Is this the end of Polaris?

13»

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Anything can trivially beat Polaris, 
    Anything? Emma Frost? Northstar? Talos? Sentry? Vision? ,,,
    Sure, why not?  She has about 6 health, I bet a team of half-covered 2* could take her down before she does anything.
    Try it some time and let us know how you get on. She may seem fragile to someone with a 550 roster or even someone with a well-rounded 4* roster, but I remember what it was like when she first came out and I was only just starting to champ 4*s.
    Sorry, I thought the point of this thread was that Polaris is horrible on defense, super easy to beat, and therefore is not a problem.  Are you saying that's not true?

It's possible that we have meandered away from the original point of the thread somewhat. Personally I just found your comment that "anything can trivially beat Polaris" to be ridiculous. She can be very powerful on defence if the attacker doesn't take the right characters. As I understand it, 3* players quickly realise this when they come up against her and so make sure to favourite her and roster her themselves. In other words, I certainly don't see her losing her dominance in the 3*->4* transition any time soon, due to her utility on both attack and defence.
    Interesting!  Whenever anyone complains about Polaris, the response is always that she's fine because she's a total pushover on defense.  The next time someone makes that argument, I'll remind them that she's actually incredibly powerful on defense.
    The two arguments aren't on equal footing. The argument that she's weak on defense comes from 5* players who squash her in two-ish rounds. @fractalvisions was specifically talking about players in the 3* to 4* transition that either underestimated her or just became acquainted with her.

I'm a 4* player and was gone from the game when Polaris was released. When I came back and played against her, I immediately shargeted and rostered her because she partners with my 1/3/2 BRB perfecyly to punch up for pvp wins and full SCL10 progression. As a heavy Polaris user, I mostly fear strong 5*s, unstunnable foes, Morbius, and Mantis. I'll take on Blob, Sabretooth, and Medusa teams depending on the conditions/teammates. 

Edit: I'm also finding Doc Ock to be an issue, but I like how well Doc Ock plays with her.
    Let sleeping dogs lie . I love Doc Block. Used him in any goon heavy PvE and it’s a walk in the park. Two yellow or blue matches and no special tiles for the rest of battle.