Consensus on Abigail

2»

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand why. It's because of all the banners, especially when Odin has his cds out and resolving.

A typical start of the turn where their passive repeaters and cds are out would look show 6 banners

Odin's Blessings x 3
    Mystical Feedback x 1
    Peak Performance x 1
    Brand's Loyalty x 1

If they start throwing out another 3 repeaters or cds, you are faced with as many as 9-10 banners that turn. It reminds me of commercial break.  :D

They really need a toggle to turn info banners off. i really don't need to know 3 goons were downed when thanos wipes the whole other team. i'm watching myself playing...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish I could turn off all the flashy animations for match-4 and match-5s.  
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I wish I could turn off all the flashy animations for match-4 and match-5s.  
    I'd like to turn off everything on the AI turn (animations, powers, special tile placements, board move & gem matching etc) such that it was always my turn instantly when I finish my prior one with just the board refreshed to the new state after the AI's turn. If I need to figure out what happened, I'll do that (and check their AP).

My turn likewise can remove all animations, tile placements and so on so that when I move a gem the board instantly refreshes to the final new state.

I figure if it was like that I could finish my PvE clear in <5 minutes. Most PvP battles would be finished in a couple of seconds unless you used someone like Shang where you needed to manually place tiles.

KGB
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if one is playing 1/2Thor, you don't actually want any healing.  At all.

Um, ok. But no one would play her with him.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

Not sure why the snarky "Um, ok" but the thread was about "Consensus on Abigal".  Since many people still use half-Thor I figured I would mention that Abigal's healing doesn't help (nor does Crystal's, but that's a different thread).
  • Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    I have her champed,she's not bad.
    Shes a decent support character so a decent 3rd.
    Her healing is annoying and her powers tie into her healing
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    As SC will tank everything, Abigail will destroy red every turn and on a regular board SC will possibly fail because of that.

If you're playing shang chi right you won't have to worry about Abigail destroying red every turn because the enemy team will never get a turn.
    Unless of course, Colossus is on Abigail's team, dampening his match damage...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    Bad said:
    As SC will tank everything, Abigail will destroy red every turn and on a regular board SC will possibly fail because of that.

If you're playing shang chi right you won't have to worry about Abigail destroying red every turn because the enemy team will never get a turn.
    That doesn’t matter as much as you’d think if Shang-Chi is 3/5/5
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:

Not sure why the snarky "Um, ok" but the thread was about "Consensus on Abigal".  Since many people still use half-Thor I figured I would mention that Abigal's healing doesn't help (nor does Crystal's, but that's a different thread).

I wasn't trying to be rude. It just caught me off guard. You're obviously not going to use a healer with 1/2 Thor.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    Bad said:

That doesn’t matter as much as you’d think if Shang-Chi is 3/5/5
    I run my lvl 463 shang 5/5/3 and have no problems taking down lvl 550 colossus teams with him.  Once you get the combo points going colossus passive slows things down, but not enough to matter.  If you bring someone who can stun as well then stunning colossus makes it not matter at all.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put pulled and have AB and Crystal champed.  I think AB is better than Crystal. Her other 2 powers of purple and blue are better than Crystal’s red.  Crystal green is good and can be left on Red.  From the 3 I actually like Electra the best with her yellow.

I think Crystal will have some value for transition players helping them stay alive in challenge nodes, but for people in the 5* tier I personally like AB over Crystal and Electra over both
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crystal’s best power is her yellow passive and it works great on PVP defense, especially against Shang.  That’s her place.  But on offense, she does give you extra passive dmg and cascade insurance (meaning if the opponent AI gets a very lucky cascade you don’t automatically lose).  

If you don’t have IHulk, pair Crystal with Thor & Okoye and that’s a quick kill team because of her cheap green AOE.  Plus her red passive hits harder too.  
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    Abigail can be helpful with Hawkeye/coulson