Farming 4*

124»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I know there is some advice from the old days that said you must champ everyone at every tier before moving up, and that can feel like people trying to hold you back or gatekeeper you from higher tier play to a certain type of personality. I didn’t like hearing that, so I set out to build my roster back to front as I mentioned in a previous post. Ultimately after I got my 2s and 3s all rerostered and champed and I realized that having the patience to play that way probably would have gotten me further faster, but I eventually got there.
    I wonder if it is still considered optimal to champ all 4*s before moving to the 5* tier. It probably is from a rewards standpoint. Maybe I will pull exclusively from LL once Gamora enters to see if I can champ them going forward without having half champed though with ~70% fully covered and waiting iso. 

You definitely don't need to champ all 4's before becoming a 5* player but if you keep playing and rostering you will do it eventually without meaning to. I have everybody champed bar Blob and now Ikaris but it wasn't a big plan, it is just farming has never ever been easier these days with shards flowing and saved covers, champing sort of takes care of itself eventually.
    You can get sucked into the "old ways" with this game though - I rarely bother playing the 1* node on DDQ these days but still keep a 1* Spidey on my roster - I haven't really worked out why - in fact I use him more for the apply covers task in  daily quests as I save multiple spare covers on my vine and just move them up and down as needed. In game play terms though he is redundant as I can't be bothered to play the tedious 2*/1* nodes on DDQ.
    Doesn't it bother you to miss out on the DDQ placement rewards?

(DDQ placement rewards are screenshots of the DDQ leaderboard with your name at #1)
    I was 1st once and that ticked that box for me!
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a whole folder of them!  I don't really care about PvE or PvP placement anymore, but I am an extremely competitive DDQ player.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor

They need to give us my most wanted feature: the "immediately open all tokens" button.

Right now I have zero tokens of any kind in stock, and 16cp, but man would I love pressing that button once a day.  Or once an hour, maybe.
    I’d also add a “train all” single button too so you can add all the outstanding iso in one go rather than having to click into every freaking character to individually add it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I originally put this in a different thread, but since it's relevant to this conversation I figured I'd cross-post it. I decided to quantify the output of my "so-called" resource engine and came up with the following data:

"Thought it might be interesting to figure out my pulls per day. I went back to Electro dropping out of latest on 10/18/2021, and in that time I’ve earned 41 latest tokens pretty much all through champ rewards except any one or two I’d have landed from personal progression in a boss event *edit* - or 3-5 from DDQ Crash nodes. I’ve pulled 50 classics since then also, which equates to 1,000 cp earned through full progression in most events and champ levels/daily rewards/alliance mates spending occasionally. 

So in the last 22 days, that works out to 3.68 possible Latest pulls per day, however, since I’ve been getting 20% more bang for my CP buck, surely a sizable chunk of that pull rate was due to pulling over there [in Classic Legends]. Interesting nonetheless though."

This is only in regards to CP and LTs, not hp, covers, shards, iso, etc. But those would have been there as well.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I originally put this in a different thread, but since it's relevant to this conversation I figured I'd cross-post it. I decided to quantify the output of my "so-called" resource engine and came up with the following data:

"Thought it might be interesting to figure out my pulls per day. I went back to Electro dropping out of latest on 10/18/2021, and in that time I’ve earned 41 latest tokens pretty much all through champ rewards except any one or two I’d have landed from personal progression in a boss event *edit* - or 3-5 from DDQ Crash nodes. I’ve pulled 50 classics since then also, which equates to 1,000 cp earned through full progression in most events and champ levels/daily rewards/alliance mates spending occasionally. 

So in the last 22 days, that works out to 3.68 possible Latest pulls per day, however, since I’ve been getting 20% more bang for my CP buck, surely a sizable chunk of that pull rate was due to pulling over there [in Classic Legends]. Interesting nonetheless though."

This is only in regards to CP and LTs, not hp, covers, shards, iso, etc. But those would have been there as well.

Thanks for this data. I've been keeping track since 10/21, and I'm lvl 115, so still playing SCL9. My numbers are only marginally lower than yours, at 700 CP spent and 24 LL tokens. (and if I were to extrapolate back to the 18th, would have been even closer to your numbers, as I remember spending quite a bit right before that thinking,"I should really be tracking all of these.") So your data kinda gives me a base for the difference that SCL10 will make when I'm able to get there, aside from the 5* shards of course.

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's nice to see what the differing veteran thoughts are in regards to higher level topics like this one.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I only play both modes to full node progression in a not very optimized way. Generally speaking, that equates to t200 in SCL10 just by default, and then depending on if and where i choose to save in PVP (lately I've been saving out at ~1200) it will result in anything from t100 to t75? something like that. Anyway, well below the LT reward levels, but still a decent amoun tof shards and occasionally covers.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVP (lately I've been saving out at ~1200) it will result in anything from t100 to t75? something like that. 
    You must be playing a high competitive bracket. I usually don't pre-regist. I don't know wich bracket I play but on the first slice 1270 points give me T50 or T25.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah I guess. I just took a look at the leaderboard in Hotshot, and with 1d 18hr left the first place slot is shielded at 1068pts
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Just for closure: I finished Hotshot with 1229pts, and I was 32nd out of 500. Did the bracket size drop from 1000? Or was it always 500?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always 500. PvE 1000. 

12xx usually nets you top 50 in S1. However, there are times where you place 51-53 because someone scored ~70 more points than you. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    In pvp is 500. I scored 1334 and I was t24, in S1.