Week 40: Iceman, Kingpin, Loki, Prof X

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
Let's be honest: is anyone going to be using Fatpin? Unless he's your only 5* champ or one of a handful. He might be a good meatshield for ShangThor though.

Loki's Purple hits very hard, and it's an uncommon colour, so he might see some use.

But let's face it: every other player is going to be using Iceman/Prof.

Also, they'll only be available for one PVE, since we're having X-Men vs Apocalypse. They'll be boosted for at least 3 PVPs, 2 of which are 3* Luke Cage and Ironheart.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fatpin is good with Polaris/BRB for the puzzle node where you need to match enemy protect tiles to deal damage.

i have only two champed. Climbing with Iceman/Prof X looks tedious though, if you are focusing on matching blue cd. Prof X's purple would be a killer though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022

Loki's Purple hits very hard, and it's an uncommon colour, so he might see some use.
    Except in this boost list (as with previous ones) the best active amongst all powers is Prof Purple, which sort of nullifies Loki’s best ability sadly. I think he’d see more use if he wasn’t boosted near all these other great (Prof), good (Daredevil), decent (Onslaught/Star-Lord) purple abilities. If he was in a different place in the rotation entirely on a week that lacked good purple he’d be way better. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2022
    I think it's great that both Ic5man and Pr$fX are boosted at the same time. We can see if the bug is fixed involving multi hit attacks and their damage reducing powers stacking.  (see bug report forum for my topic about it).
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/84707/bug-when-attacking-ic5man-and-pr5fx-teams#latest

Last I remember Loki's green dealt respectable damage when boosted also.  

I will try and figure out a team for Loki and another for spiderversekingpin
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I’ve got none of them over 3 covers , hard times ahead 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Hard times indeed - Profe$$or X can be a cascade murder machine when boosted. Iceman doesn't benefit as much from boosting though. Loki is interesting, maybe now that Abigail is available, her repeater shortening ways can help the destroyer armor actually do something? 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be fun to climb with Shang/Prof. Set prof purple to 3 for the increased defense on black (save packs) and use Shang purple/red to set off Prof’s match-4 goodness. Especially on Riri’s PVP where you can use her blue as a battery. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    PX will be the absolute star. Ice5 boosted can do decent damage with his repeaters. 
    And using kingping could be a funny reminder of my good bad old times, but thanks but no, thanks. 
    Ice5 outclassed his repeater and his black defensive power which only helps him.
    So until another time, kingping. Perhaps if he is boosted along wasp, hulk, and rescue.
  • Bad
    PX will be the absolute star. Ice5 boosted can do decent damage with his repeaters. 
    And using kingping could be a funny reminder of my good bad old times, but thanks but no, thanks. 
    Ice5 outclassed his repeater and his black defensive power which only helps him.
    So until another time, kingping. Perhaps if he is boosted along wasp, hulk, and rescue.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof X and Iceman for me. Prof X especially is incredibly good fun when boosted.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    i may start with Fi5k/Carbage for a few rounds just to give him some use, but I expect it'll be Ice/X for most of us.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I have Prof X and Iceman but I just champed Loki so I'll probably play around with him a bit. Too bad his best power, Purple, is outclassed by the Professor.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Fi5k/Carbage is working pretty well in the early cage PVP. I’m looking for something fun to do with Loki still before I switch over to X/Ice
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Loki needs black tiles and pink ap. Maybe Domino would help him.

Mine keeps getting the board full of dagger tiles and I can't match them or don't have enough pink ap to fire off the 2nd part before the dagger countdowns expire. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I find that this boost week is slightly difficult for me, and Prof X and Iceman being pretty slow didn't help a lot. My Prof X isn't champed yet, so that might be the problem.

Playing against Prof X/Onslaught wiped my team, even though Onslaught wasn't boosted. The amount of cascades and match-5 were crazy. I love Riri's green power because it helps to immobilise Prof X and return my ap cost to normal. 

Shang Chi was really fun with Riri as well. Totally love her blue power.
  • Bad
    edited February 2022
    Finally I ran PX and SW because Iceman is slow. SW enhances PX's shenanigans and his active purple and offers a good defensive deterrent. 
    Actually SW is better multiplier partner than apocalypse for many of the latest 5*s who are usually destroying the board(as PX does), or they have their best power competing for yellow. 
  • DAZ0273
    This week was not as fun as predicted because it turns out that at least half the 5* tier have god boosted champed Prof X and Iceman and were not afraid to use them whereas I ony have god boosted Prof. I got to fight some Fatpin's though!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Profe$$or X is probably disproportionately highly champed in the game because as I recall he holds the record for staying in latest legends for several weeks longer than any other character, and since Iceman (and Storm) were there too, I'd expect this to be a well represented week.
  • HoundofShadow
    I remember there was a pretty long drought of 5* worth pulling for. Okoye was released in May 2018, Kitty Sep 2018 and Prof X Aug 2019. This was the period where pvps was all about Thorokoye until Bishop release in November 2018. Even though Kitty was teamed with R4G, Okoye could simply heal up all the damage done to her. So, it was a 15 months drought for those who skipped Kitty. 

I remember trying to pull for Prof X but got bad luck covering him, and Prof X was the one who kicked off: 1) 4/5/4/5 release, 2) 5* essential before being rotated into cp store and 3) first 5* HP store. Prof X($) caused quite a storm in the forum back then.  :D
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2022
    I had the opposite experience, that was shortly after I'd committed to Latest Legends chasing Kingpin (lol) and before I was good about halting my pulls after covering someone, and that crop of 3 LLs were when I decided it was possible to pull as I go in the original Grand Experiment thread. Profe$$or X is my highest leveled 5* at 469 because of it. Storm and Iceman are both 459. All have picked up a couple incidental levels from classic or champ rewards since then, but generally speaking I did well on that batch.
  • DAZ0273
    I did OK too. Prof X is champed, Iceman is at 2/5/5 and I am currently working on that final cover to champ him and Storm has 10 covers I think a 5/3/2 off top of my head.