Another puzzle gauntlet, another headache

Chrynos1989
Chrynos1989 Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
That Mantis / Daken node is plain ridiculous

how is this even supposed to work (without luck but skill)

Comments

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I used silk, saved up AP then spammed the tile creation.

The gimmick is mantis only has her yellow power, so you can force daken to create tiles by matching green and then she will convert them over to you. But its slow, ridiculously slow.

Silk has the health boost to keep her alive, and then its down to luck. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I was able to do it on my second try with silk. Use her blue to create strikes and her black creates them as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    They don’t have to belong to you, just be strikes on the board. I did it with Silk as well.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    For Mantis / Daken the key is Silks black which creates strikes on a specific color (green). You need to wait for a column to fill with strikes on all tiles that are not green then fire her black 1 (or more) times and that's your best chance for it to work out (thats how I did it).
    In the mean time get rid of TU matches when you can to increase the chances of more columns that are all non-TU tiles.
    Do not her Blue or Yellow as soon as you get the AP for it (hoard it) unless you are low on health (yellow) or you have a column with 7 strikes and want to take an RNG shot at winning.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the fortification node, i did it first try with Karnak. Store up red so you can force drop fortifications to the bottoms, then just make matches or tile bursts above them until fortifications land in the tops which will happen before too long.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally got a row of strike tiles after 4 tries. Unfortunately reading is important to solving puzzles. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was doable, but still rude. And they knew what they were doing, because we got this "must use Silk" thing before.
    Did not enjoy.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I finally got a row of strike tiles after 4 tries. Unfortunately reading is important to solving puzzles. 
    I was in exactly the same boat. Row is not column  >:)
  • Sekilicious
    On Reddit someone did it with Magneto and 3 Polaris TU, apparently. Wait until you get 21 TU then clear the remaining TU tiles with Magneto’s red then fire all Polaris stuns. I haven’t tried it yet. Will update when I do. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2022
    ok I beat the silk one now that I know her black makes green strike tiles that helped
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did the 4 corners with karnak and his red power and a lot of luck.
    The strike column with silk and a lot of attempts. Pure luck will help you giving you a column without TU tiles or silk webs.
    Both nodes require saving 30 APs.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2022
    Any suggestions for column of web tiles node?
    I tried Morales, Iron Spider and Spider Woman but closest I've gotten is one cell from complete column.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhipf said:
    I tried Morales, Iron Spider and Spider Woman but closest I've gotten is one cell from complete column.
    Miles, Spider Gwen, and Miguel is how I got it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    For web tiles, I always use IM40, Shuri and SMIW.

SMIW's green will then cost 4 and he creates 8 web tiles. 28/4*8= 56 web tiles

It's a guarantee the board will be filled with web tiles unless your board is full of teamup tiles.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 596 Critical Contributor
    KGB said:
    For Mantis / Daken the key is Silks black which creates strikes on a specific color (green). You need to wait for a column to fill with strikes on all tiles that are not green then fire her black 1 (or more) times and that's your best chance for it to work out (thats how I did it).
    In the mean time get rid of TU matches when you can to increase the chances of more columns that are all non-TU tiles.
    Do not her Blue or Yellow as soon as you get the AP for it (hoard it) unless you are low on health (yellow) or you have a column with 7 strikes and want to take an RNG shot at winning.
    KGB
    This. And I brought along a 3* black widow team up to place green where I needed it.
  • Rhipf
    Anon said:
    Rhipf said:
    Miles, Spider Gwen, and Miguel is how I got it.
    I guess this node just doesn't like me. I tried these three and after ~30min I finally had enough AP and a column without special tiles or TU tiles and fired off my stash. Still fell short two web tiles in that column and then I died before I could get AP and board to sync again.
    I then tried Hound's triplet and that didn't do me any better. I still fell short of a full column after firing off SMIW stash of greens. I only had SMIW set to 4 green covers so tried again with 5 covers and was wiped before the board gave me a free column and enough AP.
    Out of health packs so will have to see if my luck is better tomorrow. Although I have already gotten full progression so maybe I should just leave this node alone.  :/
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Set him to 5/5/3 and save up 28 green aps.

In the beginning, collect 8 red aps followed by 6 yellow aps. Fire Shuri's red followed by IM40's yellow. You will have 18 green aps. Collect another 10 green aps then fire. 

Reading the board is important when firing their powers.
  • Sekilicious
    Rhipf said:
    You can place web tiles wherever you want with Bagman. 
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf said:
    You can place web tiles wherever you want with Bagman. 

I always forget about Bagman.   :open_mouth:
    I finally finished the node with Miles, Spider Gwen and SMIW by downing Wolfsbane before firing off my powers. Once Wolfsbane was out of the picture and not spamming special tiles it was easier to get a column of non-TU or special tiles to convert to web tiles.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been struggling with both a row of charge tiles and 4 corner of attack tiles.  These just suck