Adventure stilled bugged and…[Investigating]

Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Oktagon choose to run an event “Challenge of the courts”.  :smile:

Why do you run an event where a key mechanic is broken? “Curious pair” just ruined a match for me, because Greg could cast it (flip-side) again and again thereby making food tokens. 

This is an very old bug that you never seemed to have gotten fixed. Could you at least stop running this event until you have fixed this for good?

“will try and locate the old bug reports”…

thread 1 - https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/971131#

thread 2 - https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85159/adventure-cards-on-the-ais-hands-investigating

I think that those are all there exists, but I can’t seem to find any actual progress on this bug. 

@Oktagon_Support could you please bring someone with knowledge about this issue to the forum, another “investigating” status would be insulting (considering that nothing has happened on the previous threads after adding that status). Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    CotC also has the node timer bug that they refuse to acknowledge. I do love the event, but man... the bugs.
    I'm curious how you lost points to Greg casting food-generating cards repeatedly.
  • Tremayne
    edited April 2022
    The gist was keeping “feasting troll king” on the battlefield by casting “Curious pair” twice every round (with additional help from other food generating cards) I managed to get FTK off the table once but after a huge cascade another replaced it the next round, IIRC. And that was to resilient to handle with my luck of the draw.

Is the timer thing a bug. I thought Oktagon had declared that a feature?
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• jtwood
    Tremayne said:
    Is the timer thing a bug. I thought Oktagon had declared that a feature?
    I had a lengthy conversation with support, and they certainly seem to think it's working as intended.
    But the reality is that if you don't play as soon as the event starts, you run the risk of falling into a pod where some people have more charges than you. This is caused by the timers on the various nodes having start times based on different rules (the top node starts as soon as the event starts, but the other node timers don't start until you win the previous node). As a result, you can have a perfect score in CotC and not end up in first place.

• Tremayne
    Totally agree that the timer issue is very odd @jtwood. It is strange that only one event has this weird setup and no information is provided to inform players about it.

But I know the pitfalls, so I never aim for more than progression in that event. 
  • Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    This is happening in the current Fblthp event with Shepherd of the Flock too
  • Anonymous2112
    Anonymous2112 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Ah, yes... this fun little bug.  Of course I worked my way up to the "Curious Pair" match to see if anything had changed.  At first, it looked like it was the same ol' bug where the spell side of the Adventure card was cast over and over.  Curious Pair's "Create a Food token" was cast and the card went back into their hand.  Next turn, the "Create a Food token" was cast again.  And the next turn.  And the next turn, after that.

But after casting the "Create a Food token" a fifth time, the AI decided it was time to actually cast the creature side of Curious Pair.  Not sure what happened, but obviously something had changed with the code.

So by now, you're probably asking "How did you know the AI was casting the same card over and over again?"  Easy - I was running Nicol Bolas 2 and I kept trimming the cards in hand for the AI until I knew there was only one card - Curious Pair - in hand, because the AI had just cast it, creating a food token.  I then locked the AI down using the "Overwhelm the Gods" loyalty ability, thus denying the card draw.  It was while the AI was locked down in this state that it finally cast the Curious Pair as a creature, after casting that same card over and over to create a food token.

It would be nice if the status of this bug would change from "will be investigated" to "is being investigated".
  • jtwood
    Tremayne said:
    But I know the pitfalls, so I never aim for more than progression in that event. 
    The support team literally said "But the majority of players quit after progression", which floored me.

• Tremayne
    jtwood said:
    Tremayne said:
    The support team literally said "But the majority of players quit after progression", which floored me.

And they didn’t wonder why, that is?
     I’ll keep my opinion for myself when it comes to CS on this app.