Character Rebalance - **** War Machine (James Rhodes) ****

1235»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was late and I lost a good chance to get the horse and the lance. Next time.
    GRRR's hellsride was a counter for Ihulk? Seriously? To collect 9 green, fire hellsride, and wait to the repeaters to destroy green... GRRR was already dead on the 4th turn. A counter to thor? Thor needed a counter? Sinergy with sightclops? Is so good cyclops? Come on...
    WM losing sinergy with carol... I'm sure carol will find new partners. There is hydra stomper saying hi. If it was the less used power, people weren't using him with carol that much.
    Seeing usage data? No, thanks, I'd rather like more the forum contest, there was a time that I won.
    I think WM rebalance is ok being a 4* character, this is something that is worth to remember. I think he will punch harder, even more his red and those good attack tiles. 

2 months passed since Phoenix rebalance. I would like those rebalances to be more regular, not tied with thematic days, and for more characters, specially for those really olds 5*s than behave like a buffed 4*. For all 5*s to al least could seem even.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    My point about ghost rider countering iHulk was that had they just reduced that cost by a point or two and left it in place with his new health pool, he could have done that. He was dropping 3x green specific repeaters that would nibble green every turn and accrue it. Since that power was doing 300% match damage on that, it benefitted from Sighclops' yellow, and you could use the AP to feed Sighclops red or green, and his hidden black if things went south. Anyway, now you can't, but my real point was that changing his fundamental design flavor makes him less interesting and his internal self synergy is now gone. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since that power was doing 300% match damage on that, it benefitted from Sighclops' yellow, and you could use the AP to feed Sighclops red or green, and his hidden black if things went south. Anyway, now you can't, but my real point was that changing his fundamental design flavor makes him less interesting and his internal self synergy is now gone. 
    Then now you've exposed the reason why they changed that power. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt it was the reason, I only state that it was a consequence of the change that you can’t do that anymore. It was his most interesting power, and now it’s his dump-stat.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 693 Critical Contributor
    I like all of the changes. Before War Machine had the niche of being decent against invisible and protect characters. Otherwise he wasn't one of the best damage dealers, and his use as a support character was poor, with red rarely making enough attack tiles to be worth using.

Red deals actual damage now. The attack tiles are still weak. Oh well. Probably still his worst power.
    Blue is mostly the same. Good. It was his best power.
    Green gets tiles destroyed much faster, speeding up his game greatly. If you cast red and green on the same turn, you can be guaranteed to get a bunch of attack tiles out. It was so disappointing before to get the countdowns stuck in the middle of special tiles, or removed by the other team before they could go off. It also destroys enemy tiles now.