Chimichanga Value Pack

liminal_lad
liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
Does anyone know how much the entire chained deal is? It's 9.99 for the 2 star support, some red ISO, and 5 basic support tokens. Does anyone know what the next two levels look like?

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see your thread when I made mine. Anyway, since you posted before me, I'll paste my reply here:

Chain One
    R2 Chimichanga Support
    1000 Red Iso-8
    2 Beginner Support Tokens
    Chain Two
    R3 Chimichanga Support
    ??? Red Iso-8
    2 Beginner Support Tokens (based on preview)
    Chain Three
    R4 Chimichanga Support
    ??? Red Iso-8
    1 Advanced Support Token (based on preview)
    The price for Chain One is about half the price of Logan's Loonies, which is about 1450 HP.
    I wonder what the cash difference among R2, R3 and R4 specific supports are. This could give us insights into how valuable they are. Unfortunately, we might never know the answer.
    Guesswork
    If I were to assign Chain Two to Asgard Treasure and Chain Three to Stark Salary, then the price for them would be ~$25/4250 HP and $50/10,000 HP respectively.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    The two star offer is so awful at £8.99 for a two star token that I can’t see why anyone would risk the chance to see how utterly awful the next tier is.

if you are gonna try and hook people at least make the first tier an absolute bargain. At this point who doesn’t have a 2 star chimi? That’s a waste of £8.99 to see the next offer!

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, they should be upfront with the costs because a 2* chimichanga isn’t going to make a difference.  A 4* one is significant, but what’s the total cost?  

I’m guessing it’s $10, $15, $30
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 586 Critical Contributor
    Tony_Foot said:
    The two star offer is so awful at £8.99 for a two star token that I can’t see why anyone would risk the chance to see how utterly awful the next tier is.

if you are gonna try and hook people at least make the first tier an absolute bargain. At this point who doesn’t have a 2 star chimi? That’s a waste of £8.99 to see the next offer!

I have zero chimichangas. Nevertheless, I will not be buying the offer for any amount of £, for at least the base reason that I only have $.
  • Cataliban
    Cataliban Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I think that the Support Offer should contain supports VERY difficult to achieve... And I'm thinking on The Stones....

• bbigler
    Cataliban said:
    I think that the Support Offer should contain supports VERY difficult to achieve... And I'm thinking on The Stones....

So you want all the infinity stones do you? 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Most of us I’m presuming have these supports already to some degree. I have 95% at tier 2 already. My chimi is already tier 3 so why would I spend what I presume is $60 to unlock 1 tier of a support?  Even our alliance whales fast passed this offer. I’d probably spend $30 for a tier 5 support but I doubt that bargain comes to pass
  • Cataliban
    Cataliban Posts: 50 Match Maker
    bbigler said:
    Cataliban said:

Of course, You not?

BTW, I'm happy with my 4* chimichanga earned with in game tokens.... :)
  • HoundofShadow
    This is meant for new players. A lot of players who have played since Support release would probably have most, if not many, supports at R2/R3. 

I equate R5 support to a champed 5*. And R4 support to a champed 4*. I believe R5 support would cost at least a stark salary. If only they still have 250cp and 4800 HP support bundle available. Back then, Advanced Supports gave a guaranteed R4 Support from Master Support Tokens, but due to excessive complains, they were discontinued. If such bundles were still around, I would have at least half of the supports at R4 now.  :/  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards

I equate R5 support to a champed 5*. And R4 support to a champed 4*. 
    I wish. 5* player with zero R5 supports. About 20 R4. F2P.

I wouldn’t buy any of them unless they put them in pvp for attack only. Then I’d probably care.
  • bbigler
    Cataliban said:
    bbigler said:
    Cataliban said:

Of course, You not?

BTW, I'm happy with my 4* chimichanga earned with in game tokens.... :)
    Do you intend to destroy half of us in PVE when you get them all?
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I struggle to find the correct words for these chain offers.

I'll go with dastardly and disgusting.

If it's a chained offer, show us the price upfront for the 2nd and third layers of it.

Gambling laws state you have to present us the odds on lootboxes. This should be no different D3. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2022
    They have already presented the odds. I'm not sure what other odds you are looking for. It gives a guaranteed R2/R3/R4 Chimichanga and the odds for Beginner/Advance tokens can be found under  Recruit --> Supports.

I find it weird that players who have no intention of buying this chained bundle have problem with chained offers.

If you are not going to buy Offer 1, it's not compulsory to know what's the cost for offer 2 and 3. It's not like you can skip offer 1 and offer 2 and then buy offer 3 directly. If you can do so and they hide the price, then it makes sense that what they are doing are underhanded. But that's not the case.

Anyway, let's see if the admin/mod manage to add some details for this chained offers. They did reveal the chained offers details previously. I think it's the one with HP and LTs chained offers.

Edit: I found the price for last year Chained Offers and here are the details:

Offer 1 - $14.99 - 1 LL, 4 Mighty, 5 Heroic

Offer 2 - $24.99 - 3 LL, 4 Mighty, 7 Heroic

Offer 3 - $34.99 - 6 LL, 7 Mighty, 8 Heroic

Total -  $74.97 - 10 LL, 15 Mighty, 20 Heroic.

Using the above as a rough guide, we are looking at around $75 for all three bundles, and this price range is similar to all other Whales Bundles.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:

I equate R5 support to a champed 5*. And R4 support to a champed 4*. 
    I wish. 5* player with zero R5 supports. About 20 R4. F2P.

I wouldn’t buy any of them unless they put them in pvp for attack only. Then I’d probably care.

I think 5* supports are closer in rarity to level 500+ 5* champs than baby champ 450s.  they just don't give out many support packs that even have a chance to drop 5* supports, even with puzzle quest in 2021 (prior to 2021, 5* supports were even rarer).
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    They have already presented the odds. I'm not sure what other odds you are looking for. It gives a guaranteed R2/R3/R4 Chimichanga and the odds for Beginner/Advance tokens can be found under  Recruit --> Supports.

I find it weird that players who have no intention of buying this chained bundle have problem with chained offers.

If you are not going to buy Offer 1, it's not compulsory to know what's the cost for offer 2 and 3. It's not like you can skip offer 1 and offer 2 and then buy offer 3 directly. If you can do so and they hide the price, then it makes sense that what they are doing are underhanded. But that's not the case.

Anyway, let's see if the admin/mod manage to add some details for this chained offers. They did reveal the chained offers details previously. I think it's the one with HP and LTs chained offers.

Edit: I found the price for last year Chained Offers and here are the details:

Offer 1 - $14.99 - 1 LL, 4 Mighty, 5 Heroic

Offer 2 - $24.99 - 3 LL, 4 Mighty, 7 Heroic

Offer 3 - $34.99 - 6 LL, 7 Mighty, 8 Heroic

Total -  $74.97 - 10 LL, 15 Mighty, 20 Heroic.

Using the above as a rough guide, we are looking at around $75 for all three bundles, and this price range is similar to all other Whales Bundles.

Hi Hound, @houndofshadow

Maybe I wasn't clear with my point, apologies. 

My point was that they should present all information to players prior to an in app purchase.

Obscuring the price of stage 2 and 3 is designed in a way to manipulate certain customers.  

I understand that they won't publish the price on forums because the game is out in a lot of regions and different currencies and Steam, Andoid and IOS all have slightly varying prices even in the same currency.

But they don't let you see the price until you are already invested. And we don't even know the exact contents of the 2nd and third step unless we count each and every picture behind the padlock graphic.

It's also worth noting that we shouldn't have to go digging through old forum posts to find the information. And offers and pricing structures can change at any moment. Especially if looking at outdated information. 
  • HoundofShadow
    This is not the first time they did such chained offer bundles. They started doing it in 2018, and not a lot of players buy such chained offer bundles because it ended up costing $75-$100 in total. Not a lot of players in the forum are willing to spend $30-$40 on bundles, based on what I've seen over the years.

Anyway, given that the first bundle costs $10, It's a guarantee that all three bundles will cost at least $30 and possibly $40.

As for manipulating customers, I can only say that most of us are adults and I believe that our demographic are between age 30-35 for majority of players. If working adults are going to get manipulated by this, I think it's a pretty cheap lesson for them.  :D  Anyway, I wouldn't call this manipulative
    If we were to step back and think about our first impression of this particular bundle, it's an instant-skip because $10 for a few thousands red iso-8 is a really bad deal. Just the first bundle alone is enough to tell us that it's bad use of money for seasoned players. For really new players, it might worth something. So far, no one in both MPQ forums has bought the bundle at all.

As for making a thread about this bundle offer, I can let you know that the responses to such threads are largely negative most of the time. In 2018-2019, threads about bundles and its contents were regularly created, and the dev/mod stopped creating them because most of the regular posters here aren't the target audiences. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    For anyone interested, I did not personally purchase but got this info from a reliable source:

(Prices are USD)

Bundle 1: $9.99
    1,000 RISO
    2* Chimichanga

Bundle 2: $14.99
    1,200 RISO
    3* Chimichanga

Bundle 3: $29.99
    2,000 RISO
    4* Chimichanga
    1 Advanced Support Token

For me this is an easy pass. If it was 5* Chimichanga and/or Master tokens (plural), I would reward d3 with my hard earned money. To me, this deal as presented is underwhelming and just seems like an attempt to capitalize on and monetize the popularity of Shang-Chi in PvE.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for the info.

The total cost is $55 for 4,200 Riso, 4 Beginner Support Tokens, 1 Advance Support Tokens, additional Risos from R2 and R3 Chimichanga dupe and a R4 Chimichanga.

It looks like R5 Chimichanga chained offers would cost between $100-$120, if it existed.

• bbigler
    Imagine using a 5* chimichanga on Shang to get extra Red & Purple combined with 4* Starlord’s yellow passive that reduces Red & Purple costs by 2.