Updated Customer Service Rules for Good Fortune Vault

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

It has been some time since I have posted on the forums, but I am back with some news on a major shift for what customer service is doing with limited vaults. 

For the Good Fortune vault, CS is now doing swaps.  What does that mean?  It means that if you have a 550 Apocalypse, 540 Okoye and 530 Beta Ray Bill, you can swap a Apoc cover you pull from the vault to Okoye or Beta Ray Bill.  This was NEVER allowed before for years, and it was asked about many times before.  The only current swap policy is if you have the Latest Legends at 550, you can swap cover then.  So this is a massive change in policy. 

Personally, I am 100% against this and do not think it should happen. Many people have spent a ton of money on the game to get 550's in the LL, but now they are opening this up to this current special vault and who knows how much more.  I want to make sure this message gets out to as many players as possible to make sure everybody is aware. 

So if you have a 550 OK and want more covers on your lower level Apoc or BRB, pull and let CS know you want swaps.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for helping the customer base know what we can do in the game @The rockett , I appreciate this developer / publisher openness and honesty.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Makes me wonder other unannounced policy changes have happened or are going to happen.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is good.  It would be better if it was announced publicly, but it affects a very small number of players.  Hopefully it will apply to every special store in the future.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eventually everyone will have a set of 550’s, just like everyone has 5* champs now. Then they’ll have to introduce 6* characters
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    So then, would this apply to new character 5* stores as well?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Eventually everyone will have a set of 550’s, just like everyone has 5* champs now. Then they’ll have to introduce 6* characters
    Possibly.
    The other thing they could do is increase the champion level cap from +100 to say +150 and add in more champ rewards. Doing this in the 4* realm as well as the 5* realm would allow for 4* to matter longer (max level of 420 closer to the 450 floor level of 5*) and allow for more feeder potential on older 4* (ie in the new 50 levels they could have a 5* feeder since they would not have to hand out retro rewards).
    KGB
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:

I seriously doubt that.  I play at a pretty high level, wring every CP and pull out of progression and do okay on placement and right now I just got my Apocalypse over 500.  My highest level character, Okoye, is at 504.  If I blow the rest of my hoard on this (I might,I might not, I haven't decided,) I'll probably get one of those two, maybe both, to 510 at absolute best.
    I really don't think most people will get anything to 550.  Heck, I think the vast majority of players will be stalled around 470 or so.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    How does this impact the future of the game?

In the past, only 550 in LT can be swapped when you have them "in excess".

Now, 550 in Good Fortune store can be swapped.

Future or unknown:
    1) New 5* release special store
    2) Special 5* store (think Summer Store, Anniversary store)

It seems like they are making it easier for other 550 rosters to get more 550 characters. So, the 550 mmr will be more competitive. 

This is something interesting to think about. We'll have a new 5* release store on Feb 17. Maybe this thread might be revived soon.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no problem with this.
    It will never affect me, but I don’t see what the big deal is with allowing more players to compete at higher levels.

I agree you should not have to contact customer service and it needs to be a baked in feature.  But, that would require coding and development time for a thing a tiny fraction of a small percent of users would ever use.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I'm probably 4 years away from getting a maxmax 5star xD  

Thank you for raising awareness, one of my alliance members has a maxed okoye and as a joke I said if they sold it then no okoye pulls would go to waste (they didn't sell). 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the point is that they are opening up this opportunity to other non/light spenders, and the top spenders aren't happy about this.

I don't think this will end yet. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m not a fan of people who pull the ladder up behind them. People who oppose this trading in service hurt competition at higher levels only to benefit themselves.

I want the broader community to enjoy the game at all levels so it continues to thrive. After certain periods of time, progression should be expediated like in all other live games over time. These three characters are years old by now and should be more easily obtainable.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the point is that they are opening up this opportunity to other non/light spenders, and the top spenders aren't happy about this.

There will be threads! There might be offers of sandwiches!

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only I had 45k cp right now I would exploit the tinykitty out of this. I’m only 43k short, so only $30k at my nearest buy club. 
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    How do we know this is an actual change? Is there documentation of being told no before?
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards

This is actually a conflict between two different groups of non/light spenders with slightly different strategies.  The few high spenders that are left already have everyone they want maxed out.