Festival of Fights

acescracked
acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
One on One!
No team-ups, no teams up tiles, *No Stuns*!

All Wanda? All Colossus? Will healers like God Doom & X-23 be viable? For the 4* folks won't be running into Polaris 😀.

Let the griping or praise commence!
Tagged:

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being an interesting change for a while, this game is about synergies so many players with just maxed okoyes will have to scratch their head.
    Players will have to use his more leveled and optimal character for this event(the most fast being alone). I expect to see many apocalypse, perhaps SC but just him alone is hard to run.
    If equipped boosts don't work, there will be a lot of griping for sure.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yellowjacket is very powerful 1-on-1
    Very true! Would stink if AI Yellowjacket goes invisible. Obviously would need to bring a character with a strong AOE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, that's the name of 1v1.

Apocalypse wil still rule. His black power can 1 shot anyone, except for airborne enemies, and Wanda. Deadpool could be good with his black power and ap steal. Ronan could be good but Kitty will eat him for lunch. But running Kitty is as good as putting up the signage "Easy Win".

3* IM is awesome for 3* players. 

In 4* land, Polaris will get trashed really hard, just like Kitty and Okoye. America Chavez, Karnak, Rogue, Vulture, SMIW, Juggernaut, Ikaris, Throg, Lokigator, Lizard, Blob, Hydra Stomper could be really good.

In this pvp, this is where you see some metas turn to trash. This is how powerful context can be.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Ikaris was pretty good in his 1v1 welcome event. If Hydra Stomper had some great powers he might be fun though overpowered. I expect that Shang-Chi will compete for Kitty’s easy win sign, though at 5/5/3 should do ok, though very board dependent. Maybe I should champ Apocalypse for this event. 

Events like this remind us how much we rely on synergy to speed up the meta characters. 
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Oh, I was too late too open this threat myself:-)
    I somehow like this PvP but can see why a lot of others hate it. 

Last year Apocalypse ruled in 5-star land. You just went for yellow/ red AP and ... almost finished. 

This year I think he might not stand a chance against Shang-Chi. He hits harder and faster and true heals. People could go for dozens of wins without using one health pack - which this PvP is/was all a about in the last years. Even defensive characters like Colossus can't negate his match damage long enough when you can control the board and keep your combo points. Since there are no TU-tiles the will be more cascades for Shang-Chi to abuse. 

Only counter I see is Yellojacket.  Bring some AP boosts match blue and try to stay invisible. Like SC he will also profit from more cascades. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I think most speed players play Apocalypse with +2 all aps, +2 red/yellow ap and +2 black aps to finish matches in 30-45 seconds. That's how I plan to play him.
  • Sekilicious
    Out of curiosity, is anyone going to try Electro? It should be easy to proc the extra damage from her black. Too slow still?
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    First fight with Shang-Chi (vs. Ghostpool), first loss. 

LOL
  • Sekilicious
    Ares76 said:
    First fight with Shang-Chi (vs. Ghostpool), first loss. 

LOL
    I don’t have a loss yet but I expect that is coming. I have had to actually use health packs though and I have even had a couple of defensive wins. I’d forgotten what both those are like. The lack of TUs help since there are more red/purple on the board. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Prof X should be happy but Onslaught will be sad.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    I’m using Ghostpool which is extremely easy since you just wait until remaining health is less than 150% of his damage done to fire the black . Plus you’re doing damage denying his primary . I had a great laugh when some idiot used Black Panther , being the character is IMMUNE to stun his major power is worthless. 
  • Sekilicious
    Ok Deadpool seems to be the defensive meta in this event. Stupid black cascades
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Electro is pretty awesome as well without team ups that’s a quick 40K damage on black 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Yellowjacket seems to be the best in this event so far 

except vs himself it’s a stalemate 
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Haven't looked at the event yet, but my favorite for 1 on 1 matches is Ronan.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    I’m running Shang 4/1/4 at level 390. He can take out a champed Apocalypse or BRB easily. Colossus takes longer but it’s still an easy win.  I avoid Wanda though. My only loss (so far) was against Ronin. But Shang loves all the cascades in this event! He can easily beat enemies twice his size. But I’ll admit that Yellowjacket would be very annoying. 

EDIT: the cascades are so crazy that most matches end in 1 - 4 turns
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    bbigler said:
    I’m running Shang 4/1/4 at level 390. He can take out a champed Apocalypse or BRB easily. Colossus takes longer but it’s still an easy win.  I avoid Wanda though. My only loss (so far) was against Ronin. But Shang loves all the cascades in this event! He can easily beat enemies twice his size. But I’ll admit that Yellowjacket would be very annoying. 

EDIT: the cascades are so crazy that most matches end in 1 - 4 turns
    I don’t know if it’s just bad luck but every time I face Shang the board is disproportionately red/ purple . The last match I counted 38 on opening, there were no other matches possible. Fortunately I had the first move so after an unavoidable cascade of 18 red  my Ghostpool whipped him in 2 moves. But I’ve also been beaten in 2 moves when the board is 40%+ red/ purple.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a pretty cool PvP event. I’ll probably bet myself 30-50 wins just because I think it’s fun.
    wish stuff like this would roll around more often.

I am a bit surpised I have yet to see 1 Ronan. I think he would have been a lock for this.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    I just mirror matched a Ghostpool, after Penance he was left with health of 8, he then black 5 matched and retaliated with a KO. My first loss , 26-1.