MPQ 8th Anniversary!

Options
Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited October 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

You guessed it, it’s that time of the year again! Another year has gone by and what an awesome year it’s been in Marvel Puzzle Quest! This year will mark the 8th Anniversary (WOW!), and we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate MPQ’s 8th birthday with all of you. From the loyal Agents that have been with us from the beginning, to the new Agents just recently joining our community, we want to take this moment to extend a huge THANK YOU to all of you. Join us as the fun brews in the most exciting time of the year in MPQ!

This year, the New Character that will be joining MPQ during our 8th Anniversary is Blob! Blob (Modern) is now available, don’t miss out on his exclusive events! SEE HERE for details.

Come back to the FAQs here to see updated news and information throughout the Anniversary Season.

Thank you for playing!

10/7

• Anniversary Season starts - 10/7 - 10/17

• Anniversary Vault including covers for Devil Dinosaur, Howard the Duck, and Taskmaster amongst others!

• Anniversary Versus events with Devil Dinosaur, followed by Taskmaster Versus events, and more! Take these Anniversary Exclusive characters into battle and earn more covers to use them outside this limited time!

• Anniversary Tokens will be available every day of the Anniversary by playing with Devil Dinosaur!

• Double Iso-8 rewards will be enabled in all events running during the Anniversary *except* Deadpool’s Nightly Games. See more on this event below!

• Check back each day for new Hero Point, Command Point, and other IAP based bundles containing fan voted favorite characters and tokens to buff up your rosters!

• Deadpool’s Nightly Games - Return of the Daily Unlock Event! Deadpool isn’t happy with just his Daily Quests, so he’s come up with a series of challenges to put the players through.

• These challenges are all based around different games such as Chess, Freeze Tag, “Battle at Sea” and more, each with different special rules. For example, in Checkers, you’ll be taking a selection of characters up against Apocalypse, on a board that drops in MANY more Red and Black tiles in particular.

Login Gift

• 1X Token for the Anniversary Vault available starting 10/7 for those that log in during the Anniversary Season!

Special Iso-8 Offer

• Iso-8 Offer = 10x Iso-8 Sale on purchases until 10/10!

10/7

• Double Iso-8

• Deadpool’s Nightly Games

• Versus Event: Devil Dinosaur

• PVE Operation Spider Silk: Taskmaster

• NEW UNIQUE CHARACTER: Blob (Modern)

• “Short of temper. Slow of wit. Large of frame. Fred Dukes has lived a life as the subject of scorn and distrust. Fortunately, his Mutant ability ensures that nobody can push the Blob around. Nobody! Privately, he is an avid collector of poetry.”

• Introducing… Event: Blob (Modern)

10/9

• Deadpool Daily Quest contains Devil Dinosaur as the Crash of Titans

10/10

• Versus Event: Blob

10/12

• Versus Event: What If…?

10/14

• Versus Event: Taskmaster

• Deadpool Daily Quest contains Taskmaster as the Crash of Titans

• PVE Webbed Wonder: Howard The Duck

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cool! Having Devil Dinosaur drop daily anniversary tokens like Ghostpool does for spicy is a nice touch! I'm curious about that What If...? vs event too. Thanks for the info!
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I’m guessing the What If… event will be similar to House of X, but with Peggy, LokiGator, and HydraStomper each being the required character in one of the 3 nodes.  

Oops, was just reminded that LokiGator is a variant, not a What If… so now I really don’t know. lol
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neko, I see D3 are advertising the Steam version on that picture. Do you have any plans to let Steam users see the total value of strike, attack and protect tiles for each team like the Android version does? Where we just tap on a special tile and it brings up the total values.  

Thank you for posting the schedule, looking forward to the special events and dino vault
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are the fan favourite legendary tokens usually not advertised on these things or is it just the vault this year?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think we file the Fan Favorites vault under "to be announced".
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe I'm the only one bothered by this, but certainly Blob doesn't qualify as a "new original character"... Blob has a long history in the comics.

Maybe this art for the "modern" version is new original art just for MPQ, because I've never seen him with that a mustache like that before.  It also looks like the art could be from the newer marauders run that 4* Kate Pryde was pulled from, because his jacket is giving off some pirate vibes.

But even if the art is original, he definitely would not be considered an MPQ original as Peggy, Old Man Daken, and Ghostpool would.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Theghouse said:
    Maybe I'm the only one bothered by this, but certainly Blob doesn't qualify as a "new original character"... Blob has a long history in the comics.

Maybe this art for the "modern" version is new original art just for MPQ, because I've never seen him with that a mustache like that before.  It also looks like the art could be from the newer marauders run that 4* Kate Pryde was pulled from, because his jacket is giving off some pirate vibes.

But even if the art is original, he definitely would not be considered an MPQ original as Peggy, Old Man Daken, and Ghostpool would.

New, as in this character is not in MPQ yet.
    Original, again not in MPQ yet but there are no variations either so completely original to the game.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can't wait for the Fan Favorites Vault i got a lot of CP for it
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Anniversary Tokens will be available every day of the Anniversary by playing with Devil Dinosaur!

Oooh I like this.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If there's no fan favorites legendary this year, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the complaint thread about it. 

Also someone should keep track of all the people who threaten to quit, and hold them to it.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Needs me a fan fav okoye store
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    if its true fan fav... should be okoye + kitty + fill in (brb, apoc, wanda, collossus)
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted for Wasp!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neko said:
    10/7
    • Check back each day for new Hero Point, Command Point, and other IAP based bundles containing fan voted favorite characters and tokens to buff up your rosters.

Fixed that for you, since there was no vote involved this year (so we all expect a shrug-worthy "fan favorites".
    Just because they weren't voted on this year doesn't mean they weren't voted.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neko said:
    10/7
    • Check back each day for new Hero Point, Command Point, and other IAP based bundles containing fan voted favorite characters and tokens to buff up your rosters.

Fixed that for you, since there was no vote involved this year (so we all expect a shrug-worthy "fan favorites".
    Just because people don't remember the vote doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just happened really early this year, for whatever reason (like, way back in July).
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Neko said:
    10/7

Just because people don't remember the vote doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just happened really early this year, for whatever reason (like, way back in July).
    Yes, and that vote was for the summer time favorites store, which was apocolypse, kitty, and deadpool.  It would be really lame if they just copy/paste the summer time favorites store and don't have a unique anniversary fan favorites store.
  • Neko
    Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi all! There seems to be some confusion with Blob's announcement. To clarify, "New Original Character" means this "Unique" character has no existing variants in MPQ. We have since updated the post to clear up the misunderstanding!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Neko said:
    10/7

Yes, and that vote was for the summer time favorites store, which was apocolypse, kitty, and deadpool.  It would be really lame if they just copy/paste the summer time favorites store and don't have a unique anniversary fan favorites store.
    Do we really expect the Fan Favorites to change that much in a few months? Did we NEED a second poll? For that matter, what part of not having a poll means we're going to get the same Fan Favorite trio twice? There are 60 5-stars in the game, seems like we could come up with more than one trio of characters from a single popularity poll.

I can get why people aren't happy, but sometimes it feels like people are fishing for reasons to be disappointed. (and by "sometimes" I mean "always", because that's how the MPQ forums just seem to be)