Marvel Puzzle Quest R251 Release Notes (4/25/22)

Options
2»

Comments

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is ****, since I updated my Android phone I can’t play anymore on my iPad. Damn iOS store !
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2022
    Options
    What’s wrong with Apple? Are they hiding cause they think Musk will buy them too?
    still waiting for that update…
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peni Parker support, one of the top supports in the game, is here. Lady Luck, grant me the luck to get R4/R5 Peni parker for both my accounts.  <3

Curious why you think it's one of the top supports? Is it because of the +6 yellow AP possibility?

I have my Rank 3 on Spider Ham because of the stun possibilities but never considered using it on anyone else.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, it goes really well with Thor/iHulk when teamed with Okoye.

It's also great for IM40 because it will boost your ap gain significantly.

It's also great with SC/Thor/Nick Fury because his yellow  creates 3 critical tiles and stun one opponent.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I just have a 2* currently, which is pretty useless. I could see that free yellow at battle start being a good kickstart to those teams, especially if you had Okoye already there equipped with RTF. Probably works well with Thor/Apocalypse if people are still playing that duo. Since there is no way to chase supports on purpose I just don't even pay attention to anything they do until they are unlocked. Similarly, since they are only useable in PVE, where my roster doesn't need marginal advantages typically, i'm even less inclined to learn them. They do tend to be helpful on occasion in the Puzzle Guantlet mode as well.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why are the devs so stingy with supports?  Are they afraid of people finishing their pve grind in just 30 minutes or less?  Oh wait, they can already do that!  
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My update worked well, but I saw the promo for MPQ says “Recruit over 200 Marvel CHARACTERS “ which is a huge exaggeration. I’m not going to count but my guess is there’s about 160 presently . (7 Spider-Man is not 7 characters)
  • tefarez
    tefarez Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Id like Shuma/Garg
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Just popping in to let everyone know that R251 is now available for iOS.  Sorry for the delay and let us know if anyone still has trouble with the update.  Thanks again!
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2022
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Why are the devs so stingy with supports?  Are they afraid of people finishing their pve grind in just 30 minutes or less?  Oh wait, they can already do that!  
    They should just let us upgrade it with duplicates already. And what happens when they´ve cycled through every support in the game? Repeat gauntlets again but offer 4* versions? Doubt they will ever make infinity stones available. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    5* Elektra it turns out is a perfect foil for boosted high level Knulls. Bit late in the boost week to have this revelation, but enjoy I guess.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    It will take about 3 years to cycle through all the rest of the supports. I don't think MPQ will be around by then.

R5 Supports are broken. That could be why they haven't made them available as cash purchase. The current Kimoyo Beads cash bundle is capped at R4. The previous Support chain offer was also capped at R4. R5 supports can only be gotten by luck or by getting top placement in SCL 10 pvp seasons.

I think you've a better chance of using many more R5 supports when MPQ is shut down.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got my pair of 3* supports.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Lady Luck granted my wishes. Unbelievable.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lady Luck granted my wishes. Unbelievable.

You get a R5?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    Options
    R4 and R5, like what I wished.  :D

Main: R5 and R3
    Alt: R4 and R3
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    That's a nice batch of luck. I ended up putting my 3* on iHulk to complement Okoye, and then put my 3* chimichanga on Ghostpool in the middle to marginally help myself out in PVE. over half the time (53.90%) i'm starting with 5 yellow, which is better than not starting with 5 yellow 100% of the time.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So many guesses using the obvious clue. But they hate obvious clues. Eye see you. ICU. Intensive Care Unit. We have to expect a Dr. Strange variant, but what about someone still working in the hospital? Christine Palmer ****.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Extra ap gain at R3 is better than those that require R5. For example, a R4 Widow Batons is quite useless because the ap gain is at R5, compared to Quantum Realm, whose ap gain occurs at R5. Of course, having R4 or R5 (depending on the support) is always the best. 

As for Christine Palmer, if it's her. It's going to be shocking. It will be similar to Okoye or Big Wheel being the 5*. At least Okoye is a meta 5*.  :D