**** Doc Ock (No Way Home) ****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:

Ten Tickles.   

Ten because shangchi and his 10 combo points. Tickles because of the pun. 
    I got that pun, but not sure if what SC does can be called as "tickles".
    Perhaps could be called as "navarone cannons". It could mess up the pun.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have to keep making characters to counter 1 character, then maybe, just maybe, that one character is too strong.... 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Borstock said:
    If you have to keep making characters to counter 1 character, then maybe, just maybe, that one character is too strong.... 

Or maybe that game mechanic is just inherently strong in a game of this type.
    Or maybe that character has the benefit of having been released first and thus has both familiarity and the extra levels on their side.
    Or maybe you're assuming facts not in evidence.
    It doesn’t matter how long ago Polaris was released, if a character is OP, they will be heavily used. @DyingLegend makes a good point.  Plus, any mechanic can be strong given the right character, such as match damage buffing in Shang. I wouldn’t mind if they nerfed Polaris a little 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    Borstock said:

Or maybe that game mechanic is just inherently strong in a game of this type.
    Or maybe that character has the benefit of having been released first and thus has both familiarity and the extra levels on their side.
    Or maybe you're assuming facts not in evidence.
    It doesn’t matter how long ago Polaris was released, if a character is OP, they will be heavily used. @DyingLegend makes a good point.  Plus, any mechanic can be strong given the right character, such as match damage buffing in Shang. I wouldn’t mind if they nerfed Polaris a little 

I don't think Polaris needs a nerf. BRB being a great battery with her is what needs the nerf.

@bad

Tickles is ironic, because he hits harder than even colossus once he gets enough combo points :D
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been targeting Polaris teams almost exclusively for about 6 months now. I maintain a character like her (with Grocket) is necessary for 4* speed play in PvE, and to punch up to SCL10 for non-5* rosters. Besides, the best nerf to iHulk where he is still relevant to your roster but not dominating PvP. That was done through Wanda, Electro, and weekly boosts. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't need Polaris to punch up scl 10 pves. I do agree that Polaris speed up scl pves: 25 minutes for scl 9 and 20 minutes for scl 8.

BRB/Polaris is almost a relic now. Only players with weak roster will have trouble handling them. In 5* land, most players wil handle them easily. Morbius, Mantis and many more counters are there for them.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure it's even about Polaris anymore, if it indeed ever was.  They seem to have made the decision to have the 4* meta be a special tile meta. 

Even if something changes with Polaris in the future, special tile strategies are going to continue to be really popular at the 4* tier because there's so much support for them.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    For those not in 5* I could see it as a huge problem . Most of those posting though have whale rosters and Polaris always goes down in 2 moves . As does every other 4*. A 5* against Polaris is like a high school bully against a 4th grader . If they ever made a PVP with no 5* allowed she’d be in every battle though .
  • Srheer0
    For those not in 5* I could see it as a huge problem . Most of those posting though have whale rosters and Polaris always goes down in 2 moves . As does every other 4*. A 5* against Polaris is like a high school bully against a 4th grader . If they ever made a PVP with no 5* allowed she’d be in every battle though .

Maybe the game needs 4s that are immune to stun
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Srheer0 said:

Polaris against non-boosted 4*s goes down in two turns and can take out most threats in two turns. Her build of 4/x/x is only necessary at SCL10 or the 5e in SCL9. Against anyone else 3/5/5 is the most effective. Being immune to stun helps if you have 80k hp so maybe it would come into play if the character was boosted. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:

Hydra Stomper?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are counters to Polaris all the way from 3* land onwards. What outcome do players want to see? Retaliation from Polaris team fall from 90% of the time to 10% of the time, like what Wanda/Colossus did to iHulkoye?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was posting in regard to BRB being the problem, so yes obviously I was coming from the 5* angle. Even so Morbious can shut her down in a non 5* team in the same way I use him for 5* teams. There’s enough tools out there now to make Polaris a much easier match. A non issue now.
  • Srheer0
    DAZ0273 said:
    Srheer0 said:

Hydra Stomper?

Requires peggy on the team right?  @DAZ0273

It's a worse version of Apoc's immunity and about on par with C5clops' stun immunity. 

I had completely forgotten about stomper being immune to stun lol. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Srheer0 said:

Hydra Stomper?

Requires peggy on the team right?  @DAZ0273

It's a worse version of Apoc's immunity and about on par with C5clops' stun immunity. 

I had completely forgotten about stomper being immune to stun lol. 

Nope - he is stun immune but if Peggy is on the team so is she.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    Shouldn't the number of <TILETYPE> tiles be limited to 4?
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    I don't know understand all the ire against Polaris. Yes, the character is great and versatile, which is probably why she is overused. She works with Carnage, Medusa, Juggernaut, Beta Ray Bill...maybe others I don't even know about.

I do think she could use a little rework, maybe separating the Stun and tile creation of her blue into another color (so her blue would only stun for 7 blue and another color, such as green, would create strike tiles but not stun)

But I've been defeating any Polaris team with America Chavez + Karnak for ages (except for Polaris+Grocket, which is a job for Sabertooth).