Ideas I have rolling in my head

Options
Chirus
Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
edited May 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
These are very unlikely to happen. Spare me the post telling me they're very unlikely to happen (or tell me anyway, I savor depressing soul-crushing thoughts). Also, not all of these ideas are great. Tell me that too.

Crowd source team synergies via polls and surveys and request D3 to automate the boost list based on those synergies.

Reintroduce the idea of adding new feeders to current characters, but this time make it a monthly event. 150 shards to 5 star classic characters that have a new 4 star feeder. 

Add fun, easy-to-do weekly events to go from week to week and span the entire month. One week it's the puzzle challenge, next week it's the event introducing a new feeder for a classic 5*, next week, an introductory event for a new 4 * and the next, an introductory event for a 5*. 

Search bar for Team Up requests and donations.

Search bar for your roster.

Search bar for your vine.

Slightly improved UI overlay so character portraits aren't covering part of the tile grid. 

Meaningful SCLs for PvP that brackets level of the opponents you face. Want easier targets? fine, but get worse rewards for choosing a lower SCL. Make it less punishing for people who leveled the wrong guys, but also grant them a way to claw back without selling months of progress. 

Remove the expiration date. Make the total experience of opening packs fun and rewarding.

Account-wide buffs that can be purchased which increase iso8 rate or shard rate. 

Draft Mode. You pick from a list of 3 random characters in your roster 3 times until you have a team. You fight a randomized AI generated team with the average level of your chosen team. Or perhaps the same level as your chosen team. 

Show a carousel of opponents in wave nodes. Add arrow buttons on either side to go from wave to wave.

Add passive team synergies based on affiliation. Eg If you have 3 X Men, at the start of the game, get either 1 strike, attack, or protect tile of strength 200.

Shard Bank for storing shards for later use.

I'll add more as I think of them in the shower. 

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The only idea I like as original would be if the AI picked your team from your complete roster ( or maybe a 3-4-5 each ) and then auto generated an opponent of similar tier and level to match yours ). I’d love to face a different opponent every battle instead of having to skip the same 5 teams 95% of the time over and over.There is one PvP already similar to that . It would also punish collectionists who farm useless characters. 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish it would show character names when you're picking teams.  I mean, I basically know them all but the more esoteric ones I only know IN mpq so it takes my brain a second to connect the icon with a name.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only idea I like as original would be if the AI picked your team from your complete roster ( or maybe a 3-4-5 each ) and then auto generated an opponent of similar tier and level to match yours ). I’d love to face a different opponent every battle instead of having to skip the same 5 teams 95% of the time over and over.There is one PvP already similar to that . It would also punish collectionists who farm useless characters. 
    What is wrong with farming useless characters?  Why do you want to punish “collectionists”?  Are you jealous?  It’s actually very smart to champ everyone and farm their rewards.  It maximizes your profits.  
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it wasn't for farming and essentials 90% of characters wouldn't even be worth rostering; no way D3 ever does anything that punishes those that do go full pokemon.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punish collectionist lol? Now that's a crazy idea. Sorry but this game has been designed for players collecting all characters. I don't understand why AI selecting randomly characters you have and fighting you could be interesting. AI always performs awfully with the best and more leveled characters.

And so the vine expiring is a way to monetize the game. That never will change. 
    D3 doesn't need to do surveys to know sinergies, they know absolutely all and they track it with precise data, as it can be seen on the forum contest.
    I do like the search bar on team up and on roster(on the vine just scrolling down makes it up).
    Other ideas I take them as a way to get free rewards. I'd like all the rewards could be earned on new modes, so I would be on the opposite approach. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Simulator sandbox mode which allows players to test teams, toggle levels and theorycraft. They could crowdsource their playerbase by allowing us to build and submit our own fights or mini-pve events. 

I'd also like to see team affliation bonuses. These are like small passives which only activate when you put 2 or more from the same team together. 
  • Chirus
    Options
    Bzhai said:
    Simulator sandbox mode which allows players to test teams, toggle levels and theorycraft. They could crowdsource their playerbase by allowing us to build and submit our own fights or mini-pve events. 

I'd also like to see team affliation bonuses. These are like small passives which only activate when you put 2 or more from the same team together. 
    Going to add this to my list. I really like this one!
  • Chirus
    Options
    I don't like the idea of a game mode that punishes people for playing the game as they see fit. And I'm not sure how my draft idea punishes collectionists. It's just a way to enjoy the game from a larger variety of characters. Draft mode makes it so that you pick the best out of a list. So you're still trying to optimize your team setup based on what options you have. But I also concede that not all of these are good ideas. So maybe it's a bad one anyway. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whenever considering a change to a game, also consider how players can exploit or abuse it, then adjust or make safeguards against that.  
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    personally, i have many wants. but my first pick, Shard bank to store shards.  if i don't want or have a need for a useless character shard, i should be able to store it and use it later. Shards collected from milestones or progression, should be used how we want, not how the devs want us to use it.  they destroyed the game be removing the bonus heroes, this is a way to restore that.
  • Chirus
    Options
    personally, i have many wants. but my first pick, Shard bank to store shards.  if i don't want or have a need for a useless character shard, i should be able to store it and use it later. Shards collected from milestones or progression, should be used how we want, not how the devs want us to use it.  they destroyed the game be removing the bonus heroes, this is a way to restore that.
    I like this idea. I wasn't here when bonus heroes came and went so I don't know how that mechanism worked. I never really noticed the problem of "wasted shards" because I've had a consistent carrot to chase this whole time, but you're absolutely right. Once a player has collected all of the meta teams, then what? Stop pulling for fear of wasting shards on characters you don't care about? That unnecessarily removes entire aspects of the game in between long spans of boring releases, which is no fun. Opening packs should be a core aspect of the average player's experience, but by far, the economic systems in place make it so that the average player disproportionately are punished for opening packs and have to keep saving for the one in a million chance of seeing a character they like. More of the game's systems should innoculate from cornering players into a single kind of playstyle.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really like this:
    Bzhai said:
    Simulator sandbox mode which allows players to test teams, toggle levels and theorycraft.
    Yes please. I have wanted this for years. I sort of use actual season Simulator as a bandaid solution makeshift sandbox for this. But it depends on so much:
    1) I must be low enough on pts to still see random teams as opponents. Once you get too high, you'll only find meta teams that require my meta counter teams and I have to wait for next month's Sim to start exploring stuff again. Which is very disappointing.
    2) If I was to champ a 5* (I could, I have one fully covered although unleveled), I'd probably lose the ability to do this completely. Because I'm guessing my opponents then would be other single-champ 5* teams and random low tier 4* can't compete with that while I'm trying to look for teams and synergies for them.  
    3) Also, to try synergies, that means I must have that character in a useable state, which is limiting.
    I want a team test sandbox mode so badly.
  • Chirus
    Options
    AlexR said:
    I really like this:
    Bzhai said:
    Simulator sandbox mode which allows players to test teams, toggle levels and theorycraft.
    Yes please. I have wanted this for years. I sort of use actual season Simulator as a bandaid solution makeshift sandbox for this. But it depends on so much:
    1) I must be low enough on pts to still see random teams as opponents. Once you get too high, you'll only find meta teams that require my meta counter teams and I have to wait for next month's Sim to start exploring stuff again. Which is very disappointing.
    2) If I was to champ a 5* (I could, I have one fully covered although unleveled), I'd probably lose the ability to do this completely. Because I'm guessing my opponents then would be other single-champ 5* teams and random low tier 4* can't compete with that while I'm trying to look for teams and synergies for them.  
    3) Also, to try synergies, that means I must have that character in a useable state, which is limiting.
    How difficult PvP becomes when you champ your first 5* largely depends on which one you champ I think. Because some of these characters are designed to punch way above their weight. Polaris with a good tank can dismantle opponents with almost 100k hp. I think the fear of messing up your PvP experience is a legitimate one, but likely not quite as horrible as some make it out to be. Although, this would again largely depend on which kind of 5* you decided to champ. I left this game years ago on an account with the X force duo (Dp and wolv), female Thor, Hulkbuster and a handful of random 4s. PvP is a much harder slog on that account than with my current one with Polaris and her team of partners, where I can punch above level 400 characters regularly. So... don't be too afraid, but don't be reckless either, lol.

And yes to everything else you typed. It'd be amazing to have a sandbox to test your team comps in against either randomized foes or foes you can select manually with no fear of health pack burning. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Chirus said:
    AlexR said:
    I really like this:
    Bzhai said:
    How difficult PvP becomes when you champ your first 5* largely depends on which one you champ I think. Because some of these characters are designed to punch way above their weight. Polaris with a good tank can dismantle opponents with almost 100k hp. I think the fear of messing up your PvP experience is a legitimate one, but likely not quite as horrible as some make it out to be. Although, this would again largely depend on which kind of 5* you decided to champ. I left this game years ago on an account with the X force duo (Dp and wolv), female Thor, Hulkbuster and a handful of random 4s. PvP is a much harder slog on that account than with my current one with Polaris and her team of partners, where I can punch above level 400 characters regularly. So... don't be too afraid, but don't be reckless either, lol.

And yes to everything else you typed. It'd be amazing to have a sandbox to test your team comps in against either randomized foes or foes you can select manually with no fear of health pack burning. 
    Yeah-- but those are worries for your normal PvP matches. The 5* I have fully covered is BRB, so I'm fairly confident I could BRB/Polaris my way through things. It'd probably be very boring, because I'd be going from a deep roster to being forced to use one team for everything for the time being. But regardless, should be workable.
    However, that would almost certainly still give me opponents against which I can't fool around in Sim anymore trying to find team synergies for the likes of 4* Kingpin and such. That was the point I was trying to make-- my bandaid sandbox solution depends on me not messing up my MMR too badly, because season Sim is not actually a team test sandbox and this is another limitation of trying to use it as such. I want an actual team test sandbox so badly, haha.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I want to try out a team usually I choose an easy PvE node and then if the team is better than expected I quit before winning the foes.
  • Chirus
    Options
    Bad said:
    When I want to try out a team usually I choose an easy PvE node and then if the team is better than expected I quit before winning the foes.
    It's a solid idea, and I think it's very similar to the sim room idea that AlexR put out. A sandbox mode would have a few distinct advantages though. For one, you can test out a full maxed character that you don't currently have covers for. Secondly, health packs won't be an issue because any damage done in the sandbox mode will be negated at the end of the battle. If the sandbox mode also allowed you to play with characters you don't own, then it would be an even greater plus since now you can plan for which characters to chase after without feeling disappointed in the end about it. 
  • Astrolad
    Astrolad Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would like another PVP devoted solely to 4*. Having recently jumped to 5* land, I find that I rarely use my 4*. They get chewed up so fast in PVP. 

But it seems like all the fun new characters (ones with interesting powers) are 4* and not 5. Having a dedicated place to play and use only that tier would be something I would use all the time. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There already is a sandbox mode in MPQ.  You can even play with every character maxed. I've heard MPQ sandbox mode is easier to setup on Steam.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I'd like a 'bad beat' option in PvP.

After any wipe (ie all 3 character dead, not a retreat) you have the option to click 'bad beat' in which case you re-do the battle EXACTLY as it was (no changing teams, supports, boosts, healing etc) but for 2x points if you win and 10x if you lose (so if the battle was originally for 40 points you'd get 80 for winning but if you lost and the loss the 1st time cost 10 points, you'd lose 100).

Ridiculous wipes are my biggest pet peeve and raise my blood pressure enormously.

KGB

P.S. I think they are worried that sandbox mode where you could set the enemies as well as your own team would lead players to work endlessly on finding teams for challenge nodes which would necessitate them constantly changing node content in PvE.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My biggest request for change would be no more attack of the clones in PvP. Once you beat a specific trio in PvP all other clones of it are blocked from facing you for the event .The downside is once you beat about 5 trios there may literally be no one for you to face.