Festival of Fights

Options

Comments

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder what characters 4* players are using? We don't have many 4* players left after some of them got promoted to 5* land.  :D
    If I were still in 4-star land, I'd be using Juggernaut. I actually started out using him before moving to SC and YJ.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In one on one in 4* battles I use Chavez. Always a win except when the AI does a 48 AP first move cascade 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imo it's just natural to want to "promote". If 4* players come to the forum they can learn how to do it. 
    If the pie weren't tastier at 5* land nodoby would take the step, after all.
    It's just another way of progressing and setting goals.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I were running a 4* with this event I would probably take elektra.  Her black is something special if she is always in front. Also her red can be quite nasty.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Imo it's just natural to want to "promote". If 4* players come to the forum they can learn how to do it. 
    If the pie weren't tastier at 5* land nodoby would take the step, after all.
    It's just another way of progressing and setting goals.
    There are a few that come here that prefer the 4* meta. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm something of a 4* player with 45 champed 4* and 12 more @ 13 covers (the iso struggle is real). My highest 5*s are Kitty @ 9 covers (4 natural + 5 via shards), Gambit @ 7 covers (all natural), and Ultron @ 6 covers (all natural). My 1-cover Shang-Chi isn't up to snuff, and I haven't a Yellowjacket.

I don't see too much variety, so I've pretty much got my tactics figured out. (Note: Before I take on a 5*, I first verify the number of covers and the health pool before attacking.) 
    • Shang-Chi is either Ikarus (both chasing red and purple) or Juggs
    • Colossus is Juggs
    • Ronan is Kitty
    • Juggs is Kitty (without TUs and every Juggs match using a power, it's easy to get the attack tiles rolling)
    • Carol is Carol (get yellow; avoid black like the plague)
    • Chavez is Chavez (start with a few AP boosts (just in case))
    • Karnak is Juggs
    • Rogue can take out most folks in the <15,000 health range
    Beyond that, I've used Vulture and Blob a few times and would switch things up depending on the paper-rock-scissors scenario. Also, I discovered that Black Bolt's green is team damage when he's consumed enough AP variety and not just targeted at the lead -- poor Lokigator thought he was being sneaky. Too bad I haven't come across a 5torm to test him out there.

Except for the occasional 4* listed above, my retals are mostly Shang-Chis and YJs, with Ronans, 5witches and Colossi being the next most common. 

One of the things I like about his pvp is that when I wipe, I am guaranteed to only have to revive one character.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    Options
    For anyone who's wondering how Big Wheel fares in 1 Vs.1.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    I wonder what characters 4* players are using? We don't have many 4* players left after some of them got promoted to 5* land.  :D
    If I were still in 4-star land, I'd be using Juggernaut. I actually started out using him before moving to SC and YJ.
    Correct. In 4* land Juggs rules. I've killed countless Yellowjackets and ShangChi's in the 375-400 range with my 320 Juggs. More than once he's shrugged off a 100K hit from a ShangChi cascade thanks to his 90% damage reduction and he can continue to damage Yellowjacket even when he's invis.
    He simply wrecks all the normal 4* that players use (he loves feasting on Karnak and Chavez and no one is using Polaris).
    He only has to avoid opponents with high damage reduction of their own (Colossus or another Juggs) or cheap spammable powers that can really damage him. If I do that, he can win 10+ fights before I need a health pack.
    KGB
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the most fun I've had in a pvp event in a very long time. Most events suck the life out of me.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    shardwick said:
    This is the most fun I've had in a pvp event in a very long time. Most events suck the life out of me.
    You’re not alone in that thinking . The top 20 in my slice are way above 3000.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I can imagine how the Emma Frost PvP will go.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    As I look at the rosters of all these &@$!%* who use their 480 Kitty and BRB in every other PvP ( I’ve yet to see one Kitty and BRB is a quick victory) I’d like to see a PvP where you are 1 on 1 with ONLY your highest character useable. 
  • dianetics
    Options
    This should be a more common PvP event. Maybe once or twice per season. It is so awesome to see so many different characters in the pvp event.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As I look at the rosters of all these &@$!%* who use their 480 Kitty and BRB in every other PvP ( I’ve yet to see one Kitty and BRB is a quick victory) I’d like to see a PvP where you are 1 on 1 with ONLY your highest character useable. 
    My highest level characters are Odin and Doctor Strange. Either way, no thank you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does Black Panther's move or be moved just fail when you hit him above it's damage threshold? That is unfortunate. This event was crazy fun to me; Ronan slaps realy hard 1 v 1, i was running him a bunch. I saw some Fi5ks even too, which was surprising. I feel like most of my MMR was just running through their 5*s from worst to best. For me it was an easy walk with Shang-Chi to 1200 and out though. He is hands down the best solo character in the game.

To weigh in on the 4* game - i would ordinarily have gone with vulture, Chavez, or Karnak, but Ikaris could supplant him being able to gather AP while airborne.

The stun block in this event really hamstrings characters who might otherwise be strong in 1 v 1 like 5* Iceman. Kind of a shame, but definitely understandable.
  • dianetics
    Options
    GE Doom is interesting for this too. It is very cool that this one event brings so many different characters into the conversations for usefulness. I have rarely seen so many different 5s in play. SC is the most commmon but there has been a huge variety in opponents.

A strange thing is that knulls purple doesn’t work.
  • Bad
    Options
    SC is the best solo character once TU is gone. If not he will depend on the board, or in any case he will be slower.
    Perhaps big wheel could be better than him in a solo battle with TUs.
    By the way I didn't see a single big wheel. Perhaps next time he will rock, once people get used to him.
  • dianetics
    Options
    BW would be second to SC but now he is too new and SC has a true heal. But BW would walk over beta ray bill or other characters like knull or even apoc.
  • Bad
    Options
    Anyway supressing a color(on this pvp was TU) is exactly what sersi does. I don't have a single cover of her but next rotation I'm going to burn all my hoard which I saved from ultron's claws.
    I'm really looking forward to it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Invisibility is just as good as stun in this event. They should have banned both.