AM I CRAZY? 5* GAMORA BROKEN?

9RMetal
9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
So... anyone is having trouble getting the black power 10 countdown to trigger? it gets till 15 sometimes depending on the damage i'm doing and nothing happens?
what the hell!!!

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve seen it work before, the enemy has to fire a power. Did that happen? 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    If you read the power's description, it'll solve your problem.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to the cheap but irrelevant gamora's black power. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it it's irrelevant. It's chea, does direct damage and and and has no downside, even if getting the cd to proc is rarely worth the effort. so it's a fine black outlet if you don't have a better one.
    I would like to see that cd do way more damage for the effort it takes.  Boosted this past week she was doing closer to 75k at 5 cocers and that felt like a worthwhile reward.
    But overall, she is definitely x/x/5 and pick her red or black based on the rest of your team.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually the best use for this power is downing a foe with the active part, and then the cd remains for the next foe.
    Then you have a brand new health pool for to hit and hit and hit and wait and wait, until you finish him with another power because you are finally tired of it.
    Actually is a good power for defense, meaning an annoying power for defense. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her red is better than black because it's an AoE and her additional damage is easier to trigger. You would love her in wave nodes in non-scl 10 pves. I use her black when I have the aps or if I don't have anyone else who has black active power.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've used her a few times and I'm still not 100% sure about her red since the numbers that flash on the screen seem to make things process different than what the power says.  The on screen makes it look like it hits the front enemy first and then aoe.  That being said can anybody chime in on the below?  Thanks.

1) does the aoe process first.
    2) in a standard 3 enemy match, let's say the aoe downs an enemy, does that count as a downed enemy for the conditional extra red hit?
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've knocked a few characters out with it, but it is annoying to use.
    It gets matched out pretty easily, and you have to let it sit around for at least a few turns. THEN wait for the target to fire a power...which honestly you really don't want to happen.
    Fire it only if you don't have anything else to use, and don't chase black with her.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her AoE triggers first. And no to the second question.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx said:
    I don't think it it's irrelevant. It's chea, does direct damage and and and has no downside, even if getting the cd to proc is rarely worth the effort. so it's a fine black outlet if you don't have a better one.
    I would like to see that cd do way more damage for the effort it takes.  Boosted this past week she was doing closer to 75k at 5 cocers and that felt like a worthwhile reward.
    But overall, she is definitely x/x/5 and pick her red or black based on the rest of your team.
    It's all true. What's also true is, the second conditional damage part of the power is asking you to keep hitting the target, which increases the chance of it ending up as an overkill, should you finally succeed in triggering it. :) 

I'd like fewer conditions on it. Perhaps the CD could've done damage when the targeted enemy fires a power no matter its count, but the higher the count the bigger the damage. That way it might have been an even better deterrent on defense. 
  • teky
    teky Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    she’s been helping me advance in all my events being my only 5* atm with 1/2/1 and when she’s boosted with the 50% max color boosts omg she de_stroys. I would like to know if what’s a good comp for her, 3* Iron Fist seems to help her out creating black tiles from his purple matches, just got 5* Elektra yellow cover yesterday and she seems like a good teammate, that yellow ability is nasty ! personally i think she can do game changing moments, especially red cover and firing it when there is only 1 enemy left to go… 
  • Vhailorx
    I've used her a few times and I'm still not 100% sure about her red since the numbers that flash on the screen seem to make things process different than what the power says.  The on screen makes it look like it hits the front enemy first and then aoe.  That being said can anybody chime in on the below?  Thanks.

1) does the aoe process first.
    2) in a standard 3 enemy match, let's say the aoe downs an enemy, does that count as a downed enemy for the conditional extra red hit?

Pretty sure it hits as a single target attack first, then procs the conditional additional hits as "random single target" so not quite aoe, more like brb green.
    You cannot proc her conditional damage by during someone with with the first damage tick.
  • Vhailorx
    edited February 2022
    Kolence said:
    Vhailorx said:
    It's all true. What's also true is, the second conditional damage part of the power is asking you to keep hitting the target, which increases the chance of it ending up as an overkill, should you finally succeed in triggering it. :) 

I'd like fewer conditions on it. Perhaps the CD could've done damage when the targeted enemy fires a power no matter its count, but the higher the count the bigger the damage. That way it might have been an even better deterrent on defense. 

Yeah, there is definitely tension between needing to target the enemy and getting the cd to proc without much overkill. This power would be so much better if it just counted up any time you did damage to any enemy.
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    bbigler said:
    I’ve seen it work before, the enemy has to fire a power. Did that happen? 
    Yup, even with that, that's why I'm trippin'.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the targeted enemy firing a power? 
    I had it go off many times last week during PvP.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I haven’t got it to fire yet. It’s only reached 10 a couple of times and the target has always been downed before the count gets up or immediately afterwards.
    Nevertheless, I think it would be most effective against a target such as Black Bolt who fires a power every turn.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Passives are not "fired". 
    Only active abilities are "fired".

That part of her black ability simply is not effective. Practically ever. Once in a blue moon, the AI might luck into a cascade and have one of your characters denied from using their powers for a while. 
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    If I could make changes to her black it will be turned into a stacking debuff, causing them to do less and less damage. This would fit the description of ´wearing them down to the point of exhaustion´ better.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    If I could make changes to her black it will be turned into a stacking debuff, causing them to do less and less damage. This would fit the description of ´wearing them down to the point of exhaustion´ better.
    That’s a brilliant idea!
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I think the way she’s designed the devs aimed to have the black secondary attack trigger about as often as G4mor4’s instakill passive.