New Feeders?

Options
LFChikarason
LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
I was searching for something more up to date, but I'm just noticing these four stars give these five star covers:
Red Guardian give Yelena Belova
Scorpion gives Carnage
Throg gives Beta Ray Bill
Dark Beast gives Apocalpsye
Mantis gives Adam Warlock
Kate Pryde gives Yellowjacket
Alligator Loki gives Heimdall
Hydra Stomper gives Killmonger
Blob gives Mister Sinister
Ikaris gives Immortal Hulk

am I missing any new ones? 

Comments

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like you have the latest ones there. Check out the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CUD05MS67Z61r5_IfIwMjnKC0TdBq1ytOOhhc0LFcCg/edit?usp=sharing
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mdreyer93 said:
    Looks like you have the latest ones there. Check out the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CUD05MS67Z61r5_IfIwMjnKC0TdBq1ytOOhhc0LFcCg/edit?usp=sharing
    Thanks! 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What confuses me is how some new 5 stars get feeders while others don't. Why can't they just be consistent on feeders? 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It confuses me that some 4* are feeders and some are not.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ideally every new 4* would be a feeder for the 5* dropping out of latest.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Ideally every new 4* would be a feeder for the 5* dropping out of latest.
    Ideal for players perhaps but it looks like the devs want new 5s to go unfed for a spell. They are at least making each new 4 a feeder now.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Every 4* should be a feeder. There are 16 unfed 5s. And they release one every month.
    Then you have somebody like Havok who doesn't have a feeder and that character came out almost 2 years ago.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Every 4* should be a feeder. There are 16 unfed 5s. And they release one every month.
    Then you have somebody like Havok who doesn't have a feeder and that character came out almost 2 years ago.
    Every 4* should be a feeder. 

Not "every NEW 4* should be a feeder." 

Not "every 5* should be fed."

Every 4* should be a feeder.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Christmas is coming. I'm sure that we'll get everything that we asked for.   :neutral:
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Zalasta said:
    Christmas is coming. I'm sure that we'll get everything that we asked for.   :neutral:

Here comes 6* Paste Pot Pete!
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options

But there's like 130+ 4stars currently and not even 100x 5stars.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Srheer0 said:

Yeah Entrailbucket discussed this in another thread. It makes no sense once you think of it. It would mean many 5* would suddenly get 2 feeders while others would only have 1. Then in the future it would be 1 feeder per 5* (they'd have to make sure every 4* release made sense for the 5* release). At that point the complaint would be 'how come some 5* have 2 feeders and some only 1 feeder?
    Plus they'd need to also go back and make every 3* feed even MORE 4* since there are now lots of unfed 4* which also makes no sense.
    Feeders are a nice occasional bonus cover, but they aren't really something you plan your cover acquisition around.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    KGB said:
    Srheer0 said:

Yeah Entrailbucket discussed this in another thread. It makes no sense once you think of it. It would mean many 5* would suddenly get 2 feeders while others would only have 1. Then in the future it would be 1 feeder per 5* (they'd have to make sure every 4* release made sense for the 5* release). At that point the complaint would be 'how come some 5* have 2 feeders and some only 1 feeder?
    Plus they'd need to also go back and make every 3* feed even MORE 4* since there are now lots of unfed 4* which also makes no sense.
    Feeders are a nice occasional bonus cover, but they aren't really something you plan your cover acquisition around.
    KGB
    No.  You're thinking of this backwards. 

The champion rewards for Drax are way better than the champion rewards for 4* Deadpool.  Why? 

What about Drax makes him give out specific 5* covers and shards, while Deadpool gives out tokens and CP in those same slots?  Why are Drax covers worth significantly more than Deadpool covers?  There is no other tier where this is the case.

Some 3* feed multiple 4*.  But they all have the same champion rewards at each level.  The 4* tier is the only tier where one character's champion rewards are better than another's.

I don't care that 5* are fed, or even which 5* are fed, I care that all covers at a tier give equal rewards.  This is true at all character tiers except 4*.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Multiple 4*s feeding each 5* this probably will never happen, though I see why people would want that to happen. I don't necessarily think they 'should' either. As much as I would love extra covers for the 10 or so meta characters, for the rest I think I would prefer cp and LL tokens for the hoard. I can wait for my Wasp to be covered when I eventually start pulling exclusively from CL, thank you.

Sorry Entrailbucket, your 10 copies of 370 Electra will probably never pay off for you. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I know exactly why they can't do it, but the reason is *dumb*. 

They can't make any old 4* a feeder, because if they did, certain players would throw a tantrum if we didn't get full retroactive rewards.

But consider the same situation at a lower tier.  What if certain 3* gave out 4* covers and shards, and others gave out heroic tokens at those levels?  Would that be ok?
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    I know exactly why they can't do it, but the reason is *dumb*. 

They can't make any old 4* a feeder, because if they did, certain players would throw a tantrum if we didn't get full retroactive rewards.

But consider the same situation at a lower tier.  What if certain 3* gave out 4* covers and shards, and others gave out heroic tokens at those levels?  Would that be ok?
    If there were 250 3*s and not all gave shards for the 130 4*s we have now? And some gave a mighty token instead of Talos shards? Yeah that would be ok. I'm not sure the reason is 'dumb' rather than doesn't conform to your preconceived notions of symmetry. In my opinion the diversity of rewards is ok, since different 4*s feed different things; some 5*s, others feed the hoard. Or in your case the 11th Electra you want max champed. 
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    I guess if you think that tokens are a better reward than specific shards and covers, that would be a good argument for keeping things the way they are.  I think that's a pretty unpopular opinion, though.
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    I guess if you think that tokens are a better reward than specific shards and covers, that would be a good argument for keeping things the way they are.  I think that's a pretty unpopular opinion, though.
    You must not have read the Ultron thread. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    You must not have read the Ultron thread. 
    Agreed 100% with Sekilicious.  Shards/Covers are *very handy* for those players who don't have the 5* fully covered and can fully cover the 5* like RainKingUcd above who is finishing off a couple of older 5* he has 11 or 12 covers of. For those people it's fantantic.
    But if you have the 5* already champed is there really *that* much of a difference between going from L451 to L452 on a champ reward compared to the Champ rewards of the 4* like Deadpool? The difference is essentially negligible.
    Personally I'd rather have some CP and HP than an extra champ level on some 5* that's only usable when boosted. So I disagree with the premise that Drax rewards are WAY better than 4* Deadpool rewards. They are  better for a very unique class of players (those who can use the rewards to get the final cover or 2 to champ StarLord).
    KGB
    P.S. Entrailbucket, the rewards for 3* are not all equal. Here is one part of the old chart I found here:
    As you can see, those that feed two 4* have different rewards. So it's normal to have different rewards for different characters at the same level.