The Deadliest Puzzle Gauntlet

2»

Comments

• FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I just want to thank everyone who provided tips and observations about these fights.
    Somehow I got my brain locked on to using Loki to convert enemy strikes to friendly protects in order to stay alive longer, and his purple shuffle in order to match a bunch of strikes in three turns or less.  If Patch is not stunned, you need to match FIVE friendly strikes in a single turn or match six within three turns, or he just heals back up.  It did barely work, but requires luck.
    Building up black and blue with Gamora seems like it would have been the best option.  If you can keep Patch stunned, you have a lot of moves to match strikes rather than having to get a bunch all at once.
    Mirror matching Patch is definitely a high adrenaline option, needing to flood the board with strikes in order to match enough of them in a short time while he smashes you with strike-fueled match damage.
    I didn't even consider trying Prowler against Patch, his blue and black are expensive and I figured he would be crushed before having enough blue and enough friendly strikes on the board.  But apparently he can win too.

The tip for Vibranium Ore (at Rank 2+) in the Daken fight due to the increased match-4s is clever too.

Cheers to all!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you. This is awesome. 

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    That was definitely the toughest so far without gamoras exploit , luckily I had a team up that put an extra 4 strike tiles on the board, was worth the effort as I got chewie up to 4*
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    The hardest for me was the Cage/IF/ProfX one of matching enemy protect tiles. I apologize if there was an easy solution, but I didn't see it.

Eventually what I did was bring:

G4mora with Vibranium Ore support- I have her champed, so she had a nice bit of health to stay alive long enough to complete this puzzle. Her blue stun was big for me (red and black were useless for this puzzle.) But the Vibranium Ore was key, because it made a protect tile whenever I made a match-4 or greater.

Mantis. She is also champed for me, so she had a good bit of health as well.

With these 2, my aim was to stun lock the enemy team, make protects with Gamora, and then turn them with Mantis yellow so that I could match them.

The 3rd that I brought was Medusa for healing my team, and the occasional board shake up to get the protects into a place where I could match them. Yes, her purple does flip enemy protects to friendly protects, but Mantis yellow was able to turn them back into enemy protects so that I could match them.

It was a slog, but I was able to complete it to finish off this puzzle gauntlet. 

This gauntlet had some tough ones and some easy ones. So, good job devs on this one.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    That one was really easy with the right team.  The required character doesn't really matter (I used Loki for boardshake).

You need someone who has a very cheap power (I used 5* Hawkeye).  Just keep Cage alive till last and he'll make a black protect tile every time you cast the power.

Then, the secret power that nobody remembers -- 4* Venom makes a yellow enemy protect tile every time you do damage over a certain amount.  So every time you match one of Cage's black protect tiles, your Venom creates a yellow one.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    I used shang chi and domino. Once you get shang going he's winfinite and every time he fires a power enemy luke cage changes a black tile to a protect. Domino is just there to make sure black tiles keep falling down every time shang shakes up the board.
    Just make sure to kill cage last
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    That one was really easy with the right team.  The required character doesn't really matter (I used Loki for boardshake).

You need someone who has a very cheap power (I used 5* Hawkeye).  Just keep Cage alive till last and he'll make a black protect tile every time you cast the power.

Then, the secret power that nobody remembers -- 4* Venom makes a yellow enemy protect tile every time you do damage over a certain amount.  So every time you match one of Cage's black protect tiles, your Venom creates a yellow one.
    I did that roughly 5-6 times, and about mid way through the game Cage used Hero for Hire with multiple fortified tiles on the board and wiped my full-health team every single time. I had to either kill him first or stun him. So that's when I devised the strategy that I outlined.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Gamora has taunted me during this Puzzle Quest - 3 times completely at random she has fired Deadliest Woman to no Effect whatsoever - I know it doesn't work MPQ, SO STOP IT! I have tried everybody against Patch so far with no luck whatsoever. I had Gamora stun him 4 times in a match and still couldn't manage to finish him off!
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 496 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:
    Gamora has taunted me during this Puzzle Quest - 3 times completely at random she has fired Deadliest Woman to no Effect whatsoever - I know it doesn't work MPQ, SO STOP IT! I have tried everybody against Patch so far with no luck whatsoever. I had Gamora stun him 4 times in a match and still couldn't manage to finish him off!
    I went with the mirror match. However, instead of relying on my Patch's green power to provide the friendlies, I kept the green tile count low and let the AI fire green first, putting a bunch of friendly on the purples. After that, I had my own green ready to go to put friendly strikes on any newly fallen or unused green. Not a walk in the park though as it took me three tries.
  • turbomoose

I didn’t realise venom yellow passive was so low, wish I had tried him sooner , wasted about an hour this morning trying all sorts of super 5* combinations 

you were right that was surprisingly easy . Thanks for the tip
  • turbomoose
    DAZ0273 said:
    I went with the mirror match. However, instead of relying on my Patch's green power to provide the friendlies, I kept the green tile count low and let the AI fire green first, putting a bunch of friendly on the purples. After that, I had my own green ready to go to put friendly strikes on any newly fallen or unused green. Not a walk in the park though as it took me three tries.
    Patch v patch is definitely the way to go, took quite a while but I was lucky as I had a team up for nova which allowed me to make 4 extra black strikes 

hope they are nicer to us over Xmas as this was tough !!
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Patch v patch is definitely the way to go, took quite a while but I was lucky as I had a team up for nova which allowed me to make 4 extra black strikes 

hope they are nicer to us over Xmas as this was tough !!
    IIRC I used a Medusa team-up with Patch v Patch.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    I used Prowler.  I asked my teammates for Yondu and Polaris team-ups.  Ravagers Ruse makes a bunch of friendly strike tiles, and Polaris stuns and makes strike tiles for both sides, Prowler can steal the enemy strike tiles.