MPQ What's New May/June (Updated 5/31/22)

Options
12346»

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Bubba3210 said:
    Gargantos is listed as the boss event on June 23. Are Gargantos covers the progression and alliance rewards again?
    Rewards aren't set for any events that aren't listed in the post, so I couldn't confirm either way yet.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Added the 6/6 Deadpool Daily to the list.
  • will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    To make the game more "exciting", I would ask 
  • will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Does Season ends after 10 PVPs (Psylocke)?, couldn't find the Black Crown
    Season starts tomorrow, Yellow Crown
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    EDIT: for the sake of being specific, Hulk (Banner) is not part of the normal pattern. His spot on the list was last September, and his next "turn" is early in the next rotation, probably around March 2023. Kingpin/Storm are part of the normal pattern, and it is their "turn" next. (then Deadpool, Iceman, Prof X, and Magneto, assuming nothing screwy)
    woohoo, thank you for this list.  I am 250 shards away from Magneto being champed, and he's 1 of just 5 of my unfed 5* left for me to champ
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Would we guess 2 or 3 more featured 5-star Moon Knights? Or more than that? Crystal should be featured once more?
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crystal gets 1 more, probably the 6/16 event, though only because it looks like Gargantos shards are going to be placement for the 6/9 event, which switches around the order for the currently 3 LLs. They were doing ABC for the past couple months but now assuming it’s not a misprint, they’re doing CAB instead (since Gargantos took Elektra’s spot). MoonKnight is harder to decide because of this change in order. Assuming no Boss events other than 6/23, I’m currently predicting him to be essential on 6/19, and 7/14… and then he’s kicked out on 7/28 before he gets his 4th turn. But if the Gargantos shards on 6/9 are really supposed to be Crystal’s, or if they reorder the 3 again on 7/7, then the order will work and he’ll get 3 more events.

It did happen to Ronan though, where there were just so many boss events in this months and he only got 3 events in total. So there’s some precedent that Moon Knight might not get his 4th. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m curious if giving those gargantos covers out in a boss event like that isn’t indicative of a short stint for him. We won’t know till it happens or not though I’m sure.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One poster said that the next run will give KK cover. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One poster said that the next run will give KK cover. 
    Where? It’s already been said by an employee that it hasn’t been confirmed on the rewards for that event. But it will be very interesting to see if this is a change going forwards. Of course I would love to see KK and a boss event run after each 5* release but it seems way to generous without knowing what else is coming…
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    To quote:

We just got a boss event (a trivially easy one at that) that gave out 2 5* covers. Apparently another one is coming soon for Kamala that appears it will also award 2 more 5* covers.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah but who are you quoting.

IceIx in this thread said the rewards weren't decided yet. So who are you quoting that has more information? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He/she/they appear(s) to be quoting forum user KGB from another thread.

@KGB do you have an external source and would you be willing to link please?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't have any external sources. I was merely parroting what others here had already said when they saw the initial  'what's new' post about the upcoming boss event before ICE clarified the rewards weren't set yet.

Like everyone else, my fingers are crossed the boss event awards 2 KK covers.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    I thought you got your source from Discord.  :D

If they put 5* covers in there for Gargantos next run, they are being over generous. It's will be way out of their usual baseline.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m honestly believing the 5* covers were just because it was a new/first-time boss event that tied into a specific character being released. I’m betting the rewards will go back to “normal” boss event rewards next time. 

Perhaps I’ll be wrong… but I won’t be upset at all if I am. ☺️
  • Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why are we rerunning introducing Odin? Is he getting buffed? 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it is the All Father for father's day.