NEO Vanguards

Options
khurram
khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
2nd rotation of Elite packs and vanguard packs in the vault since release of NEO and still no sign of NEO Vanguards pack. Instead we get MID ones twice in a row.

What exactly is the point of this delay? 

Comments

• BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. Since Oktagon almost never gives any information then they will probably just decide to release the vanguards any day and we will never know what happened. If they planned it that way or if they had some issues and had to delay it
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they decided to skip vanguards this set. I wouldn’t mind a vanguard break.
  • BongoTheGrey
    Options
    Kamigawa vanguards are already in the game's code, they were included in the 5.0.0 update. You can check them by clicking the show all cards button in the cards section. They just haven't release the packs in the vault to buy them. But there definitely are vanguards on this set
  • khurram
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    Maybe they decided to skip vanguards this set. I wouldn’t mind a vanguard break.
    We already got a vangaurd break with VOW. Again, would have been nice to hear from them about why they decided not to make vanguards for that set. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes I think they feel that releasing things at random times builds anticipation. In reality, it breeds apathy and disappointment. I WAS enthusiastic about purchasing them. Now, it's just "meh, I guess we'll get them whenever." 
  • khurram
    Options
    Its okay if they wanted to release them later as a way for players to have something to look forward to, but they should have mentioned the date in that case. Turn anticipation into disappointment enough times and you're training the players to just not anticipate anything at all.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't have a date to share with you yet, I apologize for that. But I appreciate the feedback, I'll make sure that next time we have any delays regarding the content it will be noted in the Release Notes.
    Rebeca
  • khurram
    Options
    Hey guys,

Unfortunately I don't have a date to share with you yet, I apologize for that. But I appreciate the feedback, I'll make sure that next time we have any delays regarding the content it will be noted in the Release Notes.
    Rebeca
    Even though you dont have a date, your reply is much appreciated. Thank you :smile:
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I got an update from the team, they informed me that the NEO Vanguard Boosters will be available tomorrow!
    Rebeca
  • BongoTheGrey
    Options
    Amazing! Thanks a lot for the update!
  • khurram
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I got an update from the team, they informed me that the NEO Vanguard Boosters will be available tomorrow!
    Rebeca
    Thank you very much. The NEO vanguards are currently in the vault and i was able to get the 2 that i wanted, yay🎉

Quick question though, the banner in the vault and the boosters of these feature alt art but the NEO vanguards are not among the alt art cards released in MTGPQ.... Are there any plans to release alt art NEO vanguards or is it only featured on the boosters for aesthetics?

• Asylamb
    Asylamb Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I did 4 pulls in Rare+ Booster Packs and all 4 of them were B.O.B. lol I thought they were supposed to multiply on the board, not in the pulls...
    EDIT: My 5th pull was also B.O.B.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've pulled two Tezzerets.... but what else did I expect really...
  • Hatrix
    Hatrix Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm on the same streak as Asylamb so far I pulled two B.O.B in a row. The rest of the NEO vanguards look awesome tho. I noticed on other sets I get multiples of the worst card from rare+ packs so I guess it's worth spending the 400 to guarantee non-duplicates.  
  • Asylamb
    Options
    I think I did 12-13 Rare+ Vanguard pulls (I wanted to pull Tezzeret as well), and in total I had 1 Rare Tamiyo, Tezzeret as my last pull, 2 MR Tamiyo and the rest were BOBs lol
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Asylamb said:
    I think I did 12-13 Rare+ Vanguard pulls (I wanted to pull Tezzeret as well), and in total I had 1 Rare Tamiyo, Tezzeret as my last pull, 2 MR Tamiyo and the rest were BOBs lol

Good lord
    This is why I rarely buy rare VGs. I chased Tef, because of his power level, but that's the exception and not the norm. Most of the rare VG pulls are just an invitation to feel bad about how you spent your currency.
  • Asylamb
    Options
    Honestly, it became almost a meditative practice. You spend your pinkies on a Rare+ Vanguard, get your 10th B.O.B. (I think my longest B.O.B. streak was 5 in a row), smile sadly and move on with a mindset "Oh well, better luck next time".
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Asylamb said:
    Honestly, it became almost a meditative practice. You spend your pinkies on a Rare+ Vanguard, get your 10th B.O.B. (I think my longest B.O.B. streak was 5 in a row), smile sadly and move on with a mindset "Oh well, better luck next time".
    I didn’t know you could buy inner peace with gems!
  • Hatrix
    Hatrix Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow I was shocked to pull a mythic Tamiyo, Compleated Sage from the rare+ pack for 200 crystals. I just prayed for anything besides another B.O.B. pull.
  • Tolkne
    Tolkne Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello. I don't know who to turn to for help.

So I recently played this Kamigawa vanguard to get Tamiyo (rare level, yellow symbol).
    But ... so I got so many Tezzeret cards - 5-6, and B.O.B - 2. And so many attempts I can’t get Tamiyo.
    How can you fix it? I would gladly trade the Tezzeret card for Tamiyo Field Research! And on the next attempt, for some reason, I most often get only B.O.B and Tezzeret!
    Or do something to block Tezzeret and B.O.B from dropping!