Updated Customer Service Rules for Good Fortune Vault

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I think the point is that they are opening up this opportunity to other non/light spenders, and the top spenders aren't happy about this.

I don't think this will end yet. 
    My only problem is they didn't announce a change to a long held no swap policy except for latest token 550s.

It meant if you duped the extra covers you got or sold them - you were cheated out of things others were getting. 

I don't care if you've just hoarded forever and never spent a dime. Maybe some spenders are mad but that's not my issue.
  • DAZ0273
    bowla33 said:
    I think the point is that they are opening up this opportunity to other non/light spenders, and the top spenders aren't happy about this.

My only problem is they didn't announce a change to a long held no swap policy except for latest token 550s.

It meant if you duped the extra covers you got or sold them - you were cheated out of things others were getting. 

I don't care if you've just hoarded forever and never spent a dime. Maybe some spenders are mad but that's not my issue.

Whelp, here is D3 Go's T&C's
    Whole lot of "We don't have to tell you squat" in there.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are they going to announce something which affects <1% of the playerbase? And besides, this reads like the first non-LT cp store where they allow swap.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's finally a store for all players usually complaining about new 5*s could burn their hoard, and be bored up there.
    The only one effect I see is to break MMR and a majority of players couldn't hitting them, although it's needed to have more 550 characters.
    SC can destroy any 550 character any day of the week, as long as it's a pvp vs the AI.
    So perhaps I will be there on another 8 years, if I'm getting bored of champ 'em all. 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

The thing is, I’m not sure if this is even a policy per se. It feels like something they don’t comment on publicly or post in game because they don’t want to be “locked in” to it being an actual policy and people getting upset if they don’t get their swaps.

It was pretty much regarded as policy but it's also entirely possible that the people that requested it in stores and not LL (where there was a precedent) were just kind of rude or got a support member having a bad day or probably a dozen other possible scenarios...  well over half of the stuff we complain about boils down to an issue with consistency or communication, imo.
  • HoundofShadow
    Who regarded it as a policy? 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    bowla33 said:

If I wake up tomorrow and all of a sudden there’s an unannounced change that roster slots past 300 are 1000 HP instead of 2000, I’m not going to be mad at the 161,000 HPs I lost out on or cry because newer players are getting a benefit I didn’t. I’d just enjoy the policy change from here forward. But that’s just me.

The thing is, I’m not sure if this is even a policy per se. It feels like something they don’t comment on publicly or post in game because they don’t want to be “locked in” to it being an actual policy and people getting upset if they don’t get their swaps.
    You've identified and characterized the current situation exactly. 

If they made the roster slot change you describe (I'd have the same reaction you would), the blowback they'd get from certain groups would be absolutely *nuclear*, and it'd come from the same place that makes a few players upset about this change.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    Who regarded it as a policy? 

550 players; seen more than a few sit out of this or that store because they already had one of the characters at max.
  • HoundofShadow
    550 players regarded this as a policy. That's the important part. If the dev regards this as a standard policy, then it's another story.

The store is still opened for another 2 days 10 hours. They can pull if they want to take advantage of this swap. It's not like the store is closed, and based on the topic, this is the first non-LT store which they allow swapping. And whether it's a one-off thing is still unknown. 

As far as communication about this is concerned, I'm not sure how they can do it without confusing 99.99% of the playerbase. 

• DAZ0273
    As I also already pointed out the Devs are not locked into any "policy" anyway, especially one they never even announced. Their T&C's say they can change services provided, without notice, anytime they like (unless they have a legal obligation) and the very second you play their game you just accepted it - even if you didn't know it had happened!
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald said:
    bbigler said:
    Eventually everyone will have a set of 550’s, just like everyone has 5* champs now. Then they’ll have to introduce 6* characters

I seriously doubt that.  I play at a pretty high level, wring every CP and pull out of progression and do okay on placement and right now I just got my Apocalypse over 500.  My highest level character, Okoye, is at 504.  If I blow the rest of my hoard on this (I might,I might not, I haven't decided,) I'll probably get one of those two, maybe both, to 510 at absolute best.
    I really don't think most people will get anything to 550.  Heck, I think the vast majority of players will be stalled around 470 or so.

That’s me! I’m a staller, not a baller.
  • Wcheet
    Wcheet Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Im sorry, im new, how do you swap covers if you need to? whats the process you have to follow to achieve the swaps?
  • HoundofShadow
    For this particular Good Fortune store, you need to have at least one level 550 Okoye, BRB or Apocalypse, and you need to have extra cover of whoever has hit 550. Email CS and let them know which other 5* cover you want to swap for.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wcheet said:
    Im sorry, im new, how do you swap covers if you need to? whats the process you have to follow to achieve the swaps?
    just send a ticket into CS.  They will be more than happy to address the situation.  hehe

• DAZ0273

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
    How long does it take for a response? On Wednesday, I asked to swap extra covers from my maxed Okoye for apoc and am still waiting on a reply…
  • DAZ0273
    whoami said:
    How long does it take for a response? On Wednesday, I asked to swap extra covers from my maxed Okoye for apoc and am still waiting on a reply…
    How long does it take for a response to an unofficial policy not publicised and at the complete discretion of the Devs who have no obligation to swap anything for anything?  I'm pretty sure it is waaaaaaaaaay up there on their must do list. Pretty high. Definitely above check the fridge for anything mouldy.