Consensus on Abigail

Dougfresh413
Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
I only have one cover for Brand so haven't used her.  She appears to be somewhere between mid-tier and trash.  Is there any consensus on her?  Sitting on a hoard but think I'll keep hoarding until MK enters latest at least.  

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have her at 12 covers and will get the last one through shards.  She doesn't really do much.  Maybe a new character will come out that pairs really well with her or someone will discover a good team with her, but every time I have to use her because she is required she is mostly just dead weight.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    I personally think Brand is potentially more useful than MK as sad as it is to say. She does some things that come in handy, especially when boosted. I would put her somewhere near the lower mid tier.

MK seems awful to be honest.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've seen quite a number of Abigail teams in shield sim. Most of the time, she's paired with Wanda (and Colossus).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is the synergy there? Does forcing Wanda’s repeater to resolve do anything?
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    Wanda's repeater starts from 1 and goes down to zero every turn as long as it's not being matched. So Abigail will heal the team every turn. On top of that, Colossus+Wanda is a defensive team. So, that's the synergy.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wanda's repeater starts from 1 and goes down to zero every turn as long as it's not being matched. So Abigail will heal the team every turn. On top of that, Colossus+Wanda is a defensive team. So, that's the synergy.
    I think Crystal will replace Abigail on that defensive team.  

But as for Abby, she’s too slow to use offensively.  I think she’ll join the trash, but she looks cool though.  But hey, you could still make a fun team with her
  • HoundofShadow
    I love trash characters because it's more challenging to bring the the best out of them.  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I too enjoy trying to find ways of making them viable, but she is one I just haven't thought about too hard yet. i usually don't mess with them until I have them champed though, and i'm still a little behind on abby with a 4/3/3 build.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have her champed and even boosted she doesn't add much.  I don't see myself using her much unless required.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    She seems pretty bad in the current game. She is, however, the best 5* character at what she does. That is cold comfort now because what she does is basically worthless in today's meta,  but if it ever becomes an important part of the meta, she would become useful (cf bssm countering strikes.  Useless for 2* years after his release, but useful as soon as gritty became a thing). And there is always the remote possibility of a riri or im40 style rework that makes her super strong.

So certainly no short term pain from skipping her, with only a small risk of long term regret if she has a rennaissance.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’ve found her so useless at 322 covers I’m actually going to hoard for my first time ever until she leaves , that’s how bad I’ve found her . I can barely win the 5E she is featured in. 
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    I hear she’s a pain in SIM with Scarlet and Odin. She’s just so darn slow in pve…
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Abby is a huge defensive deterrent, especially with fellow countdown and repeater users, because of how long her passives take to proc. I love using her with Wanda and Odin. Ronan as well. Fwiw I feel she's better than Moon Knight, whose only use is his stun immunity.
  • HoundofShadow
    I understand why. It's because of all the banners, especially when Odin has his cds out and resolving.

A typical start of the turn where their passive repeaters and cds are out would look show 6 banners

Odin's Blessings x 3
    Mystical Feedback x 1
    Peak Performance x 1
    Brand's Loyalty x 1

If they start throwing out another 3 repeaters or cds, you are faced with as many as 9-10 banners that turn. It reminds me of commercial break.  :D

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well there’s a new type of defensive team, the banner flood team.  All battles guaranteed to take at least 3 minutes 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    that type of team existed before, it was largely made obsolete by the animation-turn off feature though. I really don't see how an Abigail team can last as an AI defense against a Shang-Chi team. I brute force Switch/Colossus on a regular basis with him in Simulator. But if it's working for people, that's good to know.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    As SC will tank everything, Abigail will destroy red every turn and on a regular board SC will possibly fail because of that.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    As SC will tank everything, Abigail will destroy red every turn and on a regular board SC will possibly fail because of that.

If you're playing shang chi right you won't have to worry about Abigail destroying red every turn because the enemy team will never get a turn.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like her heal, a lot, but at baby champ levels, you almost have to put her with Wanda. So, she's sort of just "another option" to add to the same thing everyone is using. Would you rather her healing points or use an Apocalypse who probably starts with 40k more health.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if one is playing 1/2Thor, you don't actually want any healing.  At all.