Marvel Puzzle Quest R251 Release Notes (4/25/22)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R251 Release Notes.

“Eye see you…”

• MPQ celebrates Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month!
  • Honor Super Moms on Mother’s Day!
  • Celebrate the Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness premiere with inspired events and characters in MPQ!
  • Get hyped for Free Comic Book Day on 5/7!
  • Puzzle Ops returns on 4/28!
  • PVP season of Time launches 5/5!

Additional Details:

• Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options

“Eye see you…"

I just read Original Sin so The Orb is fresh in my mind

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Orb_(Mercenary)_(Earth-616)

Although I guess the more obvious one is Shuma Gorath based on the Doctor Strange trailer and potential tie ins.  
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "gargantos"  Please don't make him ****, I've been hoarding since scarlet witch/ronan/knull lol.  I'd like 5* gargantos to be awesome (give him his lv 3 super from marvel vs. capcom!), the next one to be cool, and then I don't care.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is this going to be Gargantos or Shuma Gorath?  Please be Shuma.  Gargantos looks like a dollar store octopus costume.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pretty sure there's a whole big thing about why they can't use the name shuma gorath in dr. strange 2, something about the name showing up in conan or something?  So it IS shuma gorath, but different name.  Should've totally named him Guma Shorath.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2-shuma-gorah-renamed-gargantos/
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pretty sure there's a whole big thing about why they can't use the name shuma gorath in dr. strange 2, something about the name showing up in conan or something?  So it IS shuma gorath, but different name.  Should've totally named him Guma Shorath.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2-shuma-gorah-renamed-gargantos/
    Apparently the company that holds the rights was willing to negotiate, but Marvel never even bothered. 
  • ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope its someone else who designed gargantos than black Knight

15 green - gargantos looks at you and slaps you for 8 damage

Black passive - gargantos turns to stone every turn making him invulnerable but loses 10 red ap every turn

30 red - kills everyone including your own team

Enjoy

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Next 5 release coincides with MoM, the biggest Marvel film of this year. It can only be Gargantos or Dr Strange (Villian). He has a third eye at his forehead, based on trailer. 

I'm going to go with Evil Strange or whatever he's called because he's more popular/famous than Gargantos. 

However, I noticed that "Eye" is singular rather plural. It can refer to Gargantos or Evil Strange's third eye. I would love to see 5* Gargantos though. We rarely have monster in 5* tier.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not Agamotto?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I don't remember seeing Agamotto appearing as a living being in the trailer. it was likely being used/referenced as an artefact. If it's Agamotto, it would be considered a huge spoiler in the movie. Generally, they avoid spoiler if possible, such as assigning Mysterio as a hero instead of villian. 

From the trailer, we have this possible combination of tie-ins:

4*/5* Evil Strange
    4* Dr Strange
    4*/5* Gargantos
    4*/5* Minotaur
    5* America Chavez
    5* Mordo
    4* Wanda 

Wong is highly unlikely to appear as a playable character and I can't recognise the rest.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wong is highly unlikely to appear as a playable character and I can't recognise the rest.

Not to mention Wong is a Support.
    I don't think the dev team wants to start the precedent a character as both a support AND playable.  But who knows if they feel the same.

• LakeStone
    Options
    Just a note that the iOS R251 Update did not get released today, it should be released tomorrow.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That would be so great if the movie tie in we got was actually Gargantos (Shuma Gorath) rather than a Strange variant, but I’d be so surprised if it happened.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m betting it’s Shuma (labeled Gargantos) and I hope he’s a meta breaking 5*.  
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The movie D-Tox, starring Sylvester Stallone, was in cinemas under the name "Eye See You". Sylvester Stallone played Starhawk in GotG2. Which proves without doubt that the next character is Starhawk.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not to mention Wong is a Support.
    I don't think the dev team wants to start the precedent a character as both a support AND playable.  But who knows if they feel the same.

A long time ago some of us were grumbling about Wong/Hulkling/SharonCarter and were basically told it wasn't planned, but wasn't ruled out, either. There was something about giving them a different subtitle, like basically "Hulkling (Young Avenger)" was a Support, and a playable version would be called "Hulkling (Something Else)", which is the same way variants of different tiers are handled now.

But it doesn't seem like it's ever going to come up. They've stopped adding Supports, and there aren't many characters there to begin with. Basically Wong is the only one to have a really strong MCU presence pushing for a playable character version, and there's other Strange-related characters they can use for the release tie-ins and just kinda skirt around adding Wong. (and then they don't have to figure anything out like, can the character and support be used in the same fight? or can you equip the support to their own character?)

Mild bummer, because I've thought some characters (like Steve Rogers, Professor X, etc) could be fun as a "mentor" Support for other characters. But really it's kinda far down the list for things for the devs to be concerned with.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So why is Black Cat running a second crash?
  • ThaiDanh
    ThaiDanh Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    LakeStone said:
    Just a note that the iOS R251 Update did not get released today, it should be released tomorrow.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  
    Hi, is there an expected date when the patch will be available for iOS? Still not available to update in the apple store.
  • LakeStone
    Options
    ThaiDanh said:
    LakeStone said:
    Hi, is there an expected date when the patch will be available for iOS? Still not available to update in the apple store.
    We believed this would have been resolved already but at the moment hasn't been made available yet on iOS. We are following up now and will keep everyone posted.  Sorry again for the inconvenience.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There is another issue with adding characters who are already supports. There would need to be additional code added to prevent them being equipped to themselves.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Peni Parker support, one of the top supports in the game, is here. Lady Luck, grant me the luck to get R4/R5 Peni parker for both my accounts.  <3