Week 39. Gamora, Phoenix, Ronan, Storm

Bad
Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
4*s: Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), Luke Cage (Power Man), Misty Knight, Thor (Goddess of Thunder), War Machine.

I will run gamora and SW as I skipped Ronan that will be my best option. Gamora is quite good boosted.
The 5*s on this week are quite interesting and never were together before. 

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ronan goes well with Gamora because she can prevent Ronan's match damage from being reduced. I'm going to enjoy Ronan a lot.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ronan will be popular for sure. I’m missing Phoenix but have the others; should be a fun week.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will have to partly rely on Phoenix and Storm who don't really have any synergy but hey ho. Otherwise dig into my regular bag of flavours.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Only real synergy is using Storm for precision match 5 creation I guess. Probably better off running Shang-Chi with either one of those
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    St5rm, pr5fx and other will be a team I use.

Ronan is the strongest thing on that list, though I have champed gam5ra and haven't actually used her yet. 

If Ronan is a countdown (can't remember countdown or repeater), then Kitty may be effective against him. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    He has a persistent CD, but unless she is also boosted he'll be able to sort her out pretty quickly most likely as her health is not that high, and he can almost 1-shot a baby champ with his CD when boosted assuming she is the target.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got G5mora to 13 covers and throwing ISO into her now. Should have her champed for the next PvP to get a good look.
    Maybe I’ll toss her in with 5witch or col5 and see how they work.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phoenix and Storm have a lot of synergy!  Phoenix wants to make match-5s and Storm is all about adding and removing colors.  I might run that team over Ronan this week.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was worried about Kitty's Circuit Breaker when Ronan was boosted previously. But, it wasn't any concern. 569 Ronan's health will reach about 193k. Kitty needs to use Circuit Breaker on him about 10 times to down him. Paired with G5mora, they can ignore Kitty's protect tiles. Kitty will down quickly. By then, Kitty would be dead. Maybe, pairing her with Abigail Brand might give you some survivability 
  • DAZ0273
    Phoenix and Storm have a lot of synergy!  Phoenix wants to make match-5s and Storm is all about adding and removing colors.  I might run that team over Ronan this week.

I always forget about Storm's green and yellow powers as I use her so little.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I always forget about Storm's green and yellow powers as I use her so little.
    I always use her in Puzzle Gauntlet so I remember.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I love that Puzzle Gauntlet exists so there is a place to let her shine. She gives a lot of really cool precision board control that isn’t always appreciated by other modes of play.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Going to be a rough week for me. None champed but I have Gamora 15 shards short of 13 covers but not enough iso...

Ronan is the only 5 since Magneto that I didn't get fully covered. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Storm AND Phoenix? 

LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Just champed Gamora and Ronan is 11.95 covers so I’ll try these two . I hope they are synergistic I have liked them boosted separately in PvE
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love that Puzzle Gauntlet exists so there is a place to let her shine. She gives a lot of really cool precision board control that isn’t always appreciated by other modes of play.

Before SC came along I think she was the best board control character in the 5* tier. But yeah, the growth of every stronger passive metas has left board control as mostly unimportant (remember when the ultron boss event was released and board control characters like GSBW became really important for a while?).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    My PVE pick-3 team has been Flaptain/Ronan/Storm so far. Storm kind of doesn’t do much in practice but I wanted to be able to add blue to the board and blow up repeaters if I were so inclined. But it turns out just chasing blue and passively accelerating that CD is plenty.
  • DAZ0273
    Phoenix saved my butt with her green I have to say in the last fight I had. I don't have any great options this week but she is really now a solid boosted character. Storm died, that was her contribution. I guess maybe if she was champed she might do better.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    DAZ0273 said:
    Phoenix saved my butt with her green I have to say in the last fight I had. I don't have any great options this week but she is really now a solid boosted character. Storm died, that was her contribution. I guess maybe if she was champed she might do better.

I think storm is only useful at all with max or near-max covers, because her powers all rely on tilespawning (or tile destruction) and really need max covers to spawn as many tiles as possible (I suppose you could play her for the black, but I think there are better, spammable aoes out there).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    She's a great black battery even if you aren't going to use hers for it's active component. I keep mine at 3/5/5