Week 26 Colossus (Phoenix Five), Gambit (Classic), Onslaught, Wolverine (Samurai Daken) + bonus SW!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I find that Onslaught's passive is pretty weak when boosted. 10 TU = ~32k damage. And then his passive is done. Against Wanda, it will automatically drop to 19k damage, unless her repeater isn't on the board. 

How do you guys play with Onslaught if you are not pairing him with Prof X or Shang Chi? Do you focus on his passive green, active blue ability or do you bank on his cascades? I find that his passive ability can be pretty risky because it could give opponents match-4 or 5 opportunity.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE: with Thorpocalypse.
    PVP: with Ronan and Electro.
  • HoundofShadow
    For PvE, that team looks good. I hardly use Apocalypse unless I'm trying to slow down my grind or I'm playing against BRB/Polaris/Kitty.

As for PvP, he's pretty fun with Domino and Electro. I might want to give your team a run.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Onslaught with Apocalypse and Thano5 in pick-3, but I don’t expect that will be relevant to this boost week. But if you luck into a match-N on battle start you should be able to one shot the required 3* in pvp. His blue I like for board control, and his cascade generation is useful even without the TU damage. 
  • 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I think 5* are getting cycle again, after all there are only 55+ of them.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I find that Onslaught's passive is pretty weak when boosted. 10 TU = ~32k damage. And then his passive is done. Against Wanda, it will automatically drop to 19k damage, unless her repeater isn't on the board. 

How do you guys play with Onslaught if you are not pairing him with Prof X or Shang Chi? Do you focus on his passive green, active blue ability or do you bank on his cascades? I find that his passive ability can be pretty risky because it could give opponents match-4 or 5 opportunity.
    This event it’s about creating cascades and using them to to create heavy match damage from Colossus. 

There is also synergy between Colossus black and Onslaught blue (if you fire in that order). Colossus creates enemy strikes; and Psychic Blast does big damage if you select rows/columns with enemy specials. If you select a single special tile, I believe you get double damage (because the tile is both in the row and column) so it can be a pretty nice nuke depending on where your strikes fall if you are chasing and spamming black. 

As an aside I saw tons of Gambit in Loki’s PVP. Probably because they both do “charged tile stuff” but I pretty much rode Colossus/Onslaught to one of my quickest climbs ever. 
  • HoundofShadow
    I started off using Onslaught/Colossus, which is also the most common team in there. After the first few matches against Onslaught/non-Colossus, I realised Onslaught's weakest colour is yellow and Colossus' black synergise with Onslaught's blue. Three to four Colossus's black power is all you need to down enemy Colossus by then. So, I always down Colossus first followed by Loki-Gator, and finally Onslaught. Before using Onslaught's blue, I always fire Loki's yellow to put yellow charged tiles, so that the yellow match 4-5 created by Onslaught will be even more powerful.

I played one match against Gambit/Onslaught and it was a pretty long match where they got lucky with cascades, and Loki kept going invisible. Loki-gator's AoE is insignificant, so it dragged the match.

The part about selecting single special tile is new to me. I might try it on the last pvp. Next PvP is Wanda and I think it would be pretty crazy to bring Onslaught in there. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Gambit can help you keep Lokininvosible by seeking out the charged purples when you fire his red. I found it somehow to work better when defending opponents used it than when I tried to do it offensively lol
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was dreading Colossus Week, but only because I don't like him very much and I forgot what last Colossus Week was like.

It's fine!  As long as you have Colossus, his passive basically cancels out enemy Colossus passive, and you just get to play a regular match.

If you don't have your own Colossus for some reason...maybe find a good book to read this week.  Or take up needlepoint or something.

I used Gambit as my 2nd because he's really stupidly overleveled.  I don't think I'd recommend using him unless yours also drops over 100k in damage on purple (37k per CD at in pre-boost lvl500).
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been using the skip button on Colossus quite liberally. I tried Shang-Chi a couple of times. It was moderately successful but I gave up after I watched a match-5 in black drop from above and one shot my poor SC from full health. Luckily there are very few players that have a fully covered Colossus that has been intentionally under levelled so PvP is pretty normal this week. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started climbing with SC and wanda: it's beginning to be a solid habit. After that I switched to Wancol team. The health pack waste was moderate.
    Now wanda is boosted and the battle will be like a regular SIM, but possibly burning health packs. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I haven’t started the Wanda PvP, but I can’t say I’m super looking forward to it yet. The Loki one was quite a slog, with more than a few matches coming down to a pair of last man standing invisible gators chipping each other to death with yellow AOE. I started retreating from those rather than sticking them out.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    I liked boosted OMD this week however against teams with no tile makers his effectiveness is cut in half .
      ( Electro was great in Loki PvP as the AI Loki constantly fires Get Help resulting in no damage and an immediate retaliation from your own Loki ( with a power booster 3rd))
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I used Collosus and Wanda almost all the time in the AlligatorLoki event. Had to pick on the same person 4 times because I kept skipping other colossus Wanda teams and it was getting annoying reaching 900 points. 

I'm thinking BRB or Polaris might be my 3rd member. My strategy is to use Wandas pink on black, then fire Colossus black when he's in front. Easy 50k + wanda % damage.

And if you get enough blue, use wandas blue on enemy wanda or colossus to make their damage reducing effects weaker.  

Does Gam5ra go into Latest today? seems like an event in which she might be good in. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m expecting her too land today
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I have been using the skip button on Colossus quite liberally. I tried Shang-Chi a couple of times. It was moderately successful but I gave up after I watched a match-5 in black drop from above and one shot my poor SC from full health. Luckily there are very few players that have a fully covered Colossus that has been intentionally under levelled so PvP is pretty normal this week. 

Colossus  levels depends on your MMR. My matches consist entirely of boosted Colossus of  levels 575 to 672. Mine is boosted to 594 so it's ok. 😁

It's cool that this game is wildly different depending on your roster.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    well that was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, got to 950 points in the 5witch pvp 

I’m probably helped by having champed her a couple of weeks ago plus onslaught and 11 covers for colossus 

probably not as straight forward when they are not boosted 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Wow, I was able to roster my single yellow cover 5* Gamora, and that power makes such a huge difference in this wanda pvp with colossus. It's very effective in this specific PVP so far; I'm curious how well she will work in pick-2 to cut through the Wanda Layer?
  • HoundofShadow
    Threw out Colossus/Wanda/Gamora. It got hit quite a lot of times. My usual number of win to hit past 1200 is 18-20. I'm at 27 wins for this pvp. It was not easy to find 6x or 7x as I climbed higher. It's probably due to off season and Colossus/Wanda being boosted.

I love Gamora Infinite Stun when only one opponent is left. Put two of her repeaters on the board and it's over for Colossus.

Or you can stun two opponents simulatenously if two of your repeaters has the same countdown timer. It's either two 2-turn repeaters to stun two opponents or one 1-turn and one 2-turn repeater to stun single opponent forever. 

However, her yellow repeater got matched a lot of times over 27 wins. I think it got matched in almost every single match. So, I think she needs to be teamed with someone who can fortify special tiles if you are playing longer than usual matches.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah. I was using Gamora/Scarlet Steel too. I really get Gamora’s black cd to 10 quite easily. But I’m still taking the damage before her 2nd passive activates. her yellow opens up everything but its hard to stay on the field. 

I like this trio though. I choose yellow with Wanda’s purple if the board doesn’t have a lot of yellow when I can fire it. If I make a yellow match or two before, I choose red, because I know I’m gonna kill a character after I set yellow and Gamora’s red becomes better after one is gone.