Punch Line Legendary Store is here!

LazyHex
LazyHex Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
I guess most will be pulling for Shang Chi 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a lot are drained after pulling for Good Fortune store.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    if only Window were someone better, I'd have pulled. Elektra's not worth spending on.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    38 pulls 3 Electra (1:1:1), 3 BW champlvl, 2 SC champlvl. less CP used than normal to get 3 covers for the new one so a big plus for the next one.

But yeah some love for other charaters is welcome still have alot of the older 5* who need covers
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 586 Critical Contributor
    I made a joke a week ago that I'd crack open my 40 cp hoard for this store. Since I'd like to add more covers to my 1/1/0 Shang-Chi, I have been saving my cp and had 317 at the start. Of the 12 pulls, #3 was Shang-Chi purple and #12 was Shang-Chi red.

Here's hoping for more (and only) Shang-Chi over the next four days!
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    On the fence if I'm pulling. I passed on the Good Fortune store since I had them chsmped although some extra levels would have been nice. My Shang-Chi is champed but I'd like to get him a bit more champ levels to boost his health a smidgen.

My latest hoard just got to around 205 pulls between LL and CPs, but most of it is CPs about 4200. I'm scurred I'll have terrible RNG if I pull and then get carried away. I wish we knew who the next 5 would be after Elektra, make it a bit easier to decide to pull some or keep my  hoard going. BW and Elektra I have little desire for which makes it harder to pull the trigger at all.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    39 pulls, one BW, one SC, zero Elektra. Ugh.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    I made a joke a week ago that I'd crack open my 40 cp hoard for this store. Since I'd like to add more covers to my 1/1/0 Shang-Chi, I have been saving my cp and had 317 at the start. Of the 12 pulls, #3 was Shang-Chi purple and #12 was Shang-Chi red.

Here's hoping for more (and only) Shang-Chi over the next four days!
    I decided to crack open my 109CP hoard on this. Got two Shang-Chis. Can't complain about that. :D Who says one needs to wait for a large hoard to avoid disappointment? 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Three pulls , 1 BW , bittersweet it was the cover I needed least. 
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    My luck with the special stores is abysmal, so I won't be pulling.

I've learned, from my own personal experience (yours may vary), that I should not pull at all with less than 300 possible pulls in one go, and to never use CP on a special store... It will just feel like a waste.

Any less than that and I'm seettng myself up for failure and disappointment. 

299 pulls and under and I just don't bother...
    And CP must be kept for LLs. 
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    First time that I'll skip one of these as I already have an Elektra cover and SC and BW are both champed (455 and 450 respectively).
    Time to rebuild the hoard instead!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    If you don’t have Shang but at least 267 pulls, then I would go for it.  You’ll get 800 5* shards.  Many people have champed 5*s with less than 300 pulls.  
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    25 Pulls, 1 BW, 1 SC, 1 Elektra.  

I'm disappointed i didn't get more Widow.  She's at 9 covers now, which means another 71 4*s BW Infinity War covers to go....
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Was really looking forward to this store, as I like Elektra and my Shang Chi was 1/1/1.

91 pulls gave me 15 five stars, so that's a slightly better than average return.  The distribution, on the other hand, was less than stellar:

Eight champ levels for Black Widow bringing her to 464.  She is now my second highest leveled 5-star.
    Six Shang Chi covers, bringing him up to 4/2/3
    Pull #91 finally got me a purple Elektra cover, so she is now 0/0/1.

Odds of waiting until pull 91 to get the cover I wanted, assuming all three 5-stars are equally likely?  (20/21)^91, or 1.18%
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    13 pulls. 

1 SC (already champed)
    1 Elektra (red cover. My first)
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I emptied what was left of my hoard to make 120 pulls with the goal of "Shang-Chi or bust", and the result was basically "bust".  One cover for SC.

Went in with ShangChi at R1/P4/B2, BlackWidow at P1/R0/K0 and Elektra at nothing.
    Of the 15 five-stars I pulled (12.5% rate), they were distributed as:
    Elektra R2/Y2/P6, BlkWidow P1/R1/K2, ShangChi R0/P1/B0

Not directly related, but affecting the number of pulls I could make for ShangChi...
    I had made 60 pulls from the "Good Fortune" Lunar New Year store before this storefront was announced, and went 10 of 60 there, but didn't get the covers I really wanted then either.  I also made 40 pulls from Latest Legends on Feb 7 a few hours before this store was announced and went 5 of 40 there.
    Grand total for February is 30 of 220, a 13.6% rate and above my lifetime rate of around 12% from legendaries.

My hoard is now exhausted. I don't expect to pull more legendaries of any type for at least the next three months, when they announce the third five-star after Elektra.
    It will take at least six months for me to build up 5000 command points assuming some are spent during that time on Latest draws after running out of tokens.  And assuming I don't come to my senses and find a better use for my time than MPQ.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022

Odds of waiting until pull 91 to get the cover I wanted, assuming all three 5-stars are equally likely?  (20/21)^91, or 1.18%
    Not sure what formula you are attempting to use there but it doesn't make any sense.
    The chance of a 5 star per token is 15%. So each 5 star has a 5% chance per token. So the odds you went exactly 91 pulls is .95^90=.0098 that you went 90 draws without one Elektra. Then the final draw is 5% (since you got a hit on the final draw). So multiply .0098*.05 to get .00049.
    KGB

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    49 packs opened 2 x b.widow, 3 x Shang chi zero elektra 

1 more Shang chi needed to champ him
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I passed on good fortune as I didn't think I could make a dent on the ~20 okoye covers I need to make a real difference in her tanking ability for my roster. And my SC is just 2/4/1. So pulling this seems like a decent idea
    5/30 so far (16.67%)
    1 BW champ level
    SC now 2/5/2
    Elektra 0/1/1.
    Fairly happy with those results. Have to ponder whether I should go any further.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Not sure what formula you are attempting to use there but it doesn't make any sense.
    The chance of a 5 star per token is 15%. So each 5 star has a 5% chance per token. So the odds you went exactly 91 pulls is .95^90=.0098 that you went 90 draws without one Elektra. Then the final draw is 5% (since you got a hit on the final draw). So multiply .0098*.05 to get .00049.
    KGB

You're right, it should have been (20/21)^90 for going 0-for-90 in Elektra covers.  The odds are much better for that - 1.24%  I was just really ticked off, and added an extra pull in the mix.  If you include the 1-in-21 chance of getting Elektra on that final pull and only that final pull (rather than going a generic 1-for-91), then the chances are roughly 0.05898529950913788873285768360932%

The odds listed are about 1-in-7 for getting any one of the three stars.  If the odds of getting each five star are 1-in-3 when you get a five star, that means that you're getting a 1-in-21 chance per token of receiving Elektra...and a 20-in-21 chance that you're not.  (20/21)^90=0.01238691289691895663390011355796...  or about 1.24%

If you're using the odds as 15%, rather than 1-in-7 (14.285714 repeating percent) then your equation is correct and the chances are 0.95^90=0.00988836470965899085580780549055, or 0.99% of going 0-for-90 in Elektra covers.