Royal Talon Support Lottery - $30?

Options
sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
We've reached the point in the game where Supports are now being sold.

For $30, you get two shots at a 4-star (1:8) or 5-star (1:40) Royal Talon Support for Okoye, as well as an Advanced Support token and 5000 Red ISO.

If you have a decently leveled Okoye, it's a wonderful token.  If it was an HP or CP bundle, I might even try for it.  But $30?  No thanks.  What does everyone else here think?

Royal Talon Support Lottery - $30? 48 votes

Yes! It's worth it to have Okoye plow through the enemies that much faster in PvE.
6%
entrailbucketrevskip658_2 3 votes
No! F2P or Bust!
33%
Punter1illusionist_KAMoosePrimeTony_FootBlackBoltRocksJackDeath666ammenellJaGoWilgerstef_focusSrheer0skittledaddyMrPlowHellblazer666TheRiddlerTheEyeDoctorsWife 16 votes
For CP or HP, I'd think about it.
37%
Thanosbuddy2034abmorazJangoLoresambrookjmKGBAlfje17bk201Bubba3210mdreyer93bowla33Ptahhotepikulhelix72Ares76First311jp1Timemachinego 18 votes
Lower Price (include below)
22%
tonypqWarbringasupergarvCharlieCrokerTarjanVKbbiglerHeartbreaksoupJimboJamboGodzillafan67Beefhammer69SuperCarrot 11 votes

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I already have a Rank 3 and I got 2 more duplicate Rank 3's when the RTF was the featured support in the Puzzle Gauntlet.
    So it's a hard pass unless it was for HP in which case I'd take 2 more cracks at a rank 4/5.
    Is there really anyone at all right now with a champed Okoye who doesn't have a rank 3 RTF due to the recent run in Puzzle Gauntlet? It seems like a waste of a bundle because it was featured there only a few months ago.
    KGB
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone who played in the first Puzzle Gauntlet (February 2021) has the RTF at 3-star or higher. I already have it, and the chances of getting one at 4-star or 5-star aren't worth dropping $30.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would consider trading my champed 5* of my choice for R5 support of my choice instead.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes! It's worth it to have Okoye plow through the enemies that much faster in PvE.
    I didn't buy it (I have an R5 one that I already don't ever use) but I have zero problem with them selling it.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's an odd choice to test $$ for support.  As mentioned above, most people have one on Okoye already.  Also, IMHO, the additional benefits to a 4*/5* RTF aren't that great to gamble on.  The 3* is good enough.  Not sure exactly what the thought process was here.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No! F2P or Bust!
    Gambling, those horrid loot box type gambling methods. This isn’t selling it, it’s loot box. I’d be happier with them selling it.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a chance in hell. On a past season I saved up all of my support tokens and waited for the RTF to be in tokens. I think I had like 15-20 support tokens saved up and I ended up pulling six RTFs. All of them were dupes. I was so pissed. Supports are an afterthought for me until they add a shard system to them.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have a 3* RTF and I would love to upgrade to a 5* but the cost is too high for these low odds. I would have a go if it was half this price. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Here’s the probability:

1 Support Token:
    3* = 85.0%
    4* = 12.5%
    5* = 2.5%

2 Support Tokens:
    3* = 72.3%
    4* = 22.8%
    5* = 4.9%

Those are bad odds for $30. I would pay $3 instead. What if they included more tokens? 
    5 Tokens: 
    3* = 44.4%
    4* = 43.7%
    5* = 11.9%
    10 Tokens: 
    3* = 19.7%
    4* = 57.9%
    5* = 22.4%
    20 Tokens: 
    3* = 3.9%
    4* = 56.4%
    5* = 39.7%
    I would pay $30 for 20 tokens if it’s a support I want. I think the devs are thinking that getting a 5* support is like fully covering a 5*. But supports only work in PVE and are only good on certain characters. So, it’s not the same. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 506 Critical Contributor
    Options
    $0. I’m not F2P, but I’m not fond of paying for the blessings or damnations of RNGeezus.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mine is already at level 4. I would rather see an offer for cash that had a cover at a certain level alongside one or more tokens with a chance of getting the support at a higher level.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I've got 20k HP and 4 million purple iso I'm not using.  I'd burn some of that for a shot at upgrading my rank 3.  If I was stuck at a rank 2, I would consider spending $30 on the chance of upgrading, but $30's too much to spend on such a poor chance to get a 4 or 5.  From rank 3, I'd maybe spend $10.

The best way to fix supports is put some more darn tokens in the game (how about as a VIP reward?!), and add rank 2 and 4 powers to all those lazy supports that don't have any.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hard pass. Need CP or HP of some value added for a purchase.

There wasn’t an option for both. I probably would have dropped $10 on the bundle just for the fun of opening the tokens, if it had been offered as is at that price.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The odds are weird. I remember the odds for R5 via specific token gotten from Puzzle Gauntlet is 1:8 for R5 instead of 1:40. 

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw it in the store and wanted to make a thread, but decided against it.

This asking price is way way way too much for potentially nothing. I would guess a lot of people already have the 3* variant.
    So basically $30 for like 7k red iso and an advanced support pack pull. I really hope nobody paid for this.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The odds are weird. I remember the odds for R5 via specific token gotten from Puzzle Gauntlet is 1:8 for R5 instead of 1:40. 

I actually have my RTF token still saved from Puzzle Gauntlet because I had a R5 already and don’t need more riso. It shows 1:40 for a 5 and 1:8 for a 4. Unless they retroactively nerfed the odds of those tokens. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I guess I must have missed out the 1:40 odds all these while. I think that's quite a terrible odd for drawing a specific and niche R5 token.

Please bring back cp for master support token with guaranteed R4 supports and I'll gladly spend my cps on these.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not for me. I have a rank 3 like many other posters and that will have to do unless they come up with a different deal.