2»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Gamoras is way easier to trigger.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    I think the way she’s designed the devs aimed to have the black secondary attack trigger about as often as G4mor4’s instakill passive.
    Well, if they did, I think they missed the mark, as it's much harder to activate than the 4* version. It requires letting the enemy take a turn, for starters... :) 

Also, why not give the same effect then - an instant kill? In practice, it has a low chance of happening, but if it does happen, a high chance of being an instant (over) kill, anyway.

To me, it's a pretty good example of a power that sounds really cool (big nuke! if you meet these conditions), but ends up only working too late, and not to full effect, when you're already winning the fight big time... 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:
    I think the way she’s designed the devs aimed to have the black secondary attack trigger about as often as G4mor4’s instakill passive.
    Well, if they did, I think they missed the mark, as it's much harder to activate than the 5* version. It requires letting the enemy take a turn, for starters... :) 

Also, why not give the same effect then - an instant kill? In practise, it has a low chance of happening, but if it does happen, a high chance of being an instant (over) kill, anyway.

To me, it's a pretty good example of a power that sounds really cool (big nuke! if you meet these conditions), but ends up only working too late, and not to full effect, when you're already winning the fight big time... 

Yes, and the things you have to do to proc the nuke make the nuke itself less valuable (Ie you have to continually attack the target to keep the CD up above 10, meaning the nuke is way more likely to be be overkill, and you gave to let the target cast a power, which means you generally don't want to target the most dangerous enemy.  It's close to good ability, but falls just short on quality of life, so it's best just to use it as a cheap, direct damage ability.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her black deals 11, 633 + 30, 523 bonus damage for 6 black aps, which totals up to 42, 156 damage. So, it won't be an overkill in SCL 10 or against boosted 5* in pvpe. But, she won't survive very long. The best use of her black is against goons in scl 10.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her black deals 11, 633 + 30, 523 bonus damage for 6 black aps, which totals up to 42, 156 damage. So, it won't be an overkill in SCL 10 or against boosted 5* in pvpe. But, she won't survive very long. The best use of her black is against goons in scl 10.

Except that you must damage the target for several rounds to get the CD high enough to proc.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her timer starts at 4. You just need cascades and attack tiles. That gives you at least +2 counts per turn. 4 turn after you fired her black, it will trigger against goons. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Sure, goons are where I mostly managed to get it to work, a few times it did work. 

Another kinda weird thing about her black is, it might be a power to use against a defensive choking team, such as BRB Kitty, especially if it was a true instakill. Except - there's also her yellow that deals with mega boosted protect tile spam in a simpler way. 
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I wouldn’t mind if it just took the CD reaching 10, cascades could do that, it’s that the enemy firing a power makes it really hard when her yellow repeaters keep stunning them.

Her powers work at cross purposes to trigger her secondary black attack.