Upcoming (light) Visual and Functional Changes Coming to D3 Forums (3/7/22)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited March 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi Everyone –

Just wanted to jump in real quick and give some advance notice that we are updating the D3 Forums on March 16th that will include some light visual and functional changes and updates. 

We do not expect any maintenance will be needed the day it goes live but will keep everyone posted closer to the date if there are any delays.

Thanks!

LakeStone

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like the gameboard update, the new forum will flash as you scroll and type :smile:

KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they’re bringing back the HTML marquee tags in preparation for April Fools?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    More smileys?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    And still can't see the total value of atk, strike and protect tiles on Steam version when functionality is already in Android version.

• LakeStone
    Just a note that this update is getting moved to the 16th.  Just updated the copy in the original post.  Thanks!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Gotta say, 👆🏼that's good sportsmanship, @IceIX.
    Indeed. Devs gained a level and earned the "autocritic badge". It's needed to read the forum :D.

I think it's positive that the forum will change(although light changes). To the future!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uhm...if this is the new forum look not sure I am a fan. Guess I may just need to get used to it but everything is a bit grey...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    ... and blimey those thread page numbers are tiny!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems Tweets.
  • LakeStone
    Just a note we have started the process of updating the forums and are still making a couple of more tweaks this afternoon.  After those tweaks are made, I'll start a thread to compile any feedback for any necessary fixes we need to make.  Thanks for your patience!
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    What happened to all the colors?  It's so.... bland 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Everyone's signatures are just as big as their post content, so it's not as visually easy to determine what someone is contributing to the thread vs their super cool sig now. +1 on the overall lack of color separation with the new look.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    All that stuff on the right side looks very weird (quick links, categories etc.), do we really need that except maybe on the main page of a forum? (its in every thread taking valuable screen space).
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Don't like the new look at all, but tbf I haven't liked anything they've done to the game visually so why should the forums be any different.

Like someone mentioned, it's very hard to differentiate between posts and signatures.  The border between posts and on the left is too small/nonexistent.  
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2022
    The new look has a LOT of wasted space when viewed on a computer browser (haven't tried it on phone/tablet yet).*
    Can't say I'm a fan of the new look.

*This is once you scroll past the right side menu system.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2022
    Mobile just doesn’t display the signature block at all, so in that sense it’s not as confusing. May as well just remove it altogether I guess. It’s pretty lateral on the phone from how it was in terms of general legibility, but the hollow design (which oddly kind of mirrors the UI changes to the game) is not my aesthetic of choice. The little New indicators aren’t as visually bold as the older solid blue ones were. However I would kind of class this as a “total visual overhaul” rather than “light visual changes” personally.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Let the complaints begin . ( The over/ under is 43,  the for/ against spread is +38.5)