Week 38 Electro, Killmonger, Magneto (Age of Apocalypse), Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

HoundofShadow
HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
The first pvp to kick off this boost week is Okoye. Thankfully, Electro is boosted.  

Electro and Magneto works well against iHulkoye because they help each other. Maybe we'll see Electro/Okoye/iHulk as well.

For 4*, Blade (Modern), Miles Morales (Spider-Man), Mysterio, Prowler, Riri Williams

Mysterio could work with Okoye because he feeds yellow and Okoye can buff his trap tiles. On top of that, he has a two turn random stun.

Anyone who relies on SC to climb is probably going to be in trouble. 

I have only two of them champed, so I've to rely on some of my non-champed 5*.

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Electro - 1/1/2
    Killmonger - 3/2/1
    Magneto - 3/5/3  (When did that happen?!?  I would have guessed six or seven covers tops.)
    OML - LVL 458

Can we go back to Okoye, Apocalypse, Kitty, and Dr Strange being boosted?  Pretty please???
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Electro - 1/1/2
    Killmonger - 3/2/1
    Magneto - 3/5/3  (When did that happen?!?  I would have guessed six or seven covers tops.)
    OML - LVL 458

Can we go back to Okoye, Apocalypse, Kitty, and Dr Strange being boosted?  Pretty please???

:)  That would be good.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killmonger's boosted? Time for a bloodbath.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Electro boosted. Especially with a good complimentary villain!  Sad she doesn’t still have Ronan to pair with, but at least she still has Michael B Jordan!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Electro/Killmonger seems to me like they will be the most used pair.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first pvp to kick off this boost week is Okoye. Thankfully, Electro is boosted.  

Electro and Magneto works well against iHulkoye because they help each other. Maybe we'll see Electro/Okoye/iHulk as well.
    Or Electro, Okoye and Switch to really shut down iHulk. Anytime that you get hit by an aoe you're gonna get 5 yellow ap from Electro. 
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I'll have Electro and Mags, we'll see how they work together. Last time Electro was boosted, I had pretty good results using her with Switch. Use Switch purple to make black, then one-shot the opponents boosted 5s with Electro's black.
  • HoundofShadow
    I don't have Killmonger champed but he definitely helps Electro's passive and deter hit from SC.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I have both Electro and Mag champed, I have never used the latter nor seen an opponent use him . Does he have any use at all? Advice welcome.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really tried to make Magneto work, but he is slow and unhelpful. His best partner is probably BRB, and you probably don’t want to prioritize his blue since it is worse at 5 covers than 4 for inexplicable reasons. You’ll want to do what you can to get his red out quickly. His yellow is hard to explain but easy enough to understand after you try it a couple times. It’s primary utility was clogging up green tiles to prevent Thor breaking them and hulk using them for Green Door, but if you can spam it enough you’ll be able to boost up friendly specials pretty well. There is a world where he plays well with base state OML I imagine, but he won’t play as well as even an unboosted Kitty I’d guess.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I guess there is also a world where boosted Mysterio can create enough yellow that magneto’s airborne is a match ending nuke, but Mysterio converts blue to yellow so you’ll need a good blue battery to feed your yellow battery. But ideally mysterio can get invisible and hide while magneto is up on Asteroid M checking his emails or whatever he is doing for 4x turns.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess there is also a world where boosted Mysterio can create enough yellow that magneto’s airborne is a match ending nuke, but Mysterio converts blue to yellow so you’ll need a good blue battery to feed your yellow battery. But ideally mysterio can get invisible and hide while magneto is up on Asteroid M checking his emails or whatever he is doing for 4x turns.

I reckon he goes down the pub for a few swift pints and that is why instead of just landing again he smashes into people for no reason - It is why he is converting tiles to yellow and why he causes more damage the more yellow he has in him - the drunk stumblebum.
    "I manplinatin your iron *hic*, manplinatin right in yo face! Heh. Mag-neatno not feelin' so good..."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    If only he kept converting green to yellow every turn...he was definitely an archangel/lumbercap level attempt at countering the iHulk meta. Pre-nerf Danver5 would have been an okay partner, though better in pick-3 with Polaris.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time KM was buffed there was a chavez pvp. What a crazy nonsensical bloodbath!
    It was so fun but health packs were scalating.
    Now KM will be the best SC counter. 
    I will run KM and electro. 
    And there is magneto too. His only purpose was to save health packs, before colossus era.
    He could make a slow but specialized team with kitty and ultron.
    I would use him only if I hadn't any other option. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    How do most run their Killmonger? 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    I run him 553. His purple is lackluster at best.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Glockoma said:
    How do most run their Killmonger? 

For this event I run him with 3 in purple.  

For the mirror match, 5 purple isn't as strong an option.   @Glockoma

--

Looking forward to boosted killmonger and m5gs.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Thank you.

Not gonna lie, Been enjoying an the old school feel of Phoenix and Boosted OML. They are now just about on the same level now lol… hope he gets right in the future. He still has one of my favorite kits and *was* just a well designed character (First iteration that is).
  • HoundofShadow
    This week pvp is pretty rough. RNG decided to gift me with match-5 against Killmonger even though I didn't consciously make a match-5. My Electro got wiped a few times by RNG.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really couldn’t put together a reliable climb team in Misty’s PVP either; I just lost interest at 1k points and walked from it.