Updated Forum is Live! Bug Squashing Thread (3/16/22)

2»

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Indeed, it's not working properly now. In the meantime, you can use the search bar at the top and it looks like it go some upgrade, such as being able to arrange search results from newest/oldest.

Anyway, here's the GR rebalance thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85895/ghost-rider-robbie-reyes-rebalance-details-10-26-21/p1
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Just wanted to pop in with an update that a few things have been addressed and we will be reviewing some of the other requests here with the team on Friday.  Thanks for your patience!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    @LakeStone

You guys going to acknowledge how this forum is almost unreadable dark mode on mobile ?

This is the only site I've ever had issues with dark mode. When I go to dark mode the grey background and white text for all the thread names makes it impossible to read. With dark mode on the text for threads changes from black like in normal mode to bleeding white text that can't be seen with the lite grey everywhere. If the text was a different color other than white when dark mode is on, it would be a big difference. As it is now at night I and assume others can't use dark mode. With all the lite grey bursting out in normal mode at night, it's like sitting in front of a 70 inch TV screen melting ones eyes.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t know what the issue is exactly, but I hate this update. I think everything just sort of blends together in a wall of text, and because of this I’m pretty much avoiding the forums altogether.
  • LakeStone
    tonypq said:
    @LakeStone

You guys going to acknowledge how this forum is almost unreadable dark mode on mobile ?

This is the only site I've ever had issues with dark mode. When I go to dark mode the grey background and white text for all the thread names makes it impossible to read. With dark mode on the text for threads changes from black like in normal mode to bleeding white text that can't be seen with the lite grey everywhere. If the text was a different color other than white when dark mode is on, it would be a big difference. As it is now at night I and assume others can't use dark mode. With all the lite grey bursting out in normal mode at night, it's like sitting in front of a 70 inch TV screen melting ones eyes.
    Yep, this is one that we have shared with them in regards to users that have dark mode set.  In addition to some of the color settings and improving the wall of text to be a little easier to differentiate everything.  May not be fixed by Friday but will have a better idea at that time.  Thanks!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    LakeStone said:
    tonypq said:
    @LakeStone

Yep, this is one that we have shared with them in regards to users that have dark mode set.  In addition to some of the color settings and improving the wall of text to be a little easier to differentiate everything.  May not be fixed by Friday but will have a better idea at that time.  Thanks!

That's good news, thanks for the update I appreciate it!
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    On mobile (not sure about pc) you can no longer see the date that a post was created from the page with the list of posts. It makes it difficult to identify how old a post is. 
  • LakeStone
    Just an update - I've shared feedback with team and I think we can make progress on many of these requests...just may take some time as we are at the mercy of someone being available to make the fixes.

One note that I want to bring up now about. is that the request to be able to read in dark mode does not work in the new format at this time.  They are aware of this being a high priority request among many people so I've escalated it via Support but I think this request will take longer than others.  

I'll keep everyone posted on future updates and appreciate everyone's patience!  Have a great weekend!
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    Line breaks occasionally appear when I post a comment. For example:

When I posted the text "Multiverse of Madness," it looked like

Multiverse oM
    adness

Editing the post to add an actual line break with the 'return' key somehow fixed it.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I don’t know what the issue is exactly, but I hate this update. I think everything just sort of blends together in a wall of text, and because of this I’m pretty much avoiding the forums altogether.
    This. I don’t post a lot, but frequented the forums prior to this update.  Now, I avoid casual browsing altogether. I have to be looking for something specifically to be here now and even then I think twice.

Horrible design.

-JaGo
  • LakeStone
    I know that some time has passed since my last update but a couple of fixes have been made.

This includes - 
    • Hamburger Menu Fixed
    • D3 Announcements now stand out
    • Darkened lines between discussions
    • Removal of Category Sidebar
    • Back to top button (this was fixed but not seeing in live so should be fixed by end of week).
    As I mentioned before Dark Mode is something we've requested but will take longer to address.  As soon as we have more info on a timeline I'll pass it along.

Thanks again everyone for your patience.  We will continue to review feedback and make note for future fixes.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Some of the older post in some threads such as single player alliance recruitment have been lost.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2022
    How do you create a new thread with the updated forum? (Side note, why did they waste time and resources on making this update at all? I see zero improvements personally. If anything it's a downgrade.)

EDIT: NVM, I figured it out-It's the big blue plus sign. Seriously though, not really seeing any upsides to this update. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    To be constructive, I think that there should be a date/time for post creation visible on mobile when browsing the different forum posts. 

Additionally, also on mobile, when on a discussion that spans many pages, there is no easy way to navigate back to page one. The change page options often only show the previous and next page. So if I'm on page 8, I need to click back through page 7, 6, 5 etc.. 
  • tterx
    tterx Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    There is a bug that I can't see full point in the Korean version.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    I appreciate the continued effort to work on the forum design, but I have to admit I've basically stopped regular use of the forums because of the redesign, and nothing short of a full reversion is going to make it worth coming back. None of the tweaks to make things better are remotely close to how good it was before. 
    Even though I've been an irregular forum visitor for some time, I gotta agree that this redesign hasn't really brought much improvement in my opinion (desktop experience), and certainly doesn't invite coming back more often.

Not that it's all bad (I like the font and the new editor is definitely better) but the overall picture is kind of 'meh'.