The Deadliest Puzzle Gauntlet

Options
fractalvisions
fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
With the previous puzzle gauntlets I avoided using the Gamora exploit where she downs an opponent with the 'The Deadliest Woman...' passive, but since she was one of the options for the 1v1 this time, I figured I'd take her against Wolverine. He filled the purple tiles with friendly strike tiles, the passive activated at the start of my turn and removed those strikes ... but Wolverine was still standing. It seems they finally fixed the exploit and then made her one of the required characters to make sure we'd notice.  :D

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i laughed at that too; i eventually did it with Prowler lol
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it has to do with the win conditions. You need to match your friendly strike tiles to do damage, so Gamora's passive won't work here.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It used to work regardless of the win condition though
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There were a few win conditions it didn't work on before. I remember it failing me at least once (ended the match, failed the win condition).
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They “fixed” Gamora for this event. I still completed it with her it just took much longer 
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    MegaBee said:
    There were a few win conditions it didn't work on before. I remember it failing me at least once (ended the match, failed the win condition).
    It didn't work for win conditions like have X amount of strike tiles, but it worked on any node where the aim was to down the opponent even if you couldn't hurt them with powers or match damage.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they might have changed the code to have her do massive damage instead of downing the enemy. Like with whales. I tried her on the protects one and, of course, Hobofist shrugged it off. Luckily, the SC winfinite worked like a charm as Cage kept dropping black protects which I was happy to find matches for to feed black to Hulkbuster. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did find it funny that they fixed gamora and had her as a required, touche devs, touche. 

Got an upgrade on chewie to level 3 so that was nice, and appreciated it being a proper challenge this time round. 
  • SocAccPsyc
    SocAccPsyc Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Anyone else think these puzzle missions would be better if the same rules applied to both sides?  I find it frustrating when a series of enemy powers/matches in a single round will and take down part of my team, forcing me to restart if a necessary piece of the strategy is now gone.  It feels cheap that their powers and match damage count while yours doesn't.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The ai is not equipped for puzzles. It would become just matching until you eventually win instead of any sort of challenge 
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited November 2021
    Options
    There is another character who can down an enemy with less than 40% health for 8 red AP, I wonder if they "fixed" him as well.
    It's a LOT less exploitable than 4*Gamora passively downing an enemy from full health, and I'm not particularly eager to drag him into one of the fights to find out.  I never even used the Gamora trick while it worked although I did know about it.

BTW, Deadpool whales doesn't work in these "down all enemies / prevent all damage" fights?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only one I found difficult was the 1v1 against Patch and that's partly because I sold the max-champs that would help me in that fight. But you can whale him, so...
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Borstock said:
    The only one I found difficult was the 1v1 against Patch and that's partly because I sold the max-champs that would help me in that fight. But you can whale him, so...
    Thanks for that info!  I managed to get very lucky and take out Patch on the first try, but that fight is stacked against the player.  For those having trouble with it, Whales might indeed be a better option than having squishy Loki repeat the fight over and over and over and over again.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Thanks for that info!  I managed to get very lucky and take out Patch on the first try, but that fight is stacked against the player.  For those having trouble with it, Whales might indeed be a better option than having squishy Loki repeat the fight over and over and over and over again.
    I did it with my own Patch first try. Luck was certainly a factor. I focused on his strike tiles to mitigate the damage hedealt, figuring he would match my strike tiles.

On another account I wasn't that lucky, yet after a few tries, I brought the Wasp Gauntlets support, which heals an extra amount every time Patch heals (always, thus). 

Carol's communicator would work too, if you match a friendly tile.
  • Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    I won the match against Patch using Prowler. It was tedious and I thought I would lose but then a match of three fortified purple strike tiles appeared (hitting him six times) and I stole away with victory.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I won the match against daken with Loki. But the mvp is actually the support, vibranium ore. It produces a Defence tile when there is a match 4. With the no of black tiles falling from the top, I really have a lot of match 4. Which gives me sufficient no to kill off daken. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it with patch first try with gamora. Just save black and blue and let him fire his strikes.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,566 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a 3* Chewie already, so won't waste any time on this. I just find them frustrating and I get enough of that during my workday, but if you like these puzzles, more power to you!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    Got a 3* Chewie already, so won't waste any time on this. I just find them frustrating and I get enough of that during my workday, but if you like these puzzles, more power to you!

Chewie is one of the best supports going for 1v1 battles or certain puzzle gauntlet modes. Well worth the effort and it's the 2nd time it's been featured. This time I upgraded mine from a 3 to a 4 so I'm happy with the 1 hr it took to clear it.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did anyone track all the the supports that have been featured since Puzzle Gauntlet was a thing?