'd like to be able to search for characters who can do such things (ie show me all characters who can fortify tiles type thing).

Given that developer time is limited (and costly) it would really behoove them to allow players to create such features (LUA maybe).

KGB
  • dianetics
    I have over 500 health packs and my boosts are always maxed.  A dummy would do very little to impact the usage of boosts and health packs.

i get where your coming from but those use cases come from chasing in PvE and pushing up in PvP. 

A dummy would not interfere with either. There are established team’s for progression and PvP. A dummy could help widen that
  • bbigler
    You can use The Shield Simulator or Puzzle Gauntlet nodes to test new teams
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    You can use The Shield Simulator or Puzzle Gauntlet nodes to test new teams
    1. Shield Sim and Puzzle Gauntlet are not always available.

2. You can't simulate specific teams you want to playtest against. What if I wanted to test out the best team coms against certain CL nodes? Kraven, Carnage and Sabretooth in Fight for Wakanda for example. You can't find a LVL650 version of them in regular Sim.

3. With sandbox you can play with a new 5* at 550 and decide if it's worth chasing. Remember since they've scrapped Introducing... there is no way to playtest a new 5* and even back then the scenarios were very limited and do not always bring out the character's full potential. 
  • bbigler
    So, you want to know how good a team is before chasing after them?  That’s logical, but you can always ask other players in the game how good that team is instead.  
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I've been asking for a training dummy or practice mode for a long time. With so many characters in this game, there is no reason D3 can't throw in a practice mode where you can try out different team combos and not have to blow health packs doing so. 

I'm also fed up with the lack of new content in this game. For a simple match 3 game it's lame the lack of any meaningful new content we get. They'll just keep churning out new characters, many of them being terrible and do little else going forward. At this point in the games like I don't think anyone at D3 really gives a *&^%. They're happy just pushing the slop this game has become down the road and collecting whatever money the player base is generating for them. While other Marvel mobile games aren't perfect either, it's nice that there's quite a bit more to do in those games compared to MPQ. At this point I've come to realize MPQ which has always been by favorite and go to mobile game, simply is what it is and D3 is never going to make any significant changes going ahead. You either like or tolerate where the game is now, or move onto something else. 

I think MPQ had a good run. I mean how dumb of concept is it to make you have to collect 13 or more covers just to have a complete functional character, end up with dupes in bunches before you get the covers you finally need to finish the characters you really like. Factor in the pathetic LL store which forces you to waste valuable resources on terrible characters just to get the one you like. The lack of any good new PVE or PVP content, most of what they have done has been lame. 

Of course the enjoyment one gets depends a lot on what tier you play. For those new to MPQ or working their way up tier 2/3/4, the game can be a lot of fun. But for those who've been at the 5 tier for a long time, the new characters aren't usually anywhere near good enough to make this stale game overly interesting. That combined with next to zero new features or anything fun being implemented, for those who've been sitting at the 5 tier for years there doesn't seem to be a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    No one forces you to play with 5*, if you choose to make the game boring , that’s on you, not MPQ. Likewise you’re not forced to play SCL 10.  Many of the 4* recently are meta in 4* land when I play them. And twice as many characters to choose from . When I get tired of using the same characters or seeing the same opponents ad infinitum I drop a few levels and try plenty of new combinations using 3-4* only.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I'd supplement the daily login with a monthly calendar system.

From a psychological perspective they are most probably have a greater effect player retention/daily logins. As you know you are going to something tasty at the end of the month. 

Would most probably scale the rewards based on shield clearance or something if possible.

From a marketing perspective, easy tie in to movies and deals on monthly boosted characters.

But think they're missing a trick with that one.
  • WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 898 Critical Contributor
    Since the forum has the ear of the devs now, I figure I would again mention my one main ask to add to the game.  What I would really like to see implemented is the ability to click/tap on each milestone(completed or not) and be able to see the breakdown of rewards earned and the corresponding threshold for those rewards.  Think of the way you can see a characters champ level rewards.  It could be managed the way it is now where you can only see the threshold you are currently working towards for rewards or let us see it all, my main concern is the ability of seeing into the past.  

Now a totally crazy idea regarding supports..  After being blessed with an infinity stone(thanks again), I got the idea for a new support.  The support would be an infinity gauntlet or nano gauntlet (hold a forum vote?) that unlocks automatically once you acquire all six infinity stone supports.  The character you equip the gauntlet to gets all unlocked perks from each stone.