Marvel Puzzle Quest R250 Release Notes (4/11/22)

Options
2»

Comments

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Ptahhotep said:

Red Skull could have passive resurrection himself. Starting off as a straightforward villain then coming back, Phoenix-like, as the Soul Stone Guardian.
    I’m tired of these resurrection characters, but I think it’s cool when a character changes powers and has new artwork on screen.  Red Skull could have a power like this for trying to use the Space Stone: 

7 Blue: Send Red Skull airborne for 2 turns and covert 5 tiles to Red.  Replace this power with a new power.  

Alt. Power - 6 Red: Sacrifice an ally to down the target.  

I don’t personally care either way. If it makes sense for character to resurrect, why not?

My question is about being “tired” of resurrecting characters… How often are you running into them?

i rarely ever see them, and just kill then last when I do. 

You’re experience may be totally different though. 

Anyway, pretty sure this is Black Knight and the sacrificing red skull ressers won’t be an issue. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Ptahhotep said:

Red Skull could have passive resurrection himself. Starting off as a straightforward villain then coming back, Phoenix-like, as the Soul Stone Guardian.
    I’m tired of these resurrection characters, but I think it’s cool when a character changes powers and has new artwork on screen.  Red Skull could have a power like this for trying to use the Space Stone: 

7 Blue: Send Red Skull airborne for 2 turns and covert 5 tiles to Red.  Replace this power with a new power.  

Alt. Power - 6 Red: Sacrifice an ally to down the target.  

I don’t personally care either way. If it makes sense for character to resurrect, why not?

My question is about being “tired” of resurrecting characters… How often are you running into them?

i rarely ever see them, and just kill then last when I do. 

You’re experience may be totally different though. 

Anyway, pretty sure this is Black Knight and the sacrificing red skull ressers won’t be an issue. 
    I’m “tired” of the mechanic because it’s hard to actually use.  So I see it as a useless ability, at least on offense.  If one of your characters is routinely getting killed, then you’re doing something wrong.  On defense, it’s easy to get around.  

I’m guessing the devs intended these characters (including Ikaris & Sersi) to save you health packs.  Or they use this mechanic just for the sake of variety.  The only time this mechanic has ever made a difference in battle is when I faced a team with Vulture and Ihulk and got stuck in a loop.  I couldn’t stop Vulture from going airborne, so Hulk would never die.