Easy Puzzle Gauntlet

Hellblazer666
Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited October 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Thanks for the easy Puzzle Gauntlet I beat all the nodes in one day. Quake is a life saver. I love gauntlets where its just Destroy all X Colored Tiles or have X number of colored tiles at once.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't call it easy, but it's doable. Quake is indeed the lifesaver here. The word that sums up puzzle gauntlets for me is annoying. If it wasn't for the rewards, I'd probably skip them.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Glad that it was so easy, makes it easier to accept that I got absolutely nothing out of it.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Glad that it was so easy, makes it easier to accept that I got absolutely nothing out of it.
    Same. Quake & 5torm did all the heavy lifting & got through it in just a few minutes. Every token was a dupe, though.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Duplicate, duplicate, duplicate.
    Fun.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I've found 5torm to be the gamechanger with all the puzzle quests that require certain colours. Her yellow makes more, and her green removes all. she's the MVP of colour manipulation (and a good second with creating charged tiles)

In fact, once I've embraced 5torm as not a damage dealer (and thus put her at 3/5/5), her board control is fantastic. she can add to a lot of teams. my personal favourite is with 5iceman, and use her green to target blue - that sucker will be stunned for a million turns.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Easy but duplicate as usual so only did it for it’s unique victory conditions. Most people playing 3 or more years have little chance of a reward or upgrade 
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Puzzle Gauntlet....A whole lot of work for very little reward.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    The 'have 15 purple tiles' took me three tries - needed to fire Mystique's blue more than three times to get enough purple on the board and Mordo wasn't going easy on her - but the others were quick and easy. Quake, Kamala and Karnak made a great trio for the destroy a specific colour matches.

Got a Hope Summers out of it and levelled up my Chewie and Dora so got something out of it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:
    I've found 5torm to be the gamechanger with all the puzzle quests that require certain colours. Her yellow makes more, and her green removes all. she's the MVP of colour manipulation (and a good second with creating charged tiles)

In fact, once I've embraced 5torm as not a damage dealer (and thus put her at 3/5/5), her board control is fantastic. she can add to a lot of teams. my personal favourite is with 5iceman, and use her green to target blue - that sucker will be stunned for a million turns.
    Agreed. In most of the puzzle gauntlet challenges, 5Storm is easily the MVP.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Add in IM40 and Shuri, you got your MVP £uo in puzzle gauntlet.

Easy puzzle gauntlet = lousy support

Please bring back challenging and difficult puzzle gauntlet! 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't finished the purple challenge yet as got downed first time but Mystique can do that. Quake made the other one a doddle.
  • JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    I found the single-character 'get 15 purple' one frustrating, took me several attempts using mystique. Then I got a 5 star support! It is a shame it isn't a great support though, would be better if it wasn't locked to Black Panther.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quake stole the show. Mystique is great again for the PG and so was 3* cyclops. I used heimdall to reduce ability costs on the needed abilities 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently champed Hydra Stomper. He and Vulture dominate this mode, especially for blue users. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    These events are great for newer players to pretty much get guaranteed 3* versions of the featured support.
    But for players who have been around a couple years or longer you probably are getting dupes on a regular basis.
    Its been mentioned repeatedly that there needs to be some kind of saved covers or shard feature where dupes go towards going up the next level.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    These events are great for newer players to pretty much get guaranteed 3* versions of the featured support.
    But for players who have been around a couple years or longer you probably are getting dupes on a regular basis.
    Its been mentioned repeatedly that there needs to be some kind of saved covers or shard feature where dupes go towards going up the next level.
    Or just pulling any support will give you X amount of shards to level up the support that you have as your favorite. I have a rank 5 Taskmaster support and I pulled a rank 3 Taskmaster yesterday. Completely useless for me but if I got shards for it then it would be nice to put them towards something that I really want to level up like a Royal Talon Fighter or finishing off my Milano.
  • Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Onslaught was a champ in this one as well.  Support token was a bit disappointing.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last time they made supports more available, supports were nerfed. Master Token used to give a guaranteed R4 support. Now, it gives R3 as well. If they made it easier to upgrade support to R5, I'll expect support to be nerfed even further. Currently, there are 48 + 6 (stones) supports. Support event is runned once per month. So, it will take 4 years to complete 1 cycle. This tells you how open they are to players getting R5 supports.
  • 67IronMan
    67IronMan Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone beaten Bending the Rules node (clear all green tiles) using Mystique? I'm basically 3* transitioning to early 4* roster so my only options for that node are Thor or Mystique. I've managed to clear all the other nodes except this one. Got pretty close a couple times by killing Hulk and stun-locking GSBW. If I don't kill or stun Hulk he makes charged tiles, which Mystique can't convert using blue power.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    67IronMan said:
    Has anyone beaten Bending the Rules node (clear all green tiles) using Mystique? I'm basically 3* transitioning to early 4* roster so my only options for that node are Thor or Mystique. I've managed to clear all the other nodes except this one. Got pretty close a couple times by killing Hulk and stun-locking GSBW. If I don't kill or stun Hulk he makes charged tiles, which Mystique can't convert using blue power.
    The last time this gauntlet ran I had to use Mystique. You need enough ap stored to fire her blue a few times. But yeah, you also need pink to stun him. Ap boosts and supports like Chimichanga help a lot. Good luck.