Sersi has arrived in LL

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 78CP left for the Latest flip after chasing Shang Chi and ending with a 1/4/5 Ultron. Pulled Sersi on my third pull, so I guess yay. Back to sulking hoarding I guess.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    I had 78CP left for the Latest flip after chasing Shang Chi and ending with a 1/4/5 Ultron. Pulled Sersi on my third pull, so I guess yay. Back to sulking hoarding I guess.
    Now you can save up for Big Wheel!
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    But has anyone figured out how well she will play with shang-chi?  Her power set and tile changing seem to suggest that she would be good, but is she better than 5witch or another 5* character?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    JangoLore said:
    But has anyone figured out how well she will play with shang-chi?  Her power set and tile changing seem to suggest that she would be good, but is she better than 5witch or another 5* character?
    There is not a definitive answer to your second question. Here is my take. Changing tiles to SAP or countdowns will be poor synergy, but not worse than Valkyrie or Prof X both of which SC plays very well with. Changing 6 random to red/purple is great, but Sighclops is marginally better and he shuffles the board. 50% reduction of certain tiles promises to be very good, but still rng dependent. So in the end Sighclops is probably still SC's best partner for PvE. If you skipped Sigh, then Sersi will do almost as well. Sersi will be better than Wanda to support SC but worse in PvP since she does not provide passive defense. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    With my limited time with her, she seemed to be pretty good as a pair with SC.

But he will do far better with a battery and a board manipulator. Valkyrie is probably the best partner because she can give him 4 red ap on the first turn and he can fire his red power on the second turn.
    5witch can passively manipulate the board and add 2 purple or red each turn.

Sersi will eliminate one color after the first or second turns where both 5witch will feed him on the second or third turn and Valk will feed him on the first turn.

Sersi's power increases the chance for a single red or purple to fall into the board each turn. 4 colors and 3 fall each turn on normal matches.

Valk is miles better, so the question is Sersi vs 5witch. Which would you rather take in a pick 2 Sersi or 5witch?

I'd say if you don't have the option of Valk or 5witch, then Sersi can be a good partner for her.
  • Sekilicious
    dianetics said:
    With my limited time with her, she seemed to be pretty good as a pair with SC.

But he will do far better with a battery and a board manipulator. Valkyrie is probably the best partner because she can give him 4 red ap on the first turn and he can fire his red power on the second turn.
    5witch can passively manipulate the board and add 2 purple or red each turn.

Sersi will eliminate one color after the first or second turns where both 5witch will feed him on the second or third turn and Valk will feed him on the first turn.

Sersi's power increases the chance for a single red or purple to fall into the board each turn. 4 colors and 3 fall each turn on normal matches.

Valk is miles better, so the question is Sersi vs 5witch. Which would you rather take in a pick 2 Sersi or 5witch?

I'd say if you don't have the option of Valk or 5witch, then Sersi can be a good partner for her.
    I agree with all this for PvE. I just want to point out that Valkyrie will lose more points than she will gain in PvP. This assertion is based on my float point going from about 500 in the Polaris meta (her defense is also terrible) to around 300 with SC/Valkyrie. And though I can hit anyone, SC/Valk does not seem fast enough to shield hop effectively. I could also just be bad at the game. YMMV.  
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,588 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bump up with SC/Valk/5witch then swap Valk for Col5 or another boosted 5 after I make my climb. Seems to help with the hits.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,768 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    @PiMacleod if you complain to support about pull rate they let you know it is random so whoever told you to lodge a complaint in my experience you'd be wasting your time. 
    It was a post in a MPQ group im in on FB, complete with a vid where he got compensated about 10 5* covers of his choice.  He stated it was due to a complaint about not getting his 1:7 pull rate out of 40 pulls (he only pulled 2).

Which was the cause behind me saying that.  Let's just say that's true for a second -- if so, how many people on these forums deserve the same justice, but don't get it because they never reach out?

Now if it's false, I'd be real curious to know what he was REALLY compensated for. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never heard of anyone getting 10 5* covers as compensation, or getting any compensation for a set of 40 pulls, so I don't believe that at all.

I have heard about 5-figure+ spenders getting compensation when their pull rates were extremely low over a long period of time.  I'm sure that makes some people angry, but it makes perfect sense to me -- customer support should support...customers.

There's never any harm in putting in a ticket for any issue you have with anything in the game, the worst thing that'll happen is you get denied.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's clearly a fake.
    10 covers for 40 pulls? I think I never pulled 10 covers in 40 pulls. If it was true it would be better to not pull any 5* at all, the odds of that compensation are way better than the usual. 
  • Sekilicious
    edited December 2021
    It was 12 for 40 (they pulled 2) so they apparently gave a 30% return instead of the 15%. This is easily tested. Just press the pull 50 and if you get less than 7 5*s contact Customer Service. If they return with a 30% return on your 50 pulls please let us know. I will be happy to contact CS if I have tinykitty draw rates. 

Perhaps more likely, if you have all 3 LL 5*s max champed CS will compensate any additional 5*s pulled with a 5* of your choice. That the person lied about their compensation but tried to provide 'evidence' for it seems more believable than someone randomly getting a crazy number of 5*s for a poor pull rate. Another reason to stay away from Facebook. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the very least Sersi will be amazing (right up there with 5torm) for all those puzzle gauntlet matches that require you to match or get rid of a certain colour. I used her alongside 5torm in Johnny Storm's event against Thing, where you have to get rid of all Yellow tiles. Used Sersi's Purple (selected yellow), and literally no yellow tiles fell after that. Just needed to get 10 Green for 5torm to get rid of the remaining yellow tiles.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

There's never any harm in putting in a ticket for any issue you have with anything in the game, the worst thing that'll happen is you get denied.
    I once complained about the time I pulled on a special store consisting of Prof.X, Doc.Strange and Bruce Banner, because I pulled exactly one and got a 5* Carnage. The store was obviously bugged. Either Professor X or Strange would work great in my Roster.

They refunded me 1 Banner.
  • Breadsticks
    Breadsticks Posts: 85 Match Maker
    When Electro was in I kept getting odin and Shang Chi and ended with about 5 for her. Fortunately, SC turns out to be awesome, Odin not so much. I'm now at 13 covers for Ultron, 5 for Gamora and none for Sersi who I really want. I guess I picked the wrong time to come back and play. Lol

If I had come back some months earlier I would've had better 5* to choose.
  • Sekilicious
    When Electro was in I kept getting odin and Shang Chi and ended with about 5 for her. Fortunately, SC turns out to be awesome, Odin not so much. I'm now at 13 covers for Ultron, 5 for Gamora and none for Sersi who I really want. I guess I picked the wrong time to come back and play. Lol

If I had come back some months earlier I would've had better 5* to choose.
    Luckily they release 2 or 3 exceptional characters a year. So though you may be late for some the next meta or meta adjacent will be released before next July or so.