**** Gertrude Yorkes (Runaways) ****

Options
124»

Comments

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    She feeds Ultron.
    Oh, thank goodness (that she's a feeder, not that it's Ultron in particular.)
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love being able to place her traps, it's very refreshing. I really hate red and that you're basically at the mercy of another character making specials in order for it to actually do noticeable damage. Or having to cast her ability once to get out a few lousy special tiles that will be matched or destroyed before you get enough red attack power to use it again. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing vs C&D I noticed 2 things. First, she starts with 3 yellow 3 red 3 purple for some reason.
    Second if she has low health ( or if the character tanking is half health), any hit will trigger her passive. 
    That could be really interesting and a reason to use her a bit more.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Options
    The ap gains at start of game in 1v1 have occurred for past few character releases. So, it's a norm.

I think it's easy to abuse her power in ST. I would reckon it to be a half health Thor/DD scenario.

1) Find out the match damage for opponents.

2) Bring Abigail as your third and reduce both Hela and Abigail's hp to within the match damage range. So if enemy's match damage is 1000, bring their hp to 10,000 or lower before the battle.

3) Abigail will heal off those damage due to processing those cds.

4) This will ensure Gert's cd processes every turn.

It's just a theory but I shall put it to practice later.

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think she can work with Immortal Hulk as it is easy to get him to go to low enough health to trigger Gertrude's passive. Use it together with Karolina can help both Gertrude and Karolina heal back from damage from Immortal Hulk's self AOE damage. Karolina can even goes airborne to escape from the Immortal Hulk's self AOE damage.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went in with both 5* at 13k healthpoints. I took out the Doombot first, followed by Riri. Deny green and blue if necessary. It was a pretty easy win. Gert's cd triggers almost every turn.
  • Bad
    Options
    Actually it's a pretty easy WTS: gertrude deals 13k per cd. Just take a small cascade with low health and she will beat hard the foe like if it was a more violent version of Will Smith.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had to whale it because with Yellow as the strongest color, Valkrie is useless because there is no Yellow outlet. None of the rest of my L340 and below characters (includingmy 10 cover  L300 Hela) could help.

First time I've had to whale in a while but it's also the first character with a passive only on their strongest color in a while.

KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:
    I had to whale it because with Yellow as the strongest color, Valkrie is useless because there is no Yellow outlet. None of the rest of my L340 and below characters (includingmy 10 cover  L300 Hela) could help.

First time I've had to whale in a while but it's also the first character with a passive only on their strongest color in a while.

KGB
    With Shang Chi I never have to bother with whales anymore for Welcome to Shield. He even took a big hit from Star Lord's red and just shrugged it off like a Will Smith slap to the face.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    With Shang Chi I never have to bother with whales anymore for Welcome to Shield. He even took a big hit from Star Lord's red and just shrugged it off like a Will Smith slap to the face.
    I was just about to post this exact thing here.  I know it has nothing to do with Gertrude but it is nice not to need Whales anymore.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    KGB said:

KGB
    I was just about to post this exact thing here.  I know it has nothing to do with Gertrude but it is nice not to need Whales anymore.
    3*Deadpool: What? Are you saying you don’t need me anymore?  But, but I’m Deadpool…
    Me: Well, you had a good run, it’s time to close up shop and release your whales back into the wild.  
    Deadpool: But I have so many whales! Whales are coming out of my ears.  You gotta do something with all those points I’ve been giving you.
    Me: Look, there’s a new guy in town that hits harder than a cement truck with rocket boosters.  He’ll take care of it.  
    Deadpool: Oh, this isn’t over.  I’m putting rocket boosters on my taco truck now.  
  • Bad
    Options
    Deadpool: "You picky player! If you don't need my whales anymore it's because you've finally turned into a big one!"
    Actually I have all the 9s in whales. It's a relief not having to daily use him anymore. 
    I started with profesor 4, then Yellowjacket. 
    Usually a lot of WTS can be cleared with polaris. 
    For gertrude I played SC too, on the riri node gertrude destroyed them with her cds, and on the Thing node SC crushed them.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KGB said:

KGB
    I used Valkyrie in one of my WtS fights on stream, by equipping a support that made purple my strongest.  Supports are key for Valkyrie, IMO, since making any one color your "strongest" is now just a matter of putting the right support on.

Once again, I went through this WtS without using any whales, and only using 4* peeps.  I abused Gertrude's 1 turn CDs, and her trap stuff.  Her red is beefy in the 4th nodes of each day too.  While there are easier options to get thru stuff in my roster, I enjoy trying to get thru these without a 5* or whales, just to prove its still possible.  Keeps my memory up on who does what, too.  :)
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’ve been using Apocalypse successfully the past 6 WTS without problem barring an extremely bad board