Marvel Puzzle Quest R248 Release Notes (3/14/22)

2»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome! New story event ghost hunters. And that solo event is another event?
    Finally I think I'm starting to smell new content...
  • Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Ghost Hunters starts on Wednesday, 3/16, so it is most likely the solo event. Regular Story events start/end on Thursday.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Meh. I don’t want these tiny content events, I would like them to spend some time on new actual 3 and 4 day pve events. Is it too much to ask for a new one every six months? That’s better time spent than another 4* that no one wants or adds anything new to the routine.

Or a new boss event. 

Hell right now I’d take CL11.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2022
    The preview is live now. 
    The rewards are some iso, an elite and a heroic token. 

And for full progression you get a token for a themed special vault. 

When we're lucky there will be some 5* Ghost Rider and Ghost Pool shards in it...and of course a lot of 2-stars that we need :D
  • Bad
    It seems another thematic gauntlet one node per day.
    Hope is the last thing to lose, as they say. Next time.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    Bad said:
    Meh. I don’t want these tiny content events, I would like them to spend some time on new actual 3 and 4 day pve events. Is it too much to ask for a new one every six months? That’s better time spent than another 4* that no one wants or adds anything new to the routine.

Or a new boss event. 

It's embarrassing how we get close to nothing new as far as traditional new events like you mentioned. Aside from new characters many of which aren't always that good, most of the new content feels like crumbs rather than a whole entree. Compared to other Marvel games or other mobile games in general, they're way behind where they should be for a game that's been out this many years. At times it feels like the D3 dev team is a couple guys living in their parents basement. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    Our dev team size is small. From their credit,

Art: 3
    Data Science: 2
    Design Lead: 1
    Design: 3
    Engineering Lead: 1
    Engineering: 3
    Game Director: 1
    Production: 2
    QA Manager: 1
    QA Lead: 1
    QA: 2
    UI Lead: 1
    Writing :2

Total: 23

Out of 23, I think only 5 (Design + Game Director) are more likely to deal with new events etc.

MCOC/Net Marble: 180 developers
    Marvel Future Fight/Net Marble: ??
    Marvel Strike Force/Scopely: ?? 

Net Marble has over 3000 employees while Scopely has over 1200 employees. As for Demiurge (MPQ), we have only 23. If we have the team size of Scopely, I believe the dev can do more than just release new characters.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    tonypq said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    Bad said:

Or a new boss event. 

It's embarrassing how we get close to nothing new as far as traditional new events like you mentioned. Aside from new characters many of which aren't always that good, most of the new content feels like crumbs rather than a whole entree. Compared to other Marvel games or other mobile games in general, they're way behind where they should be for a game that's been out this many years. At times it feels like the D3 dev team is a couple guys living in their parents basement. 
    Which is funny , because based on reading forum posts , A LOT of people playing other games , but not me , say the exact same thing about the player base here. ( I don’t even know how it’s possible I barely have time to play this game most days ).
  • Bad
    Under the name "demiurge studios development team alumni" there are 103 different members more.
    Who of them worked, continue working, or never worked, ít's something they only know.
  • HoundofShadow
    Alumni means former employees and it means those 103 members are not working in Demiurge anymore.

Demiurge is 20 years old and 103 alumni means employee turnover averages out to 5 a year, which doesn't seem like a lot.

And I want to correct something, if we had 180 developers working on MPQ, we would have more contents.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Alumni means former employees and it means those 103 members are not working in Demiurge anymore.

Demiurge is 20 years old and 103 alumni means employee turnover averages out to 5 a year, which doesn't seem like a lot.

And I want to correct something, if we had 180 developers working on MPQ, we would have more contents.
    Results, not excuses.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited March 2022
    Regardless of industries, the number of employees affect how much one can do.

Expecting a 20 staff odd team to compete with a 180 staff team is like expecting a 2-member alliance to secure T10 alliance placement in SCL 10. It's unrealistic.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2022
    personally I'd be surprised if all those 23 people are on this full time; I bet most of them are shared resources with other projects outside the design team.
  • Bad
    edited March 2022
    bowla33 said:
    Results, not excuses.
    The game has the team it can afford. 
    Others games making more money could have a bigger team.
    So where there is money, there are results.
    Another thing could be if all players are strongly supporting the game with money and the dev team is not hiring people or not using resources to make it better. 
    But after 8 years I wouldn't be surprised if they are just floating it.
    And also there is the theme that genuine customers have the genuine right to complain. If not, then people not bothering to support should'nt be bothering about if there is new content or not because in the end is a thing wich they don't care.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Bad said:
    bowla33 said:
    Results, not excuses.
    The game has the team it can afford. 
    Others games making more money could have a bigger team.
    So where there is money, there are results.
    Another thing could be if all players are strongly supporting the game with money and the dev team is not hiring people or not using resources to make it better. 
    But after 8 years I wouldn't be surprised if they are just floating it.
    And also there is the theme that genuine customers have the genuine right to complain. If not, then people not bothering to support should'nt be bothering about if there is new content or not because in the end is a thing wich they don't care.
    Where there are results - there is money. The game is very stale which is why people are asking for new content.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I think that some of the new character releases could be replaced by new event releases. One sub would replace one character. It could run as a one off event and when three or four have been run they could be put together as a new event.