Week 25 Boost: Daredevil (Matt Murdock), Loki (God of Mischief), Professor X (Classic), Star-Lord

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,127 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did the first and second clear of Enemy of Thy Enemy with Knull/Daredevil/Carbage and it was pretty fun. Eventually though that enemy Carbage gets way too powerful for anyone that doesn't have a cheaper stun than DD has though.

On my third clear I used Shang-Chi/Sighclops/Profe$$or X, but then on clear 4 I used Daredevil/Wanda/Kitty and set Wanda's purple to create more purple. that actually worked really well, it was about the same level of difficulty as Clear 1 - you just stun Carbage as soon as you can and keep after him, then the other two will drop without a ton of drama.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    DD+ Scorpion vs non-movers frees up a spot on your team so you don’t need another stunner. 

Vs enemy of my enemy, I chose colossus as my 3rd because 5* Carnage’s match damage is my biggest problem. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Man, I really like using boosted Daredevil; on the 5e node with Goblin and 2x demolishers I'm using hawkeye/g4mora/Daredevil and it is murder if you can get a cascade going.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,811 Chairperson of the Boards
    Regular reminder that Daredevil is super good when he's boosted
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone bother using his green? I only hear about his stun, healing and strike tiles. No one talks about his green.
  • entrailbucket
    Does anyone bother using his green? I only hear about his stun, healing and strike tiles. No one talks about his green.
    I use it.  It's just an extra way to double dip on his stunned enemy boost and strikes.  Because it's a countdown tile it does its damage separately from match damage, powers, and attack tiles.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    It still follows the old trap behavior too where a match-4 line clear makes it behave as if the enemy matched it away (i realize it's not a trap, but it's not common for a player behavior to trigger enemy conditionals like that the way traps used to).

But it's yet another example of a power that costs 11 green to fire off, so you're either chasing green for that or getting it from a battery somewhere else, or you're chasing 9 purple for the stun or utilizing someone else's stun instead. So it's far more effective to play around his passives because there are much better green powers to focus on in the 5* tier, and there are certainly cheaper stuns than 9 purple available. but since the stun passive damage doesn't care how they got stunned, that's not a problem really.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2021
    My DD is base level 451 boosted to 570, and the stats on Hand-to-Hand (5 covers, boosted) are:
    11ap, create a 5-turn CD that deals 5042 (regularly 2015) each turn, recovers 8ap if player matches it, and deals 39xxx (regularly 15645) damage if enemy matched or destroyed

It's pretty similar to GRRR's red in that way with the chip damage then big hit, or Thor's yellow. 

If you look at the most common green batteries in the 5* tier, you have:

BRB, whose green costs 12ap and hits 4x targets for about 9k each

Thor, whose green costs 12ap and hits all targets for 13xxxk each

Immortal Hulk: I've been using him along with some of the boosted green users lately as a battery since his green isn't active. I didn't think of trying  him with DD5, but it's an option. But his "battery" adds one then removes 2, so it's not 100% reliable

Banner Hulk: I mean...

Profe$$or X: this means you aren't doing any stunning, but it's not a bad option to turn purple into green along with some AOE I suppose, at least with this boost schedule

Danver5: not the most reliable green battery, but you could make the case that DD's green is superior to hers and you would use it for him instead. She would pair a lot better with DD prior to her secret nerf. Since he is passively dropping strikes, she would have been able to use her green to create yellow and toss people into the air or destroy his green CD for the bigger damage, but now it's kind of just a nothing team I think.

Star Lord: I haven't tried it, but maybe. 10 yellow to convert 5 enemy strongest to green charged. But then you'll probably want to use Bit of Both with that 10 green since it does 20k AOE damage and board shake

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Danver5: not the most reliable green battery, but you could make the case that DD's green is superior to hers and you would use it for him instead. She would pair a lot better with DD prior to her secret nerf. Since he is passively dropping strikes, she would have been able to use her green to create yellow and toss people into the air or destroy his green CD for the bigger damage, but now it's kind of just a nothing team I think.

You can pair her with Cable to get some fortifications when you match yellow tiles. 
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    The only boosted 5* champ I have this week is Prof X. Surprisingly, I'm struggling to find his best PvP partner from my options. I don't have a useable Onslaught or Apocalypse. I've tried running him with Chavez, 5witch, Colossus, 1/2 Thor, Cyclops, Okoye...  

You'd think a 5/3/5 Professor with Colossus would be a good option, but Colossus tanks for the Professor and their reductions don't stack. I'll try 5witch some more...
  • entrailbucket
    I do use Daredevil's green but I don't go out of the way to use it, if that makes sense.  It's extra...if you somehow get to 11 green it's worth casting it to get another dip on his passive.

His purple is better than it seems because he steals enemy specials too, although of course that won't be relevant all the time.  It is pretty fun to steal the rock guy goons' giant tiles!

The best Daredevil buddy is actually Polaris.  That's a pretty legitimately good team if either one of them is boosted.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,015 Chairperson of the Boards
    DD’s best teammate was rebalanced to be a wack Carnage helper. RIP Mr Fantastic. 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I did the first and second clear of Enemy of Thy Enemy with Knull/Daredevil/Carbage and it was pretty fun. Eventually though that enemy Carbage gets way too powerful for anyone that doesn't have a cheaper stun than DD has though.

On my third clear I used Shang-Chi/Sighclops/Profe$$or X, but then on clear 4 I used Daredevil/Wanda/Kitty and set Wanda's purple to create more purple. that actually worked really well, it was about the same level of difficulty as Clear 1 - you just stun Carbage as soon as you can and keep after him, then the other two will drop without a ton of drama.
    I just use Mantis and 2 supports giving 5 green at start , perma stun Carnage on start of battle , then pick off 2 goons easily with any meta duo. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    mdreyer93 said:
    The only boosted 5* champ I have this week is Prof X. Surprisingly, I'm struggling to find his best PvP partner from my options. I don't have a useable Onslaught or Apocalypse. I've tried running him with Chavez, 5witch, Colossus, 1/2 Thor, Cyclops, Okoye...  

You'd think a 5/3/5 Professor with Colossus would be a good option, but Colossus tanks for the Professor and their reductions don't stack. I'll try 5witch some more...
    I would do a 5/5/3 Prof X with Colossus and boost purple/blue and green/black match damage. Professor X has a really solid purple since you get a big red nuke and a pretty strong green aoe as well.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I went to test something with Daredevil to see if he can be a green ap generator and he did. I fortified his cd and matched it away. So, I gained more green aps via his ability on top of the 3 green aps from green match-3. If you can get his green power cost down to 3 with Heimdall, you can put a lot of his green cds on the board. Everytime you match his fortified cd, you gain 8 green aps, and you can create another 2 of his cds on the board. Technically, your green aps will hit 30 easily matching his cds. You just need a good third to keep the wheels moving.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,896 Chairperson of the Boards

The best Daredevil buddy is actually Polaris.  That's a pretty legitimately good team if either one of them is boosted.
    Yes! I have them all champed but ended up using DD/Polaris the entire event to hit 1200 and shield out (Storm’s PVP). Pretty fast once it gets rolling. 

It was weird not using Prof in an event he’s boosted in. But that’s the beauty of these rotating boosts… choice. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I did a few matches with the BRB/storm/Polaris winfinite, but switched to DD Polaris myself. Man that team is fun.
  • entrailbucket
    In some thread somewhere I had a debate with myself about whether DD/Polaris is better than DD/Beta Ray Bill.  I still haven't solved that one.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    In some thread somewhere I had a debate with myself about whether DD/Polaris is better than DD/Beta Ray Bill.  I still haven't solved that one.
    I suspect DD/Polaris because you will have 2 stuns on different colours. BRB, while being a meta 5*, has less synergy with DD.
  • entrailbucket
    atomzed said:
    I suspect DD/Polaris because you will have 2 stuns on different colours. BRB, while being a meta 5*, has less synergy with DD.
    Ugh, I can't even debate myself properly.  I meant DD/Polaris vs BRB/Polaris.

It's not as crazy as it sounds.