Week 25 Boost: Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Loki (God of Mischief), Professor X (Classic), Star-Lord

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed said:
    In some thread somewhere I had a debate with myself about whether DD/Polaris is better than DD/Beta Ray Bill.  I still haven't solved that one.
    I suspect DD/Polaris because you will have 2 stuns on different colours. BRB, while being a meta 5*, has less synergy with DD.
    Ugh, I can't even debate myself properly.  I meant DD/Polaris vs BRB/Polaris.

It's not as crazy as it sounds.
    I see what you mean :):smile:

If it’s without boost, then I say BRB/Polaris will win hands down. Simply because BRB will generate a lot of blues from the protect tiles that Polaris generate. 

But for this week, I think DD/Polaris edge ahead of BRB. When the opponent is stun, each hit on the opponent cause an additional 5k dmg (My DD is level 584). With Polaris passive, it goes really nuts. Each turn I am guaranteed 10k dmg (1x match + 1 Polaris passive). If I match additional A/S/P tile, Polaris passive also triggers DD 5k damage. It adds up. A lot! 
    I regretted not playing this team in Storm pvp. It’s so much easier to play with Polaris.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ran all three of those characters together on the Farenheit 5400 Challenge Node (1* Iron Man/4* Torch/Coordinator) and it was a serious team. I'm looking forward to the experience I so often have with boosted characters the week after they're boosted where I attempt to run it and it just falls on its face lol.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hate to burst your bubble but boosted Starlord is pretty meh. I thought last time I'd finally get some use out of him but sadly he isn't great.

Daredevil on the other hand starting with 1/2 health is awesome 
    Star Load was always ****
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I ran all three of those characters together on the Farenheit 5400 Challenge Node (1* Iron Man/4* Torch/Coordinator) and it was a serious team. I'm looking forward to the experience I so often have with boosted characters the week after they're boosted where I attempt to run it and it just falls on its face lol.
    I wonder if there's a better third than BRB that you can run in pick-3.  Ideally it'd be a stun on a different color plus some kind of extra passive damage, or maybe attack tile creation?  Daredevil likes attack tiles and so does Polaris. 

I was thinking Kitty as third might get crazy pretty quick too.

Edit: 5* Iceman?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2021
    Ghostpool is good as a third. I like BRB for the battery though. Stun on red with a passive danger on basic match. I ran it in Simulator, and even with 3 colors of stun I didn't have anything approaching the maximum stunlock I was expecting. There was an awful lot of passive damage flying around though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Daredevil (boosted)/Ghostpool actually works pretty well in pick-2 also it turns out.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder if there's a better third than BRB that you can run in pick-3.  Ideally it'd be a stun on a different color plus some kind of extra passive damage, or maybe attack tile creation?  Daredevil likes attack tiles and so does Polaris. 

I don't think Iceman is that strong with Polaris, because he is constantly bleeding out your blue everywhere. I think Polaris works better when she can spam out the strikes to get that ball rolling. It may not be as bad if you have a 50% health DD in play, but unboosted mine has pretty low old character health, so that's kind of a risky move in practice I find.
  • entrailbucket
    Ah, that's right.  I think I was remembering some old event where Daredevil and Iceman were both boosted.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    New MPQ rule. When 5* prof x is boosted so must Onslaught be boosted and vice versa.

Thank you. 😝
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've not encountered a single Polaris/DD yet, but Prof X is digusting with all his cascades.  :s
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am enjoying Prof X boost week it must be said.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I've not encountered a single Polaris/DD yet, but Prof X is digusting with all his cascades.  :s

The team i've been using is profx and Wanda. With her pink targeting pink.   

My boosted profx deals something like 39k aoe with his green and 78k single target when on red. That's before a Wanda boost of minimum 45% from having 9 pink ap. It's a lotta dmg :D 

I am also surprised that Prof'X's power and polaris powers dont get reduced from cascades like match damage does.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor

I don't think Iceman is that strong with Polaris, because he is constantly bleeding out your blue everywhere. I think Polaris works better when she can spam out the strikes to get that ball rolling. It may not be as bad if you have a 50% health DD in play, but unboosted mine has pretty low old character health, so that's kind of a risky move in practice I find.

If the match goes on long enough, there wont be any basic blues for him to replace with countdowns. 
  • entrailbucket
    Daredevil (boosted)/Ghostpool actually works pretty well in pick-2 also it turns out.
    I remembered an old team I liked and tried that -- 5* Captain America works really well as a 3rd for DD Polaris.

Cap has a yellow stun that creates a pile of special tiles for Polaris (including attack tiles, which Daredevil loves).  Also his red CD tile will create yellow AP while Daredevil is boosted, and Daredevil is team cap so you get 9 yellow out of it.
  • HoundofShadow
    If Cap has the same effects as 4* Nick Fury yellow, he will be great again.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I tried running what I thought would be a good team of stunners (red/purple/green) in Ghostpool/Daredevil/Sighclops on this Kingpin/Daken/Sentry challenge node for clear 4, and it just didn't work. All the stuns were too expensive/didn't last long enough to chew through those health pools, and on top of that it actually seemed like Sonar Strike's passive wasn't affective damage from some of the active powers? It definitely worked fine with basic match damage and passive powers though, so I guess I could have just missed the tic when the damage got applied. 

I'll run this team unboosted through a few rounds in Simulator, see what happens, but it will most likely be too slow there as well. i went to Kitty/Daredevil/Polaris and that worked like a charm to get clear 4 of Maggia in Motion.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Walked up to 1200 in hotshot with Daredevil/G4mora with no trouble at all. I’m going to miss this boost week
  • HoundofShadow
    How many retals did you have?
    How many wins did you need to hit 1200?
    Did you play over a three day period or did you do a burst from 0 to 1200?

I'm surprised by G4mora/DD. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Oh I got hit loads of times, but G4mora is still the #1 stunner. That team was offensively very strong and fast, since it stuns on 2 colors. I even got deadliest woman to Proc a few times.

I used all kinds of teams over the course of the event, I played it like I always do where I get the 10cp right after it opens, then sit on it until I’m within a shield save out of it ending. I like G4mora over Polaris because she has that multi stun which gives you a ton of options. Typically I’d stun professor x or whoever, and then try to take out whatever character got the 1-turn stun if I could.

I hit 1200 in 44 wins, but as I mentioned that wasn’t all in one sitting. Currently I’m in 27th place, but it has 8hrs left to go.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thanks for the replies. One advantage of playing pvps your way is that you earn more iso-8 due to more wins. S1 is a high scoring slice, so that helps a lot as well. Still, it's amazing to see Gamora/DD climb to 1200, given that Prof X can down her in one or two match-4.