Shang-Chi store coming

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
What do you all plan to do when the upcoming store with Shang-Chi arrives ?

I've been hoarding while the latest legend store has been meh. Last time I unloaded was when Shang-Chi was still in LLs and I wish I had pulled more then to get additional champ levels. 

My current hoard I'm building is mostly made up of CPs. Which I'd really need when/if the LL store contains a couple good 5s again. On the other hand it could be quite some time before another Shang-Chi store comes around. As much as I'd like to boost my Shang-Chi with some champ levels, I don't have a lot of interest in the other 5s paired with him.

I know RNG is a gamble and it would really sting to spend a lot of CPs and get mostly Elektra or BW covers heh. I'm on the fence, how much I need champ levels on Shang-Chi vs spending most my CPs and be broke when LLs has something good again. My Shang-Chi is level 456 and I haven't had any issues in SCL 10 PVE or PVP. He's a little confusing how many champ levels to pad him with. 

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    IMO it's worth spending heavily on this store to cover and champ SC for those who are 5* players and have a few k CP to burn. It's much less clear to me that it's worth spending lots of cp on extra champ levels for those who already have SC at or near their base roster level (i.e., some just play at baby champ levels, while others are level 500+ players).
    SC is also a fantastic first 5*, so any 4* players with lots of CP could do way worse than spending it all on this store, even if they don't want and won't ever use the other two 5*s (and two be fair, I think elektra and BW are low-to-decent tier 5*s. they aren't trash, to the extent we can know about elektra)
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Given how he punches up pretty far, the extra levels matter most in a PVP setting when you are going against higher level opponents.  I generally feel the same about him as you do.  While more levels are always better, getting a few from the store wont put me anywhere near the whales.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need one blue or purple cover so I am pulling. Will pull other tokens to maximise CP gain before store goes live.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shang-Chi is sufficiently champed for me, but I might pull once or twice if I feel that lottery itch.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll be pulling but only until I get an Elektra cover.
    My problem is my SC is 3/5/3 and I want 5 in Red and the odds are against getting 2 in a row.
    KGB
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m guessing a lot of people already blew their CP hoard on the last store. 

More importantly, we need to do something about the “BW” acronym used around here.  Is it Black Widow or Big Wheel?  Can we just call him Wheel? 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:

More importantly, we need to do something about the “BW” acronym used around here.  Is it Black Widow or Big Wheel?  Can we just call him Wheel? 
    Even using the term "Black Widow" can be ambiguous, since we have both Natasha and Yelena (although I'm quite sure people will still use "Black Widow" to refer to Natasha, and "Yelena" for, well, Yelena). And yes I usually just refer to Big Wheel as "Wheel".
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:

BW isn’t an acronym 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:

BW isn’t an acronym 

MBW, BWIW and BWGS certainly are.  

--

My Shangchi is one of my higher levelled 5s at level 459ish. Not interested in more covers for him from the special store. More hoping to champ Latests as they leave
  • Vhailorx
    bbigler said:

Wheeljack?  (any G1 transformers fans out there?)
  • DAZ0273
    Vhailorx said:
    bbigler said:

Me! I know the comic book and cartoon lore differ but that dude built the Dinobots in the cartoon! What a legend!
  • Vhailorx
    edited February 2022
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    bbigler said:

Me! I know the comic book and cartoon lore differ but that dude built the Dinobots in the cartoon! What a legend!

and like all legends he died ignominiously offscreen only for his mutilated corpse to be casually tossed aside as set dressing during a conversation between new action fi. . .characters.
    Gotta love transformers the movie!

[Edit: Spoiler Alert!]
  • DAZ0273
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    bbigler said:

and like all legends he died ignominiously offscreen only for his mutilated corpse to be casually tossed aside as set dressing during a conversation between new action fi. . .characters.

*sob* *sob* Even after 36 years the memory is still raw. Also RIP Prowl - my first ever Transformer when I was a kid.
  • MegaBee
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    bbigler said:

*sob* *sob* Even after 36 years the memory is still raw. Also RIP Prowl - my first ever Transformer when I was a kid.
    Prowl died dirty, too. That movie traumatized a generation.
  • MegaBee
    edited February 2022
    Srheer0 said:
    bbigler said:

BW isn’t an acronym 

MBW, BWIW and BWGS certainly are.  
    Not that it's relevant to the conversation, but TheEyeDoctorsWife is right. It's not an acronym unless it's pronounced, e.g. laser and NASA.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,787 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don’t think it matters to have the extra levels on him to punch up. Sure I’d love a 550 Shang but I will open tokens for him when he’s in with an apoc and brb for example. Ones I need or want levels on. I’m not interested in his partners enough to chase.

I only really use him on very tough nodes in CL10 and rarely have I needed more levels. I’m not failing with him, it would just be faster. 
  • Vhailorx
    edited February 2022
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    bbigler said:

Prowl died dirty, too. That movie traumatized a generation.

For some reason the story team at hasbro thought it would be cool to sell a new line of toys by remorselessly slaughtering children's old favorite on screen. (and as a nice little kicker, it was only the autobots. almost no decipticons die in the whole movie, except for Mr. Scream. The rest just get upgrades.). *Redacted* really fueled so much 'pure genius' in the 80s.
    The equivalent for MPQ would be demi outright removing characters like thor, okoye, or kitty from the game whenever new releases like SC came out. Just poof, one morning update they are all gone from your roster with just a smoldering pile of ashes where they used to be.  Have fun kids; be sure to buy some HP packs on your way out!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I really like SC, but I just don’t see the benefit off having him much higher - not for me personally anyway.

He’s a hard pass in PvP as the AI can’t play him and in PvE unless there’s CL11 coming imminently with insane health pools I don’t see how a 500+ is that much better than a 450ish. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pair him with Onslaught and Prof X and it's pretty much AI proof. Higher level will help if you aiming for SCL 10 PvE T10.