Evergreen

Sekilicious
Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
So I think the Evergreen PvP is what people were asking for before boosted 5* characters. A limited roster where they can use characters that normally sit on the bench. So naturally some people in my alliance are complaining about it lol. What did people think about the event? Would you find PvP more enjoyable if they did something like this on a regular basis? Like once a month they only allow characters with a certain ap color?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Tinykitty, I should have done a poll! #missedopportunities 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    When iHulk was a rampant unchecked terror this PvP was high on the hate list of 5* players but now there are various effective counters it shouldn't be that bad. I am all for mixing things up.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember it was a pvp where some players got pissed because they got whooped by all the green powere. Matches ended quickly though.  :)

I would like them to tie each coloured theme pvp with its respective season. Howver, it seems top alliances dislike such (pick-3) events during seasons. I wonder what the reason is.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, I like these kind of events. Although, since Polaris, Grocket and Juggs are all still on the list, it doesn't feel like that big of an impact. Still, I'm up for more like this. I do like the 'Class of...' ones that run around anniversary time too. It'd be nice if the Ooops, all spiders actually limited to just spider characters. I remember the last time that one run it was a Polaris boost week, so some referred to it as Ooops, all Polaris.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Just did about 6 matches of evergreen.

Green tiles have a higher chance of appearing, if I remember right from lastyear.  

First team I faced was an iHulk team. I thought I would be clever and use h3lk, Elektro (5) and someone else random. Elektro was soo good at reducing the team damage that h3lk didn't even get any anger tiles to appear.

Then I saw that BRB and Polaris were both green users. Hunted down other Polaris and BRB teams with my own polaris, brb and Rogue. Rogue is very fun because you can fire BRBs green every 2 green matches (if you use rogue green when enemy brb is infront) and the match damage is tripled, so it's 8000+ from matching greens alone.  

Chavez is also popular, and I can see why.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    With all the greens you can go winfinite on your first turn regardless of the opponent.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 586 Critical Contributor
    I find that whether or not a roster-limiting event like this is enjoyable is wholly dependent upon one's depth of roster.

Now that I've got some depth, yep, I'm liking it.
  • Sekilicious
    MrPlow said:
    With all the greens you can go winfinite on your first turn regardless of the opponent.
    Yeah, they could not boost the rate that certain colors appear. That was the main source of BRB, Polaris, Juggernaut Winfinites. Though if they didn't then Teen Jean would be mandatory against the winfinite teams. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Sersi cancel out the extra green tile effect if you choose green on her purple power?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    In 4* land, Grocket/Polaris/Juggs is overwhelming.
    I can often wipe an enemy team on turn 1 if there is a match 5 (roughly 1 in 2 battles start with one or cascade into one) thanks to Juggs team damage. Even when I can't, making a double move does huge damage and most teams are dead on turn 2 (or turn 3/4 for those teams with L350-400 characters).
    The regular Juggs counter characters (Mantis, Sabretooth etc) aren't boosted so those teams are prime pickings because you kill the character on turn 1 90% of the time.
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue/Sighclops/Onslaught is a super fun team in this event. Most teams will have a character with green as strongest color, so power siphon puts in some good work. Also pro tip: because the stun component to Sighclops’ green is randomly targeted, you can stun an invisible onslaught even if he is the only target.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would say this event over values characters like onslaught and professor x to the point where they are almost required.

This is a puzzle gauntlet type event in the PvP arena. Not great for the whole community but it is excellent for certain groups of players.

This is fine every once in a while so no complaints here. I just cannot really complete effectively in the event. But I am surely happy this doesn’t happen often.
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    KGB said:
    In 4* land, Grocket/Polaris/Juggs is overwhelming.
    I can often wipe an enemy team on turn 1 if there is a match 5 (roughly 1 in 2 battles start with one or cascade into one) thanks to Juggs team damage. Even when I can't, making a double move does huge damage and most teams are dead on turn 2 (or turn 3/4 for those teams with L350-400 characters).
    The regular Juggs counter characters (Mantis, Sabretooth etc) aren't boosted so those teams are prime pickings because you kill the character on turn 1 90% of the time.
    KGB
    As Hound pointed out to me in another sub Electro and Wanda are effective counters even at low covers for E’s yellow and W’s green. I started targeting them with BRB (lvl320 4/3/4), Polaris, Electro (lvl255 1/2/2) after. I did lose once to a Polaris cascade once though. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Green is a super common color for some reason, which may account for there not being one for say purple. There are good characters at all tiers with good green powers so it isn’t super exclusive. 
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Green is a super common color for some reason, which may account for there not being one for say purple. There are good characters at all tiers with good green powers so it isn’t super exclusive. 
    I thought they were distributed fairly evenly. Has anyone done an analysis?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I guess they are decently similar; if you sort by color there is a total in parenthesis next to each color. I have one of everyone above 1* with just one dupe Chavez skewing the results, and it says there are:
    Yellow: 120
    Red: 128
    Blue: 126
    green: 119
    purple: 111
    black: 126
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I went with the advice here on BRBeast/Polaris. Some matches were literally 2 turns before stun lock . My fastest climb ever . (Avoid unstunnable characters)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I went with the advice here on BRBeast/Polaris. Some matches were literally 2 turns before stun lock . My fastest climb ever . (Avoid unstunnable characters)
    This team was great! Slow with the animations turned on so I wasn’t quite able to grind to 1200 before time ran out this morning. Easy mode though. I wonder how it plays outside Evergreen? It really got me thinking about BRBeast+Ronan since the blue earn is so strong.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Thor/Wanda/BRB, and then switched to BRB + Polaris + Thing/TA Hulk. Use Wanda's purple on green and friendly power deals 150% bonus damage easily. 

Beast is a really good battery with tiles spammers. +3 bonus per match with special tiles in it. Too bad tile spammers are mostly in 4* land. In 5* land, we have Carnage, Knull and Sersi at best.