legacy pve hod

Options
2»

Comments

• ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The event is good though it starts too early and has too many charges.

And class:wizard is so annoying, whatever the event 😅. If you face it and lack some luck, you can say at least goodbye to the secondaries...
  • Jonster78
    Jonster78 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Hate it. Hated it when it first came out, hate it now. 
  • Enigma
    Enigma Posts: 53 Match Maker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I'm ok with the long event and lots of charges, but mostly because I don't have Bolas, did not intend to get Bolas, and was still able to earn all the personal rewards without playing the top node. (I've given up entirely on Coalition prizes or ranked prizes in almost all events partly because the ranking system is f'd and partly because the game almost always crashes on me at least once, sometimes two or three times, so no chance of earning anything worthwhile.)

Also, BIG fan of the change of objective to 2 land supports rather than end with 10 or less life.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very, very glad for a change of pace with excellent rewards.
    Like others have said, it would be great if we could determine a maximum number of charges to play for coalition events over a weekend. That way, we can avoid the 2-node/3-node/5-node debate and just talk about a healthy amount of time to commit to the game.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I loved this event. Despite my loss dropping me to the 50-100 range, I'm still getting more rewards than a perfect run in our previous coalition events.  I dont care so much about the number of charges, it was kind of nice having something to play into Sunday. 

My main gripe was the max charges/starting charges at the beginning of the event.  One thing the newer coalition events do right is give plenty of time to play the first set of charges before you fill up.  This event started at 1pm local time, and only gave 16 hours before being full.  The bulk of that time I am asleep, so I have to get started before bed.  If I am even slightly busy on a Friday night the game is suddenly a burden instead of something fun.  I personally hate the whole concept of max charges in a node, let us start when we want to start.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loved it!
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can't really add much to what's already been said. 
    Top node should have the planeswalker available to use even if the player doesn't own it. New players don't always have the resources to purchase a planeswalker. Restricting the node, in a lot of cases, prevents players from playing, at least a portion of the event. 

Changing the damage objective was a good call. Too many loopy burn decks for that to be consistently achievable. 

I actually prefer these events to go into Monday. There are so many charges initially so it's a mad rush to clear as much as possible.  I usually have busy weekends so it's nice to have that extra time to catch back up.