Another puzzle gauntlet, another headache

2»

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    The opposing Throg is the key for the row of charged tiles. I brought 5* Carnage for meat shield/extra move along with Medusa and Polaris. Deny black to Vulture and kill him. Stun Carnage once the board is filled with attack tiles so that Throg will his green and zap the board to chargey goodness. (My own Throg has only a few covers, otherwise I might have used him instead of Carney.)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    For four corners attack tiles,  Onslaught/Storm/Domino made this a cakewalk. 

As for charged tiles, IM40/Shuri/Throg was the MVP. IM40 and Shuri is the mvp when you need to spam green/blue power to clear the puzzles.

Alternatively, you can use Polaris/BRB/1* Juggernaut to turn the board into protect tiles. Let opposing team gain 8 green aps. When the time has come, either stun or down Carnage and Vulture and let Throg fire his green. You win.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    shang chi for the charged tiles, get your combo points up, save up purple AP, carefully place crits creating charged tiles on the surrounding tiles
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I've tried the node with Silk numerous times, but there's always one or two without a strike tile. Fire blue and guess where the web tiles wind up...
    It always ends by downing both of them, which in any other situation would be quite an accomplishment.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who designs these? What a massive waste of time, not fun at all, just random garbage again.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2022
    This a repeat of a previous Puzzle Ops. This one was Puzzle Ops 6. Hey devs if you take feedback from the players. Most players especially on the MPQ reddit hate this Puzzle Ops. Hopefully you won't use this puzzle ops one to often. Also can we get a puzzle op with the Milano as a support. Id love to level up my Milano. we don't mind a challenge but this is overkill

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/comments/rxk7cf/puzzle_gauntlet_13_jan_2022_strategy_thread/
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor

This puzzle gauntlet was an enjoyable nightmare.  
    Well said. 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    On Reddit someone did it with Magneto and 3 Polaris TU, apparently. Wait until you get 21 TU then clear the remaining TU tiles with Magneto’s red then fire all Polaris stuns. I haven’t tried it yet. Will update when I do. 
    This worked well for me. Excellent information. Thank you
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Dazzler's red power can be used as teamup, save up 30 red and watch her create massive amount of strike tiles.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    This gauntlet is a good reminder to make sure you are ready to champ your 3*s before you cycle them. I sure could use a champed Storm right now. Especially since Morbius just kills off my champed Carnage without much sympathy. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I threw the towel in after silk killed the last node 6 times.I already have a 4* bb so I don’t want to even try the other nodes.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to do both nodes with Silk but I did kill the opponent's a few times which reminds me how good she is. Only got red iso from the tokens though. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    dianetics said:
    I threw the towel in after silk killed the last node 6 times.I already have a 4* bb so I don’t want to even try the other nodes.
    I did that once then released Magneto was a better option. Put down plenty of protect tiles (also helps make sure you don't die), wait for Prowler to fortify the right ones and use red to get rid of annoying team-up tiles if necessary. Still takes a little while, but little danger of wiping out the opponents by mistake. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last time I did Puzzle Gauntlet I got all dupes and considering that this is just a repeat of probably the worst Puzzle Gauntlet ever, not to mention that I couldn't care less for the support, I think I'm going to save myself the stress and just skip this one.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    The opposing Throg is the key for the row of charged tiles. I brought 5* Carnage for meat shield/extra move along with Medusa and Polaris. Deny black to Vulture and kill him. Stun Carnage once the board is filled with attack tiles so that Throg will his green and zap the board to chargey goodness. (My own Throg has only a few covers, otherwise I might have used him instead of Carney.)
    Thanks. I was having a very hard time beating this node, but I used your strategy and it worked. Now it's green checked and I never have to do it again. Ugh!
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    This is so irritating, really shouldn’t be down to luck to finish these 

I’ve tried six times now and still not won as silk keeps killing off the opponent 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    This is so irritating, really shouldn’t be down to luck to finish these 

I’ve tried six times now and still not won as silk keeps killing off the opponent 

Stop firing her Blue and Yellow (assuming your trying for the column of strikes) as that adds web tiles you don't need and causes her to quickly kill the opponents.
    Her Black creates strikes on a specific color (green). Bring a 3* Widow TU to change a couple tiles to green once you get a column with 5-6 strikes in it. A Polaris Blue can be handy for creating more strike tiles too once you get the board mostly filled from Daken + drop downs on new matches. It takes a while to get the board mostly filled with strikes via drop downs + Daken but it will work.
    KGB
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Well that was time well spent for a couple of 2* covers and red iso.