Marvel Puzzle Quest R250 Release Notes (4/11/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone -

Here are the R250 Release Notes.

“Reforged Star…”

• The community has spoken! Collect a unique free 4 star starting 4/21!
  • Patrol the streets with Moon Knight in an exclusive MPQ story event!
  • Team up with Rocket and Groot in their own PVP Arena!
  • Battle through the PVP season of Power!

Additional Details:

• Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess the unique 4* is Black Knight? He' getting released either on April 21 or June 16, if "by H1" means by end of June.

Another new story event. Yeah!  :)
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    "The community has spoken!" could mean it's the winner of the poll.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unique 4* is probably going to be CHavez, since her gimmick is that she is the only one of her across the multiverse
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Community has spoken, Black Knight (his Ebony Blade was forged by Merlin out of a fallen meteorite, that's where "reforged star" makes sense).
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Free?!?!?  So are we going to get a full cover, or just some shards?
  • HoundofShadow
    Something strange happened. When I  run MPQ, the game popped up a message asking if I want to update the game and I clicked yes. So, it brought me to Google Store and I saw the update in another language. My system language is set to English and I didn't change anything. This looks like German to me.

"Stopp! Zeit für den Hammer!“
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    That's the "stop hammer time" update it looks like, by using a german-to-english translator
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    So black knight is gonna be limited? Or unique. 
    That explanation is as informative as many new characters powers wording, I love it.
    Now I understand why this game is named puzzle quest. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited April 2022
    Looks like my guess is correct. :D I'm not sure what other languages have double dot on 'u'. 

After I went into MPQ google store, it was back to English language again. 

Edit: it's back to German again.  :o
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks like my guess is correct. :D I'm not sure what other languages have double dot on 'u'. 

I think the store is Hounding you to learn German
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:

Maybe the Red Skull is coming !! 
  • bbigler
    bbigler said:

We totally need Red Skull in the game.  He should have a power where you can sacrifice an ally to down an enemy 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:

We totally need Red Skull in the game.  He should have a power where you can sacrifice an ally to down an enemy 
    We have more than a few rebirth capable allies now so that could be pretty broken
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Reforged Star"

Void?
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    The [ebony] blade was shown to have been carved from a meteor and enchanted by the wizard Merlin for Sir Percy of Scandia, the first Black Knight.

Straight from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight_(Marvel_Comics)

• Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler

I'd be glad if there was an option to select your preferred language. I'm playing MPQ for nearly six years now in german language. Some of the texts really seem to be translated by software only.   
    Especially when it comes to new power descriptions every single word is important. With a lazy translation important details could be changed by accident. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:

We have more than a few rebirth capable allies now so that could be pretty broken
    The power could negate a passive rebirth , we have many characters that don’t allow full healing , damage reduction and so on. I’d like Skully to have “If Hawkeye or Widow are sacrificed ally, gain a shard for a power stone “. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler said:
    bbigler said:

The power could negate a passive rebirth , we have many characters that don’t allow full healing , damage reduction and so on. I’d like Skully to have “If Hawkeye or Widow are sacrificed ally, gain a shard for a power stone “. 
    Don’t forget Gamora, she was unwillingly sacrificed.  I like the HISHE where Thanos sacrificed his chair to get the soul stone.  
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

Red Skull could have passive resurrection himself. Starting off as a straightforward villain then coming back, Phoenix-like, as the Soul Stone Guardian.
  • bbigler
    Ptahhotep said:

Red Skull could have passive resurrection himself. Starting off as a straightforward villain then coming back, Phoenix-like, as the Soul Stone Guardian.
    I’m tired of these resurrection characters, but I think it’s cool when a character changes powers and has new artwork on screen.  Red Skull could have a power like this for trying to use the Space Stone: 

7 Blue: Send Red Skull airborne for 2 turns and covert 5 tiles to Red.  Replace this power with a new power.  

Alt. Power - 6 Red: Sacrifice an ally to down the target.