Shang-Chi store coming

2»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rod5 said:
    I really like SC, but I just don’t see the benefit off having him much higher - not for me personally anyway.

He’s a hard pass in PvP as the AI can’t play him and in PvE unless there’s CL11 coming imminently with insane health pools I don’t see how a 500+ is that much better than a 450ish. 

I think the value is that almost by definition his kit will make him tank all 7 tile types very quickly in every match. and even though he has true heal, he is also among the squishiest of the modern 5*s. So more levels means more health and more margin for error as you build up for winfinite. That said, I think it's clear that SC doesn't benefit from levels the way other tankers like okoye do; he will have no trouble tanking anyone (unless maybe you have a level 530 thor and a level 300 SC, I haven't done that math), and his damage output is so wildly high at even 450 that he doesn't need any help there either.
    So in practice I don't think it's a worthwhile goal to chase champ levels for him if the opportunity cost is high (and IMO several k of CP on a store with 2 mediocre characters is a pretty high opportunity cost).
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having him MUCH higher changes the way you play him and makes him a viable option vs the other fastest characters. 

Once he's at a high enough level you can basically just match red/purple every turn and smash faces, without having to combo off at all unless you feel like it.  That playstyle really doesn't kick in until you can get him extremely high level though. 

If you're trying to allocate resources optimally, putting more levels on power booster characters will always be optimal because it effectively levels up your entire roster at once.