Upcoming (light) Visual and Functional Changes Coming to D3 Forums (3/7/22)

2»

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2022
    The main page with all the threads is so light grey I can't even read anything. Not sure if I'm the only one or if having nightmode causes issues after the forum revamp.

Yeah with darkmode on using my Samsung phone, I couldn't see anything on this site. Everything was such a lite Grey,  you couldn't read any text. I turned darkmode off and I can read everything clearly. This is the only website I've had any issues when using darkmode. Hopefully there's a tweak you guys have yet to carry out. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry, but I like the old format 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    It loads better and I like the single view (mobile).

On mobile, the top right burger menu doesn't work.

also on mobile, the thread overview shows neither poster name, creator name, nor date of last post and creation. That's rather important to me on a thread overview.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    As of now, I don't see the date a thread was posted from the list of threads. Makes it impossible to tell which are new posts and which are old. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Let the complaints begin . ( The over/ under is 43,  the for/ against spread is +38.5)

If there is genuine feedback to provide then that is hardly a case of people whining. Does it look better? Is it still easy to use? Is functionality being lost? Surely the answer to those questions actually helps the Devs?
    I don’t argue semantics 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    As of now, I don't see the date a thread was posted from the list of threads. Makes it impossible to tell which are new posts and which are old. 
    There's one there for me when viewing from a PC browser so I can see the last post time for every topic when I am on the main page that shows all topics (ie general discussion, bug reports etc)

KGB
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Let the complaints begin . ( The over/ under is 43,  the for/ against spread is +38.5)

If there is genuine feedback to provide then that is hardly a case of people whining. Does it look better? Is it still easy to use? Is functionality being lost? Surely the answer to those questions actually helps the Devs?
    I don’t argue semantics 
    Just as well as there no semantics to argue in this case.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    To put it bluntly, the change sucks.

In every way 

Agree. Light grey lines to separate the topics doesn't mesh well with the background etc (pc user). 

It's turned me away from the forums. Can there be an option somewhere in account settings to use classic version? Like Reddit has for Old Reddit?
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Is dark .ode broken for any of you ?

When I have dark mode on, the text for threads goes from the normal black to white. The white text is unreadable with the bright lite gray coating the while page like paint. You can maybe press down on a thread topic like you want to copy it, just to highlight it and make it washer to read, which is obviously annoying. On my Samsung Note phone I can't read anything when dark mode is on. Never had issues before until they redesigned the forum.