Do you want more color-based PvPs?

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
Evergreen is one of my favorite PvP events. I'm baffled as to why there aren't more events like it focusing on the other colors. We have enough depth and variety for it. Maybe the numbers don't support it? Is there anyone else who would like to see the other 5 colors implemented?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I also forgot to put a poll in the sub that I made unfortunately. I liked Evergreen since it adds to the variety in PvP. As Hound said, one a month corresponding the Infinity Stone Season would be a good compromise. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are lots of compromises that would be well accepted involving colors or affiliations.  I wonder why or what is so hard with making these pvp events?  You would think they should have invested in a programming tools developer to simply event creation tasks.  
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe green is the color where most active powers exist. Or maybe there are more people actually green.
    These reasons don't really explain why it couldn't be more color pvps.
    Imo I'd rather like pvps where there is a variety on middle character, and it's loaned, like that recent defenders pvp, or that another which was played some months ago, featuring and loaning heimdall and lizard and I don't remember the others, but odin was buffed too.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they only run Evergreen as part of the holiday season?  Seems like a good time to also run a red version of it!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love all the roster chopping PvP, they are my favorites. Evergreen and Balance of Power for example. I’m all for more of these , including specific color or tier combos , but also no affiliation allowed restrictions. Anything that stops the clones from using Steel Witch or BRolaris ad nauseum would be a welcome change . Other examples could be full rainbow active powers or passive limitations. The possibilities are endless for diversity. I realize this would take a huge amount of time designing and writing these new concepts but even 2 or 3 new ones a year , used per season , would rejuvenate imagination into this game .
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Blood Red, Black Hole, blue shouldn’t happen unless everyone is stun immune, Yellow Bananas, Barney Purple… or Pink, I don’t know the consensus still on that one. 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blood Red, Black Hole, blue shouldn’t happen unless everyone is stun immune, Yellow Bananas, Barney Purple… or Pink, I don’t know the consensus still on that one. 
    I like Blood Red and Black Hole. I was thinking Deep Blue and Sunrise for Yellow. I have no good ideas for Purple.
    I think they only run Evergreen as part of the holiday season?  Seems like a good time to also run a red version of it!
    I think a somewhat seasonal schedule would work. Like you said, add Red to Green for the holidays since those colors are prominent this time of year. Yellow could take place around the summer solstice (longest day of the year) while Black could take place around the winter solstice (shortest day of the year). The question is where to put Purple and Blue.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd be cool if they were themed/based around the color pie.  There have been a few exceptions since the very beginning, but mostly every color only gets to do certain stuff.

Red - single target direct damage
    Green - AoE, board shake
    Yellow - healing, anything to do with teamups
    Purple - AP steal/destruction
    Blue - stuns
    Black is kind of a mix of everything
    A very long time ago, they gave us thematic descriptions of each color too, like yellow powers represent teamwork, and purple powers represent sneaking or spycraft.  I think they still use those when doing design.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bad said:
    Maybe green is the color where most active powers exist. Or maybe there are more people actually green.
    These reasons don't really explain why it couldn't be more color pvps.
    Imo I'd rather like pvps where there is a variety on middle character, and it's loaned, like that recent defenders pvp, or that another which was played some months ago, featuring and loaning heimdall and lizard and I don't remember the others, but odin was buffed too.
    I think because it´s a christmas themed event they went with green for grinch.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since Omicron is going to take over winter and the rest of 2022, I think it's a good time to introduce black themed pvp followed by yellow themed pvp after Omicron is gone.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I like Purple Reigns and Gang Green as my favorite titles per color. Blue By You and Black Whole make some thematic sense . Red Pool and Yellow Stones need some work still . ( Yellow Peril is also more appropriate but possibly not in today’s world so I’d shelve that)
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't realize until this year that Ever Green was run in December because of the trees. Had a real forehead smacking moment. Anyway, I think it would be neat to run other color-locked PVP events at different times of the year based on other holidays, e.g. Lucky Red around Lunar New Year.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I like any pvp event that forces people to play something different. Variety is good. Formulate a new team, try something new. No matter how good your main pvp team is, it will get boring after a while. Here are some pvp event types I would like to see:  

Possible Event Types: 
    *All passive abilities are turned off
    *All powers below 9 AP are turned off
    *Your team must have rainbow coverage
    *No stuns allowed
    *No Strikes, Attacks or Protects allowed
    *No AOE damage
    *No Countdown or Repeaters allowed
    *No healing or bursts
    *All characters have a certain power color
    *All characters must be on the same team affiliation 
    *Supports are turned on
    *Chance of charged tiles dropping
    *4 vs 4 match ups
    *No team ups or TU tiles
    *No match damage 
    *All characters boosted to 550
    *No shields
    *All characters have a certain color outfit 
    I think the outfit one would be game breaking and I am all in. I vote for a goth Okoye. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    Options
    Sales of alternate uniforms would increase if they were a different color and fit your team outfit design 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You could kick off this event type with a Goth theme where everyone has to be wearing black. Or, everyone on your team just simply needs to be wearing the same color. 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd be cool if they were themed/based around the color pie.  There have been a few exceptions since the very beginning, but mostly every color only gets to do certain stuff.

Red - single target direct damage
    Green - AoE, board shake
    Yellow - healing, anything to do with teamups
    Purple - AP steal/destruction
    Blue - stuns
    Black is kind of a mix of everything
    A very long time ago, they gave us thematic descriptions of each color too, like yellow powers represent teamwork, and purple powers represent sneaking or spycraft.  I think they still use those when doing design.
    Yes, I remember that.  They had a similar color break down in the original puzzle quest on gameboy.  I'm pretty sure black was meant to be used as damage over time.  In the original puzzle quest it was used to represent burn/bleeding/poison that would do small ticks of damage each turn.

I think they were going for that originally with black in mpq with powers like psylockes black that creates an attack tile to represent bleeding damage or storms black representing being hit by hail each turn.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Purple Rain?

Purple Haze (in honor of Jimi Hendrix)
    KGB
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel this question pops up every year after Ever Green is ran. Makes sense. It’s a fun/popular event. Would be cool to pilot one with black tiles in February.