Week 26 Colossus (Phoenix Five), Gambit (Classic), Onslaught, Wolverine (Samurai Daken) + bonus SW!

Options
DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Oh my, the Scarlet Witch PvP is going to be brutal but at least it is only one event! Did we not have Samurai Daken a short time ago or am I mis-remembering? Onslaught and Colossus are mega health slogs too. Yikes.Then we have poor ol' Gambit - once the King but will we see him apart from as an outlier on some ancient rosters? Stay tuned!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You will probably see a lot of Colossus & Gamora/Apocalypse in her pvp if you join later. Gamora is in on the 15th and Wanda pvp starts on the 14th. I think a lot of players is waiting for Odin to get out.  :D

I think OMD appeared a few weeks ago.

On the 4* side of thing, the boosted are:

Elsa Bloodstone, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Jean Grey (All-New X-Men), Kate Pryde, Quake.

Jean Grey might be the most useful ones with Onslaught boosted. Kate Pryde is also pretty good.

This boost week will probably be a healthpack fest with Colossus. I can't remember whom I use with Colossus the last time he was boosted. Wanda or Apocalypse?

If I see Onslaught, it will definitely be Colossus and Wanda. Probably Shang Chi will have some fun with Onslaught too. Other combination would be Gamora & Colossus.

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Yeah I guess this week is almost an endorsement for champing Gamora - I wonder if that is accidental or not? I am severely lacking in the champed Colossus department so I expect pain although at least I do have Witchie for her pvp.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think we will mostly see Colossus/Onslaught in this one if not the usual Wanda/Colossus. I may start with Gambit/Colossus and see how much the charge tiles matter, but he and OMD are probably going to struggle to be relevant in this batch. OMD just doesn’t do the numbers to matter, even though his red could dovetail ok with Colossus’s black. 

What’s the D+ event that they are tying into, so we know?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    It is Disney+ Day on Friday 12th November (whatever that may be). Shang Chi debuts on the platform then but I guess he is too new in MPQ to be included so we otherwise have Witch and Aligator Loki PvP.
  • Beefhammer69
    Beefhammer69 Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Colossus’ last boost week taught me that you either have a Colossus of your own, or you don’t play. By far the most broken character when weekly boosted, and I can’t put myself through that torture again. I’ll enjoy the PvP vacation. Don’t think there will be much variety, probably 45/45 Colossus with Onslaught or Wanda and then some sprinklings of Apoc/Colossus. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I wonder if a black battery like 5torm or Doom wouldn't be more helpful offensively than one of those others?
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh my, the Scarlet Witch PvP is going to be brutal but at least it is only one event! Did we not have Samurai Daken a short time ago or am I mis-remembering? Onslaught and Colossus are mega health slogs too. Yikes.Then we have poor ol' Gambit - once the King but will we see him apart from as an outlier on some ancient rosters? Stay tuned!
    This is OMD's third boost week, but his last boost was way back on week 10. OMD and Gambit now join the group of 5s who have been boosted three times but Ghost Rider is still the only 5 that has been boosted 4 times.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I thought Jean Grey got boosted thrice as well?
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought Jean Grey got boosted thrice as well?
    Yes. Current boost count stands at:

4 boost weeks: Ghost Rider
    3 boost weeks: OMD, Iceman, Gambit, Daredevil, Star-Lord, Jean Grey, OML

The only 5s that haven't been boosted at least once are the latest 4 (Gamora, Ultron, Shang-Chi, Odin)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If OMD is on track for a boost, I hope that he just gets a number pump. His kit is cool, it just...doesn't do anything material.

Unboosted, at 5/3/5, my 453 will do:

8 red: remove 4x enemy SAPs, does 4497(!) damage, then creates 2x blue 300pt strikes per special removed

0 black: if more than 6 black in the bank, convert 3 of it to red and create a pair of 2 turn repeaters that do 4198 damage when they tic down assuming there are at least 3 non-repeater specials on the board (this is fine as a passive)

9 green: destroy 3 green (generates AP) and deal 9437 damage that permanently reduces the target's health. passively regens health if it falls below 25% and you have enough green. the health regen part of this is not awesome, but the base attack is almost good. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I hope they don't touch OMD. Touch OML instead. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I mean he can get it too, but i do love his passive strike creation

• DAZ0273
    Options
    Actually thinking about Gambit it would be good if we could get his power blocking condition removed so we can use him with Shang Chi.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I like his passive black ap to red ap conversion. The rest is fine. Rebalancing OML would probably bring some players back because his nerf kicked off a storm. 

As for Gambit, I highly doubt they will remove that because it's part of Gambit's characteristic (I suppose). If they do remove, I think they will increase it to be a 3 or 4 turn repeater, or decrease the ap gains.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    FYI if he goes to sleep or is thrown airborne, you can do purple and yellow stuff until he re-activates. Not sure that's overly helpful, but it's a thing.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I can remember only 3* Colossus and 5* Captain Marvel who can choose the ally to be sent airborne. Heimdall could do that but he sent all allies airborne. As for stunning own allies, 4* Punisher and 5* Thanos could do that. Am I missing anyone else? Such abilities are pretty rare.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could easily undo that now.  Gambit's AP generation isn't even good.  Compare to the actually- good battery 5* like Thor and BRB and it's not even close.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    He gathers the AP from using his red on charged tiles, so you could hypothetically use him as a battery for something interesting I guess. It was more just to say you could get around it actively if you really liked trying to find niche uses for nerfed characters. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I usually play OMD in wave nodes with apoc. It's not the fastest play but the repeaters are funny. His green is funny to fire it and he kinds of refuel itself. And his red is forbidden because apoc is there. 
    OMD does a lot of things for fun, except being fast.

This week will have really slow battles. Col and SW boosted.
    If gamora appears it should be behind colossus back. Anyone not trying Col SW at least should run Col for to lessen the health pack burning, I guess.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Yeah I think you want Colossus/ <insert colossus enhancing second> regardless. I could see Killmonger showing up too for the crit production and potential Onslaught protection, though unboosted he won't be lasting too long.